Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    Thor being unworthy is hardly a new twist though.
    What exactly is he unworthy of though?The text says that he was deemed unfit to wield Mjolnir and the power of Thor. Does that mean that he no longer has his previous physical capabilities or his weather controlling powers even though they are his own innate powers and he had them before he was first worthy of lifting Mjolnir?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    This will replace Mighty Thor, yes?

Either way, I'm excited that Coipel is back on Thor, loved his work on Straczynski's run. Aaron sure has been blessed with some great artists on his Thor work. Ribic, Dauterman and now Coipel.
    I do like Coipel work apart from the way he used to draw Thor's face. For some reason he used to draw him with a square face with a flat nose. That was a few years back though so let's hope things have changed.

He was worthy enough to be unable to wield the AU Thor's hammer, which could only be wielded by one who was 'unworthy," and now he can wield another Thor hammer with the same worthiness inscription that Mjolnir has.

He sounds plenty worthy.

BANNED

Wait... If Malekith cut off Odinson's left arm with Jarnbjorn--

--in what issue did it grow back?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    What exactly is he unworthy of though?The text says that he was deemed unfit to wield Mjolnir and the power of Thor. Does that mean that he no longer has his previous physical capabilities or his weather controlling powers even though they are his own innate powers and he had them before he was first worthy of lifting Mjolnir?
    I honestly don't know. I haven't been following Odinson.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Finally some good news from Marvel! Thor is back! Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I honestly don't know. I haven't been following Odinson.
    Well, there's been nothing really to follow.

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

It didn't he got a fake one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Well, there's been nothing really to follow.
    Well I haven't read any of the Avengers or Secret Wars stuff that featured him.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Love that he's getting ultimate mjolnir just wish I understood how but whatever might check this out.

Quote Originally Posted by dan12456 View Post
    Cool name. I feel like a lot of people might come around to Jane-Thor now that she isn't seen as replacing Odinson's ongoing.

I also like how this shows that long form storytelling can still exist at Marvel, it'll just be over 3, 4 or 5 different titles by one author.
    Jane Thor's been around long enough now (and has obviously been a hit with readers/sales) that most everyone I think has accepted her and the idea of it for now. Since Jason Aaron took over writing the character of Thor, he has had this big grand long form story (as you pointed out) and that since his books have been a success, he gets to finish them and Marvel is pleased to let him do it. He's been teasing the "whisper" forever and it looks like to finally pay off. He's been building on this big war of realms story forever. His one future King Thor issue where his granddaughters found a history book in the library that talked about Jane Thor and how they never knew she existed. He flipped out on them and booted them out of there. So Aaron has known for awhile now I think how Jane's story will end (I'm guessing in the near future she will succumb to cancer and die). How long Odinson Thor will not know her true identity remains to be seen. Aaron got to write the Thors mini to continue his long form story, he's writing Jane Thor and now Unworthy Thor to keep with this grand story. I'm glad for Thor Marvel is letting Aaron write everything Thor. I've really enjoyed his take on Thor since he took over and I'm really happy to see where this goes.

With all that said, YES! Thor Odinson gets his own book, it looks like Mike Deodato's take on Ultimate Mjolnir was artistic liberty (as well as the weird blouse shirt thingy he drew him in), and Olivier Coipel is back on Thor! Loved him and J.M.S. on Thor, but now Coipel returning to Thor and teaming up with Aaron makes me soooo happy! My other dream artist would have been Esad Ribic returning, but he's working on a creator owned at Image at the moment. I've got to give it to Marvel. Since Thor was relaunched with J.M.S., Marvel has been putting top art talent on Thor. Olivier Coipel, Esad Ribic, Russel Dauterman, Chris Sprouse. It's been an awesome time to be Thor fan.

Couple of questions... Since Angela's book ended, where has she been at? Will Aaron keep Thor's metal arm "forever"? His future King Thor is wearing the arm of the Destroyer. Does he get his arm magically back at some point, and then lose it again in some future battle?

Is Thor really unworthy to lift Mjolnir? Him not being able to lift Thorr's hammer for the unworthy in Hickman's closing New Avengers story suggests Thor is worthy again.
    I feel with the whisper being teased at for so long, what could it be? The hype and anticipation never really pays off so I'm praying it's not something really lame. But whatever it is, some will enjoy the answer, others won't. You can't please everyone. I'm guessing it was some kind of event or act that was magically forgotten. That Thor was made to forget until Fury whispered it to him. Mjolnir could have been made to forget as well, because why would it allow Thor to lift it if he committed some act of unworthiness whether he remembered or not.

And with all the rumors of Chris Hemsworth going for a much shorter hair style for Thor: Ragnarok, is Marvel Comics taking a cue from Marvel Studios? Couldn't quite figure out in the first promotional pic if the hair was cut shorter or simply pulled back into a pony tail. Will Thor get an "Ultimitized" look both in comic and movie form to better show company synergy and to sell the character? Is movie Thor needing a modern costume update to make him more in line with his Avengers teammates looks? The other rumor is movie Mjolnir is somehow broken or stolen from Thor. Will Thor get Jarnbjorn or have Mjolnir be reforged to resemble the Ulimate Mjolnir? Ultimate Mjolnir would make for a better battle ready weapon than just the rectangle weapon that he has been using. Just wondering.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 07-07-2016 at 09:07 PM.

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

I like the title. It tells you where Thor is starting from. Titles can change as the series and Thor himself does. However, the Ultimate Mjolnir is to be the similar equivalent to the MU Mjolnir. Due to Secret Wars and the re-molded universe from Doom, this Ultimate Mjolnir is supposed to have the abilities (at least to some extent) of the original one and as it indicates on the side it has the inscription proclaiming the worthiness of the holder. So Thor can become "worthy" again.

I'm looking forward to October!
    The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post

He didn't grow it back. The arm was made by a Dwarf who forged it in Black Uru and It happened in Thor # 4 (2014)

I'll buy the issues for Coipel.

So most likely I'll have the first 3 issues of the run.

Why does he have a metal left arm like Cable and Bucky?