Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Supermutant2099 View Post
    Should just give jane the ultimate thor one and let real thor have his hammer back. There everyone gets things but nope. We got to do stupid thing and continue stupid mystery probably won't be answered even in the book at least not right away.
    Oh, please. Jane is already and is always going to be the "secondary" Thor, the shadow, the female version. Keeping the hammer if she's still going to be a superhero is the least they can do. The hammer is fundamental to her story, in a way that it wouldn't be for Thor. He's still him and he will stay kinda the same with the Ultimate hammer, except for the unworthy storyline, while Jane's plot is all about how the hammer transforms her from a simple woman dying of cancer to a fabulous(my words) superhero.

Is the same reason why Sam keeps the Cap's main shield. Steve has enough, he has nothing to proove(well, the Hydra plot kinda ruins that a bit, but still, he'll come clean soon), he's already THE Captain America. But, Sam could at least go back to Falcon. Jane as not Thor is just Jane.

I thought he was already deemed worthy when he couldn't lift Bizarro Thor's Unwrothy hammer back during Hickman's Avengers?

Anyways, good to potentially see what Fury whispered in his ear.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    And just like that everyone is suddenly eating from Marvels hands again. He he.
    Maybe Marvel is way smarter at selling comic books then some detractors give them credit for.
    Are you only reading the comments you want to see? Some are still taking issue with this. And ignoring yesterdays Ironman news doesn't automatically mean everyone is eating out of Marvels hands. Come on now.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

I've been hoping that something like this would happen since Secret Wars. It has taken a while, but I'm glad Marvel is finally getting around to it. When I saw what happened with Ultimate Thor's hammer, I had a feeling that this would somehow be the catalyst for Odinson to gain a larger role once more. I'm glad that feeling was correct. I think this forces him to become a different kind of Thor, one who does not have the same prestige or support structure that he did in the past. It might also make for some interesting team-ups with Jane Foster.

Overall, it looks very promising. Can't wait to read it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby Krackle View Post
    Odinson gets a book and there's still room to complain. Jesus. Comic books were a mistake.
    I don't think comics are a mistake.
    It's the internet making folks complain more now then in the past.
    In the past there was less complaining or we heard/read way less of it,there was more patience etc..
    Last edited by mace11; 07-07-2016 at 12:41 PM.

Forgive my ignorance of Thor lore, but doesn't he have a healing factor that could regenerate that missing arm? Or have someone cast some powerful magic on it?

Spectacular Member

Odinson gets a book and there's still room to complain. Jesus. Comic books were a mistake.
    ikr?

The name is pretty good imo. My suggestions were simply "Unworthy" or "Odinson".

Are you only reading the comments you want to see? Some are still taking issue with this. And ignoring yesterdays Ironman news doesn't automatically mean everyone is eating out of Marvels hands. Come on now.
    Well you will see it for yourself when the time comes. There is a reason these announcements are made months in advance.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Amazing Member

I think the fact that he's differently abled is an important addition to this diverse new Marvel Universe.

Does male Thor still control the weather? Does Jarnbjorn return like a boomerang?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Robards, Comic Fan View Post
    Haven't been reading any of Aaron's Thor run, but I'm curious: did they ever say why Thor suddenly became unworthy back in Original Sin? If I recall correctly (I didn't read OS, so correct me if I'm wrong), Fury whispered something to Thor on the moon, at which point Thor became unworthy.

The only think I can imagine Fury whispering is, "That girl was only 14."
    This made my day.

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Forgive my ignorance of Thor lore, but doesn't he have a healing factor that could regenerate that missing arm? Or have someone cast some powerful magic on it?
    Yeah, the missing arm bothers me more than anything. Worthy or not, Thor is supossed to be boss. This bad ass über warrior. Seems unlikely he'd suffer such a loss.

Peace

Mighty Member

So we are seeing what the divide is the new character carry on the legacy and old characters returning but with a bit of a twist. Hence we are getting Hydra Cap and Unworthy Thor.

This is a smart move by Marvel.

Thor Odinson is nice, but Unworthy Thor is just more impactful. Thor or Thor Odinson are just simple names, "Unworthy Thor" has a whole a vibe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Thor Odinson (Earth-616)

* Healing Factor: As stated previously, Thor is not invulnerable to all harm and it is possible to injure him. But due to Thor’s unique physiology he is able to heal from most injuries much faster than a human being could. Thor has displayed the ability to regenerate his liver when it was vitrified,and was able to heal his two broken wrists in a matter of hours.This healing factor is said to be much stronger than that of the typical Asgardian God. With the use of Mjolnir, Thor can also regenerate his clothes. However, Thor cannot regenerate lost limbs.