View Poll Results: Who Do You Think Will Lead The Champions?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)

17 36.96%
  • Spider-Man (Miles Morales)

5 10.87%
  • Nova (Sam Alexander)

1 2.17%
  • Hulk (Amadeus Cho)

3 6.52%
  • Cyclops (Young Scott Summers)

18 39.13%
  • Viv Vision

0 0%
  • Other (Sponsor, Group Decisions, etc)

2 4.35%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Eh, definitely not scott. This is supposed to be the new generation, Miles, Sam, Cho, and Miles represent the new generation to the fullest. Having Scott being the leader is a step backwards.
    You have a point there. Scott kind of doesn't fit in here, but isn't that sort of what he's supposed to be in the book?

Kamala or Cyclops.

Scott's the most obvious choice given his experience as a leader and how that's his traditional role, but that would probably make it too obvious a choice.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    You have a point there. Scott kind of doesn't fit in here, but isn't that sort of what he's supposed to be in the book?
    Oh I'm not saying he shouldn't be on the team. In fact his role as pointing to the old generation is what makes him special about the team. But the "leader" of the team should be someone who represents the new charge of the new generation of heroes, and the last person who fits that bill is Cyclops.

I think that Kamala would be the most capable of being a leader, between Nova, Miles and her, she is the most mature of the three. Scott could be a good option too but the others would have a hard time trusting him, Viv barelya has experience and Amadeus is a jerk so they wouldn't follow him.

Extraordinary Member

I'm assuming that Cho is gonna be bankrolling the team.

Can't see him NOT wanting to call the shots if its his dough paying for everything.

Can't see him not throwing that in thier faces every chance he gets either.

Cyke has the raw skill. even Magneto wanted him to lead his Brotherhood early-on.

BANNED

Is it just me or has Marvel not only started promoting legacy characters -- they're also recycling classic titles too...

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Is it just me or has Marvel not only started promoting legacy characters -- they're also recycling classic titles too...

I'm not too sure about Marvel recycling the title rather than they finally have a chance to legally use it for a series. Remember they weren't able to use the title, "Champions", since the late 70's due to another comic publisher legally owning the name. In fact during Marvel's 2007 Initiative run, Matt Fraction, writer and creator of the series called The Order, originally wanted to use the title, "Champions" but couldn't at the time due to legal restraints. Thankfully Marvel and the other publisher reached a agreement and now Marvel can use the title again without worry of legal consequences.

Niffleheim

I wouldn't mind Maddy Cho calling the shots

Spectacular Member StaticShock99's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    I'd hope for a joint leadership between Spider-Man, Nova, and Ms. Marvel.
    I'd like this too. If they left the avengers to form this team that sounds like the best option to me.

Cyclops has the most experience of being a leader and Miles (and Cyclops don't know how long he lead the younger X-Men or his duration as a hero) has the most experience of being a superhero but I think the leader is most likely going to be Ms. Marvel, she seems like someone who always wanted to lead the Avengers (or a team). She did say Avengers assemble in the first issue of ANAD Avengers so maybe she might say Champions assemble or Champions go?

Niffleheim

Does Miles know everybody on this team? I remember i used to see him on the cover of one of the All New X-Men

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

I assume it will be a joint type leadership. Having this in the plot will allow the personalities to develop as they vie for what they think the team should do and try to sway others.

that being said, I have no idea. I am a big Miles and Kamala fan but both would have weaknesses that requires others to fill in.

no, seriously. tactics-wise, Scott Summers is nearly as formidable as Captain America. it's one of his stand-out character traits (like being a sucker for female telepaths).