Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default "The Flash" Movie Circling "Dope" Star Kiersey Clemons as Female Lead

The Ezra Miller-led "Flash" film is reportedly eying "Dope" actress Kiersey Clemons in a leading role.

Full article here.

sign her at once! Internet breakage demands it!

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

That's not surprising considering she was also in "Dope "

Honestly, I think they're trying too hard to copy the Flash TV series. Flash is supposed to be the most upbeat of the Justice League members in the DCEU, while The Flash is also tonally the most upbeat show in the CWverse. The CW verse has a black Iris West, and now they're mimicking that too. I'm not saying I don't want a black girl to play Iris, but I do think the movie version is trying too hard to look like the TV version instead of just doing it's own thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Suitson View Post
    Honestly, I think they're trying too hard to copy the Flash TV series. Flash is supposed to be the most upbeat of the Justice League members in the DCEU, while The Flash is also tonally the most upbeat show in the CWverse. The CW verse has a black Iris West, and now they're mimicking that too. I'm not saying I don't want a black girl to play Iris, but I do think the movie version is trying too hard to look like the TV version instead of just doing it's own thing.
    I think it will probably help the movie to borrow some elements from the show. The scope, story etc. will guarantee it will be different enough. We may also have other JL members dropping in for cameos. That's not something that happens on the show.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Suitson View Post
    To be fair I think Kiersey Clemons is up for Iris because she previously worked with the director rather than them mimicking the choices of the Tv series. Two white actresses are also listed as being in the running so it was probably a open casting.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

She looks lovely.

One assumes that if she's worked with Mr. Famuyiwa on a previous movie, and is up for another role with him, then that means he and she have a pretty strong working relationship. That's usually a very good sign.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I'd hate to see the blowback if this leads to black Wally West down the road

Incredible Member

I was pretty well sold when the director was hired, but now I'm thinking both leads are too young to really capture my interest in this movie.

I fucking hate teenaged superheroes, and I feel like this movie, if it's not set in high school, is at least going to start there.

Also, why cast a babyfaced kid to be the Flash when Batman, Superman, and Aquaman are all like 40? Wonder woman is only like 30, but that's basically middle-aged for actresses, as well. It's a weird discrepancy.

If she's up for Iris, then I wonder who might play Wally? Though, considering how young Barry is, the better question might be just how old Wally would be at this point...

And can we get Joe West into a Flash movie? That would be really awesome .

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    I fucking hate teenaged superheroes, and I feel like this movie, if it's not set in high school, is at least going to start there.
    Barry is already a CSI by the start of the JL movie. That makes him college age unless he's a genius who skipped several grades.

Also, why cast a babyfaced kid to be the Flash when Batman, Superman, and Aquaman are all like 40? Wonder woman is only like 30, but that's basically middle-aged for actresses, as well. It's a weird discrepancy.
    Gal Gadot is 30. Wonder Woman is supposed to be hundreds, if not thousands of years old.

Flash and Cyborg are supposed to be the new kids while the Trinity are the veterans who assemble and guide the team. It adds an interesting dynamic, as far as I'm concerned.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I'll wait to judge Miller as Flash and how young they're making him when we actually get to see him on-screen. None of what I've read of his bits in Justice League sounds very promising (aside from the Gordon scene), but I'll wait for something more substantial.

Heck, for all we know, Barry becoming The Flash so young is all part of Thawne's plan .

I guess, we will never see blonde Barry, white Iris and ginger Wally on the screen.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I'd hate to see the blowback if this leads to black Wally West down the road
    I doubt we would of got a redheaded wally anyway. Clemmons is biracial. They could still cast a Caucasian actor as wally if he is iris nephew like in the comics rather than her brother like in the current show. I don't think his race matters either way personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    I was pretty well sold when the director was hired, but now I'm thinking both leads are too young to really capture my interest in this movie.

The flash is a twenty something in these films. He is a csi and has his own apartment. Are the justice league supposed to all be the same age in the comics?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If she's up for Iris, then I wonder who might play Wally? Though, considering how young Barry is, the better question might be just how old Wally would be at this point...

And can we get Joe West into a Flash movie? That would be really awesome .
    Also we she be his aunt or brother?