Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    I was pretty well sold when the director was hired, but now I'm thinking both leads are too young to really capture my interest in this movie.

I fucking hate teenaged superheroes, and I feel like this movie, if it's not set in high school, is at least going to start there.

Also, why cast a babyfaced kid to be the Flash when Batman, Superman, and Aquaman are all like 40? Wonder woman is only like 30, but that's basically middle-aged for actresses, as well. It's a weird discrepancy.
    Flash and Cyborg actors are in there 20s. WW and superman early 30s, Aquaman late 30s, Batman 40s. A nice range of ages and those have nothing to with there ages in the movie.

WW clearly the oldest.
    Mamoa could pass as way younger if they want a younger Aquaman. Or older if they go that route
    Cyborg and Flash will probaly be college graduate age
    Supes and batman are roughly the age of the actors I believe.
    Cast an older Hal Jordan or John Steawrt to balance it out

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Flash and Cyborg actors are in there 20s. WW and superman early 30s, Aquaman late 30s, Batman 40s. A nice range of ages and those have nothing to with there ages in the movie.

WW clearly the oldest.
    Mamoa could pass as way younger if they want a younger Aquaman. Or older if they go that route
    Cyborg and Flash will probaly be college graduate age
    Supes and batman are roughly the age of the actors I believe.
    Cast an older Hal Jordan or John Steawrt to balance it out
    It would be interesting to see how a younger Flash would work out with an older GL. Probably similar to JL/JLU, depending on how they characterize Hal and/or John.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soldy View Post
    I guess, we will never see blonde Barry, white Iris and ginger Wally on the screen.
    First world problems, yo.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be interesting to see how a younger Flash would work out with an older GL. Probably similar to JL/JLU, depending on how they characterize Hal and/or John.
    It may turn out that way, seeing as Miller's Barry has a similar personality to Wally.

Mixed feelings about this possible casting. On one hand I love seeing more diversity in the cast. On the other hand I dislike that they're copying the tv show with making the West Family African American. I think the movie should be as different as possible from the show without veering away from the Flash mythology. But I'm sure there would be an uproar from the internet fans who have never actually read the comic if they cast a white Iris. Same way people were confused why Green Lantern was white. They only knew the character from the tv show. But this also means that if Wally West appears in future movies he's most likely going to be black. The whole New 52 Wally just brings up negative emotions for me. DC just handled the whole situation poorly and I would like to see a more classic version of the character some day in live action. Not a street racer or a kid who hates the Flash and tags up walls but red head Wally who is a member of the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Sounds like flash and Batman are gonna have a similar relationship to spidey and Ironman from civil war. With all these people in one movie im guessing Batman and Cyborg are gonna be the only ones we see get close with Barry. Cyborg cause they are the same age and Batman cause sounds like hes gonna be his mentor. I have a feeling most the relationships will flow through Batman though

Wally 'Ginger' West fan
    Along one of the Birkeland Currents that traverse the Milky Way. I forget the exact cross streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I'd hate to see the blowback if this leads to black Wally West down the road
    I'm still waiting to see an actual -- as in blond, white, male -- Barry Allen done in a live-action medium. Even the 1990's TV show failed there. If they can't manage a true Barry, the odds of getting a ginger Wally are astronomical. Heck, even the latest Superman is missing the iconic hair curl.
    I despair of live action DC. Nothing but heartbreak.
    Parental care is way exhausting. Gained insight into what my parents went through when I was a baby. Not fun, but what ya gonna do? (Read comics, obviously.)

I think that GL will probably be older anyway as I think by this stage there has already been multiple GLs if we aren't getting Hal. Also the movie is Green Lantern Corps so there could be multiple earth bound GLs in the same movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vericc View Post
    I think that GL will probably be older anyway as I think by this stage there has already been multiple GLs if we aren't getting Hal. Also the movie is Green Lantern Corps so there could be multiple earth bound GLs in the same movie.
    Agreed i think Hal and John will both be in there late 30s area.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyer View Post
    I'm still waiting to see an actual -- as in blond, white, male -- Barry Allen done in a live-action medium.
    It's almost like that's a minor detail that really doesn't matter!