Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Detective Comics #936 Preview

http://www.newsarama.com/30049-kate-...omics-936.html

Well, that's not who I was expecting to see, but I like it!
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Yep, wasn't expecting her.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

I'm also liking that Kate's arc is being made more explicit. Someone who's never thought of herself as a leader but who is seen that way by others, finally growing into that role due to extreme circumstances.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Like Batman Bad Blood.. Kate Kane and renee in a bar.

I did not expect this .. but ... We know by the solicitations this.. The participation of batman would be reduced, response, batman has been kidnapped.

Although I expect the appear of the leader of the colony and he defeating batman.

It seems to me that the rest of the Bat-team is going to go after the Colony in this issue, and that they're going to get their asses beat. I think it's just a matter of how hard. Will they get captured, too? Will they start off well and then get the tables turned? Are they going to pull a tactical retreat and head back to the Belfry to lick their wounds? Will they just get left in the street after the Colony kicks the shit out of them? There's so many possibilities.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Alvaro Martinez slayed those pages. That first page with the beer glass is awesome. This book is so much better than I thought it would be. Glad I didn't trade wait.
    Last edited by Maxpower00044; 07-08-2016 at 03:19 PM.

Poor Batman, lol.

damn, that art, tho.

Art is nice, but it makes not like Kate's crew cut.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Art is nice, but it makes not like Kate's crew cut.
    Yeah I wish they'd bring back her short hair from her last solo run. I still like the fact that she conceals her identity with a wig.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlanta96 View Post
    Yeah I wish they'd bring back her short hair from her last solo run. I still like the fact that she conceals her identity with a wig.
    I think that's one of the main behind-the-scenes reasons for the new hair (in addition to referencing her military training): to make it really obvious that the longer hair is a wig. I remember a lot of people not realizing that her costume has one, and being all "lol won't she get her hair pulled in a fight?"

Renee! Great to see Kate reconencting with her and their having a moment, and happy to have Renee back in the Bat-books again .

Kate's story and the lesson from it certainly carries into that immediate situation pretty well .

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    It seems to me that the rest of the Bat-team is going to go after the Colony in this issue, and that they're going to get their asses beat. I think it's just a matter of how hard. Will they get captured, too? Will they start off well and then get the tables turned? Are they going to pull a tactical retreat and head back to the Belfry to lick their wounds? Will they just get left in the street after the Colony kicks the shit out of them? There's so many possibilities.
    I'm not recalling anything from solicits that would indicate whether they succeed or not, but I imagine their main goal would be rescuing Batman and then taking on the Colony.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Poor Batman, lol.
    Well He was in a locked room with like a 100 trained dudes. He was gonna eventually catch an L. It was just to many people in an enclosed environment.

They stacked the deck against him real quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not recalling anything from solicits that would indicate whether they succeed or not, but I imagine their main goal would be rescuing Batman and then taking on the Colony.
    That may be their plan, I agree; I'm just theorizing.

I know that solicit text should always be taken with a grain of salt, but there's a phrase in the copy for #938 that makes me think something really bad will happen: it describes the Colony "[taking] the Bat-team apart on their own turf". Maybe that's just a reference to literally breaking up the team by capturing Batman, but it could just as easily mean the rest of them get stomped. From a plot progression standpoint I think that's something that needs to happen, and this issue would be a prime place for it.

If we assume that they'll focus on getting Batman back first, then I expect that they'll get ambushed; if Jacob Kane is leading the Colony (which right now I think he is), that would be easy to set up, since he's been eavesdropping on Kate's comms.

But again, I don't know, just guessing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post
    Well He was in a locked room with like a 100 trained dudes. He was gonna eventually catch an L. It was just to many people in an enclosed environment.

?

Wasn't he in the middle of the street, against fifty dudes?

Quote Originally Posted by Desean101101 View Post

Well, it was 50. Why they would tell him i don't know . But ya, i knew he was catching the L. He never really even had a chance. It was pretty obvious what they were gonna do and how they were gonna get the cadets off the bench. Still though, him catching the L isn't why i said poor Batman. I said poor Batman because of what his role in 'Tec really is, and how casually he was sacrificed.
    And honestly though, it would have been nice if we got to at least see Batman make a fight of it after that "you can try" line. Instead we get a background montage of him getting his ass whooped. Poor guy even got smacked with a mail box lol.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-08-2016 at 09:42 PM.