Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The Fullmetal Alchemist vs The Winter Soldier

Which metal armed badass wins?

Rules:

1. No alchemy except Edward giving his arm a blade as he usually does.
    2. No weapons, except for WS getting his knife.

1st match: Comic WS
    2nd match: Movie WS.

I guess the question of the day is; which version of Edward is this? Brotherhood, or the Anime version?

lets go with brotherhood.

Where can i buy a phone? Mr.Alucard's Avatar

Edward would do what he did against Greed and make his arm as strong at titanium, however even with that Edward is small and relays on his alchemy in fights. Winter soldier would win.

I think Bucky.

Better arm and all around bad ass even more than Alchemy-less Ed.

Hell in that plot it was revealed Buckybwas WW2s Eambooo who snuck behind enemy lines and killed people before Cap and co advanced.

What's the other guy's speed like . Because 616 Bucky's peak human

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Let's not discredit Edward. The pipsqueek is very, very good at CQC. Him and Al are both highly trained and very quick. Plus Ed has some sick anime durability.
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

Okay, I was initially inclined to give this to Bucky, but Edward is not only skilled, but crazy fast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZzwova0z_I

Edward is fast enough to jump over a battou sword slash after the swordsman starts his draw.

And fast enough to easily hit Greed twice before Greed can counter, even though the first hit explicitly does absolutely nothing to slow Greed down.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

He looks really fast in that fight.

He also slams the dude into the ground hard enough to break stone (0:45). Like, break stone into fist-sized+ chunks, not crack it.

Poking around, I've found he's skilled/accurate enough to slice a glove off of a guy's hand, mid-fight (2:30).

Unless Bucky got some kind of massive upgrade in the new Cap movie, I'm giving this one to Elric. Not like it's going to be EASY, based on what I've seen so far, but still. Majority.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Well comic Bucky at least wins based on the feats so far

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Is this Ed with the cold weather automail? That makes him significantly faster but costs him some striking power. But it also makes him faster than Scar, who is at minimum an aim dodger whose whole deal is blitzing people.

I think Scar only has bullet time feats in the original anime, not Brotherhood though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    He looks really fast in that fight.

He also slams the dude into the ground hard enough to break stone (0:45). Like, break stone into fist-sized+ chunks, not crack it.

Poking around, I've found he's skilled/accurate enough to slice a glove off of a guy's hand, mid-fight (2:30).

Unless Bucky got some kind of massive upgrade in the new Cap movie, I'm giving this one to Elric. Not like it's going to be EASY, based on what I've seen so far, but still. Majority.
    In fairness, a bit of the rock shattering is probably due to Greed's abnormal density due to his powers. But yeah, Ed is probably stronger than Bucky. Less damage soak though, which keeps the fight interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    In fairness, a bit of the rock shattering is probably due to Greed's abnormal density due to his powers.
    Just how dense is the dude? Drop a half-ton chunk of man-sized metal on concrete from about four feet up, you're not going to get it burying itself into the rock and chunks of rock the size of your fist flying up into the air.

And if he's so dense that falling four to five feet DOES cause that kind of ruin, it's a tribute to Ed's strength that he managed to flip him over like that.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Falcon View Post
    In fairness, a bit of the rock shattering is probably due to Greed's abnormal density due to his powers. But yeah, Ed is probably stronger than Bucky. Less damage soak though, which keeps the fight interesting.
    Mm, Ed's damage soak is pretty respectable. Getting into a knockdown drag out with a hole in his bicep, taking beatings from Greed and the like and still fighting afterwards. Comic Bucky has more soak, methinks, but yeh know.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Just how dense is the dude? Drop a half-ton chunk of man-sized metal on concrete from about four feet up, you're not going to get it burying itself into the rock and chunks of rock the size of your fist flying up into the air.

And if he's so dense that falling four to five feet DOES cause that kind of ruin, it's a tribute to Ed's strength that he managed to flip him over like that.
    Basically, Greed alters the carbon level in his body (he's not human), boosting his durability to ridiculous levels. Ed is ridiculously strong, is the thing. Rips rebar out of concrete one handed without leverage sort of strong.

Thanks!

Durability is one thing, and that's fine. Density is another. Does it increase his mass?

No question Ed is strong - that's sort of my point. Either:

1. Greed isn't more dense, just more durable, and it's Ed's strength that's pounding him into the rock hard enough to shatter it and make fist-sized chunks fly up into the air;
    2. Greed IS more dense, a lot more dense, and it's his falling mass that's shattering that rock as depicted...in which case Ed is still ridiculously strong to be tossing him around like that.

:)
    Why are we here?