Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spectacular Member ComicBookNoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrtigr View Post
    I recently watched Batman vs. Superman. I wasn't impressed with that movie as I found it a jumbled mess. The only thing I liked about it was Ben Affleck's role as Batman/Bruce Wayne. Anyone else have similar thoughts?
    Yeah, I was a huge fan of the casting decision since they first announced and I think he lived up to the role. He definetely had the feel of a DKR Batman and I personally can't wait for Batffleck.
    Check out my blog: http://comicbuffet.blogspot.com/

Favorite DC Heroes: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Green Arrow, The Ray
    Favorite Marvel Heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man, X-23, Iron Man, Iron Heart
    Currently Reading: Robin Vol 4, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice League of America Vol 5, Champions Vol 2, Invincible Iron Man Vol 3, Frank Miller's Daredevil

Spectacular Member ComicBookNoob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I thought the movie was great and in my opinion Ben Affleck played the best Bruce Wayne that's ever been put to film (do they still use film? Whatever, you get the picture.) It's the first time they've really taken the Bruce Wayne/Batman from the comics and put him on the screen, and it feels so good. He's just this uncompromising wraith and force of nature and I like how everyone fears him and knows and understands he is not to be f*cked with. I really like his new costume in Justice League, too.

I could've done without his... murdery tendencies... but since there's practically never been a movie where Batman hasn't killed (?) I guess it's not unique to this movie. Doesn't excuse it though, I really wish they would stop having Batman kill people in the movies, it's really wrong.
    Damn that's a great point, he really never was feared in the other moives, but in BVS people were really scared and didn't want to see him. They are suppose to tone him down in JL though, he like comes to the realization that he can still do good without killing or staring people shitless
    Check out my blog: http://comicbuffet.blogspot.com/

Favorite DC Heroes: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood, Green Arrow, The Ray
    Favorite Marvel Heroes: Daredevil, Spider-man, X-23, Iron Man, Iron Heart
    Currently Reading: Robin Vol 4, Iron Man, Teen Titans, Titans, Justice League of America Vol 5, Champions Vol 2, Invincible Iron Man Vol 3, Frank Miller's Daredevil

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleGlovez View Post
    I could've done without his... murdery tendencies... but since there's practically never been a movie where Batman hasn't killed (?) I guess it's not unique to this movie. Doesn't excuse it though, I really wish they would stop having Batman kill people in the movies, it's really wrong.
    One thing I think Batman Forever actually got right was Batman realizing that killing people was making him as bad as the criminals he fights so he stops doing it and even spends the film trying to convince Robin not to kill Two-Face for revenge as it wont take his pain away and will just lead to a dark path

I wish BVS had instead had Batman not kill at all then when hes about to finish off Superman (after deciding killing him would be the only way to safeguard humanity) realizes if he does he would be as bad as Joe Chill and stops of his own violation rather than the whole "Martha" thing they ended up using

I was wary of Ben in the role when it announced, but he ended up being one of the few things I liked about the film along with Gal Gadot. At least as Bruce Wayne anyways. The Batman persona was a different kettle of fish but I don't think anyone could have made that work for me. Given better material and more influence I think he could make a solid all around caped crusader.