Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Possibly a New Robin JamesgoneBatty1992's Avatar

Default Who Loved Ben Affleck's Performance but hated Batman vs Superman?

I did,

Ben Affleck is an amazing Actor and I think he's a great choice for the role of Bruce Wayne but I just hate the way that Zack Snyder wrote him,

Bruce Wayne is far from how he was written the film,

Bruce Wayne is supposed to be a health nut while angsty while still being the light side of himself and Batman represents the dark side of himself.

and I'm very upset about the anonymous Woman that was in his bed.

that movie upset me for so many reasons.

He was fine for what the script required, but with the script being a massive piece of garbage and rendering The Dark Knight a murderous psychopath, it's hard to say I love him just yet. I'm willing to give him another chance though, because Ben is a good actor and he nails the look of Bruce Wayne and looks great in the Batsuit. Put him in a better film, I could easily see him becoming my favorite actor to portray Batman on the big screen.

Agreed. I think he was perfectly cast but that movie (as much as it pains me to say it) is just not good
    "yeah, chum, the devil you say, bunkie" - claremont

Fantastic Member Spencermalley935's Avatar

Yeah, Ben Affleck was definately the highlight in that otherwise dreary movie.

Radar Sense Bitches !! Matt Murdock's Swagger's Avatar

Wasn't a big fan of the movie but imho, Batfleck is the best looking live action Batman .

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JamesgoneBatty1992 View Post

and I'm very upset about the anonymous Woman that was in his bed.
    http://img.pandawhale.com/post-30107...T-gif-ZWRL.gif

A Jane Doe is a better name than Martha.

Extraordinary Member

*raises hand*

BANNED

Yup, awful movie, affleck nailed batman, and from what ive seen he really worked hard on it.
    sadbatman.jpg

Breaks my heart man.

The majority felt this way as did I.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

There's precedent for everything Batfleck does in this movie in the actual comics from various periods, so this take on Batman is still Batman. And yes, Affleck was excellent.

That being said, I'm glad they're moving away from this depiction going forward. It worked here, but they'd be foolish to continue it in JL or The Batman, and early reports on his appearance in SS indicate that he's going to be more in line with the more popular take.

Despite this... Batfleck was the best of this movie... The rest, does not matter..
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-10-2016 at 04:28 AM.

The Dark Knight

Most people would say that Affleck was the one shining light of the movie tbh. Watching it, all I was thinking was 'God I need a solo bats movie again'.
    Last edited by zep81; 07-10-2016 at 07:52 AM.

I really enjoyed Batfleck and I didn't hate the Movie. I liked it... just not much.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Matternativ View Post
    I really enjoyed Batfleck and I didn't hate the Movie. I liked it... just not much.
    Same. Movie had its flaws but I certainly didn't hate it either. I do agree that Ben was a terrific Batman. I was also a little bothered by how casually he was killing, but I realise for this particular we had to think he was at least capable of following through on a threat to make someone bleed. Them moving towards a less brutal Batman already has me optimistic I won't run into any more situations like that though.

All-New Member

The sequence in the warehouse, when Batman takes out about a dozen thugs, was one of the best in any Batman film. Straight out of the Arkham video game series, but nonetheless effective and a joy to watch!