Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

I loved it, but it could have been so much better. Henry Cavell looks great but is just so wooden. And the film could have done with some humour; that's what makes the Marvel films so enjoyable, the funny bits!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurferUk View Post
    I loved it, but it could have been so much better. Henry Cavell looks great but is just so wooden. And the film could have done with some humour; that's what makes the Marvel films so enjoyable, the funny bits!
    I hope we cane someday see Cavill play a more traditional Superman under a different director. He has the charisma to pull it off, it's just that the current material isn't calling for it/allowing it. Like with Batman, I appreciate the route they took, but I'm ready to go forward and push them both into their more popular iterations.

Zero complaints for Wonder Gal so far though.

Empty is thy hand!

I thought he was as mediocre as everything else in the film, quite honestly.

I wouldn't say I loved it as it wasn't a Bale-level Batman. He was still a very, very good Batman in a very, very bad Batman movie.

That's the shame of it. Cavill is a lot of fun in Man From UNCLE. It really is the story and Snyder's direction that makes everything so dumb and oppressive.

The sequence in the warehouse, when Batman takes out about a dozen thugs, was one of the best in any Batman film. Straight out of the Arkham video game series, but nonetheless effective and a joy to watch!
    Except for the fact that he killed some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Same. Movie had its flaws but I certainly didn't hate it either. I do agree that Ben was a terrific Batman. I was also a little bothered by how casually he was killing, but I realise for this particular we had to think he was at least capable of following through on a threat to make someone bleed. Them moving towards a less brutal Batman already has me optimistic I won't run into any more situations like that though.
    Each person to their own, but this is something I just don't get, either from the movie makers or from fans. Batman's a special type of neurotic where, in his mind, killing is a line that he can never come back from. Killing is what took his parents from him, and it's an abomination in his eyes. I don't care how less violent he is in further movies. The Snyderverse Batman is a killer, and that's something that he can never redeem. Otherwise, that's not really Batman. That's just a blood-thirsty nut-job in a similar costume.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rpi View Post
    Each person to their own, but this is something I just don't get, either from the movie makers or from fans. Batman's a special type of neurotic where, in his mind, killing is a line that he can never come back from. Killing is what took his parents from him, and it's an abomination in his eyes. I don't care how less violent he is in further movies. The Snyderverse Batman is a killer, and that's something that he can never redeem. Otherwise, that's not really Batman. That's just a blood-thirsty nut-job in a similar costume.
    Some versions of Batman are a special type of neurotic about killing. Most of them, in fact. But that doesn't change that his early appearances featured him being more callous with the lives of criminals, and used guns. He tossed criminals off of roofs and gunned down Hugo Strange's Monster Men. That depiction was phased out fairly quickly, but it still happened, and shouldn't be exempt from examination. Plus he still kills Ivy's plant creatures to this day.

There's also the fact that every live action Batman except Clooney (lol) was either directly or indirectly responsible for killing criminals. Frank Miller's TDKR Batman is pretty much a blood thirsty nutjob even if he doesn't go all the way in terms of killing. Making Batman a killer doesn't make him not Batman, especially as it was done with this version to emphasize how far he'd fallen and how he was going back to his more idealistic methods at the end.

Affleck's Batman was the first time we've seen a movie version of the character move and fight like his comic counterpart. In that regard, it was the best, most convincing Batman ever put on screen. I also loved, loved, loved the scene where Batman is hidden up in the corner and skitters away like something out of a horror movie.

Affleck in general blows his predecessors away, except maybe for Keaton, who has his own weird thing going on. Hope Batfleck only improves from here, and I'm really looking forward to the solo movie.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I really do hope for some chemistry between Batfleck and Leto since they used TDKR as blueprint (among other stuff). Miller's lovetunnel fight is chilling.

Of course; I think that's the majority opinion. But I can personally never forgive what they did to the character in the movie. Just another wasted opportunity.

Didn't hate the movie at all, but felt the same way about it as I did about Affleck's performance. Both were ok.

Really don't understand how someone can separate the two so distinctly, because Batman, his killing, and his desire to kill Superman for some strange unknown reason was an integral part of the plot. Affleck had a nice grim stare, I guess. Kind of like how Alfred had a nice "I'm concerned but not enough to do anything but mumble about how this is bad" kind of look all the time.

The movie didn't do any of its characters much justice.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Not me. Affleck made a worthy effort and had some good moments but never bought him as Batman. I just don't believe he is quite the right type for the role.I expected to hate the movie, and was surprised to see that I didn't. Id've prefered something sunnierbut it was no gloomfest attrocity like mos.
    Last edited by Photon Torme; 07-15-2016 at 01:29 AM.

Default Batman - Ben Affleck

I recently watched Batman vs. Superman. I wasn't impressed with that movie as I found it a jumbled mess. The only thing I liked about it was Ben Affleck's role as Batman/Bruce Wayne. Anyone else have similar thoughts?

While I didn't mind BvS as much as a lot of people I agree that Ben Affleck's Batman along with wonder woman, were the best parts of the movie.

The Justice League trailer looks interesting although I'm worried about the director ruining it too.

Incredible Member

I must be in the minority but I really didnt feel Affleck was good as Batman, he seemed to psycho IMO, some aspects were good (like the voice modulator to hide his voice) but I wasnt impressed overall with him

Hopefully I will like him more in Suicide Squad/The solo movie

Incredible Member

I thought the movie was great and in my opinion Ben Affleck played the best Bruce Wayne that's ever been put to film (do they still use film? Whatever, you get the picture.) It's the first time they've really taken the Bruce Wayne/Batman from the comics and put him on the screen, and it feels so good. He's just this uncompromising wraith and force of nature and I like how everyone fears him and knows and understands he is not to be f*cked with. I really like his new costume in Justice League, too.

I could've done without his... murdery tendencies... but since there's practically never been a movie where Batman hasn't killed (?) I guess it's not unique to this movie. Doesn't excuse it though, I really wish they would stop having Batman kill people in the movies, it's really wrong.
    Last edited by PurpleGlovez; 07-26-2016 at 08:57 AM.