Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge: Marvel NOW! Gets Young & Hungry with "Champions" and the New "Iron Man"

Axel Alonso shares insight on new Marvel NOW! series including the young heroes of "Champions" and "Invincible Iron Man," which puts Riri Williams inside the armor.

Full article here.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah, sorry to disappoint you Axel and Jason but you're not going to convince me to stop calling them Lady Thor and Thor Odinson. Thor's still his name, far as I'm concerned.

BANNED

insight? you mean barely tell us anything except a generic description of each book

Mighty Member

Why is Greg Land drawing Uncanny X-Men again? I am not a fan. Oh, and most dinosaurs had feathers!!!

feathery_dino1.jpg
    Last edited by solletaire; 07-08-2016 at 02:49 PM.

BANNED

anyone else disappointed that Champions And Invincible Iron-Man got a couple questions asked about them but GLA got one note and that's it...

they've never had an ongoing book before and given their status as obscure losers You'd think there would be more to say

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    anyone else disappointed that Champions And Invincible Iron-Man got a couple questions asked about them but GLA got one note and that's it...

they've never had an ongoing book before and given their status as obscure losers You'd think there would be more to say
    When GLA has plenty of SJW controversy to juice about, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yeah, sorry to disappoint you Axel and Jason but you're not going to convince me to stop calling them Lady Thor and Thor Odinson. Thor's still his name, far as I'm concerned.
    Jane Thor is more appropriate unless you do that only out of hate

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Jane Thor is more appropriate unless you do that only out of hate
    She's a Lady and Lady isn't an insulting title far as I can tell. Jane Thor is fine though, but Lady Thor comes better off the tongue for me.

Mighty Member

It's actually funny how much more confused I am due to those Moon Knight pages.

Incredible Member Chimeratengun's Avatar

No Robbie Reyes(Ghost Rider/Racer) in Champions, I think I'll pass thanks.

Give me some Elektra info, plz

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    She's a Lady and Lady isn't an insulting title far as I can tell. Jane Thor is fine though, but Lady Thor comes better off the tongue for me.
    The thing is that she's supposed to be the main Thor for now instead of just a female counterpart like She-Hulk or Supergirl. I wouldn't have a problem with her actually staying as a hero with another codename, but that seems to be one of those things people use because they refuse to accept the current role/identity.

I can't say I care one lick about whatever new publicity Marvel is trying to drum up, but DAT MOON KNIGHT PREVIEW ART. Stokoe, Torres, Francaville assisting Smallwood on art looks mega awesome.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The thing is that she's supposed to be the main Thor for now instead of just a female counterpart like She-Hulk or Supergirl. I wouldn't have a problem with her actually staying as a hero with another codename, but that seems to be one of those things people use because they refuse to accept the current role/identity.
    It's not in my case, I like her for the most part, but I can't call her just Thor. And as I said Lady Thor isn't meant to be insulting, it just differentiates her from the other guy and doesn't register the stupidity of giving your actual name up to somebody because they've taken your place somewhat.

Amazing Member

That was a pretty terrible interview, with big claims like Thor ( Jane) has always out sold Thor when he was he title character. Well not really if you factor in other runs and the fact he got no main stream attention unlike the Jane version. Also if you look the sales have pretty much gone back to what they where and that might be why they are pulling the trigger on an Odinson Thor solo. Try to milk people for 8 bucks a month to read one story.

I really hope when that preview book comes out they are holding onto some gems because as of right now my marvel pull list might be Moon Knight, Power Man and Iron Fist and Great Lakes. Which is the lowest it's been in 15 years.