Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default EXCLUSIVE: Doctor Doom is Marvel's "Infamous Iron Man," from Bendis & Maleev

Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev's latest collaboration puts Doctor Doom in the Iron Man armor, looking to succeed where Tony Stark failed.

Full article here.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I do like Maleev's cover. There... I did find one positive. I hope he doesn't wear the Iron Man armor though.

Lol of all people to write a Doom book it's Bendis

It's sad that iron man has 2 books that don't resemble an iron man book
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Lol of all people to write a Doom book it's Bendis
    Just imagine it's another Doombot.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

BANNED

He already had his hands on him years before.

However this actually feels a bit more organic even for BMB and that's not saying much and yet a surprise at the same time

So Iron Man is really kicking the bucket, huh ?.

Nope, even if Doom really wants to be a good guy now, and if the seemingly very likely theory that Victor and Tony are related(Which...eh, fine I guess...), I see no reason for Doom to become Iron Man(and if he isn't explicitly going to claim the name, then this is just a Dr. Doom book, call it that!).

Plus Marvel needs all the good villains they can get, you can't keep having the heroes kill each other every 6 months.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

If Hickman were to come back to do this it would be a slam dunk for me.

BANNED

The most narcistic man takes another man's identity...

Amazing Member

Bendis has been 0 for a life time now on anything other then Miles. Guardians, X-men, Iron Man ( other then the first arc) have been duds. So that does give me any confidence he will do a good job on this book. Get ready for cross overs galore with Marvel trying to get you to read 2 books a month involving the same mantle.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

"So Bendis, we want you to make Iron Man as relatable as he is with RDJ in the movies now, how are you gonna do it?"

"Well duh, we make Iron Man a 15 year old black girl with no previous appearances. Oh and Doctor Doom becomes Iron Man too!"

"Erm... is that awfully like Superior Spider-Man and Iron Patriot and Superior Iron Man and-"

"LALALALALALALA NOT LISTENING!"

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    "So Bendis, we want you to make Iron Man as relatable as he is with RDJ in the movies now, how are you gonna do it?"

"Well duh, we make Iron Man a 15 year old black girl with no previous appearances. Oh and Doctor Doom becomes Iron Man too!"

"Erm... is that awfully like Superior Spider-Man and Iron Patriot and Superior Iron Man and-"

"LALALALALALALA NOT LISTENING!"
    Well, given that these days, Marvel's strategy for selling comic books is causing flame wars............................

They really were serious when they said this isn't All-New All-Different Marvel.

This is All-Very-Newer All-Very-More Different Marvel.

Not sure how to feel about all these changes. I'm gonna hold my judgement till I see all the books they are gonna publish.

At least it's not the Iron Mandarin...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    Nope, even if Doom really wants to be a good guy now, and if the seemingly very likely theory that Victor and Tony are related(Which...eh, fine I guess...), I see no reason for Doom to become Iron Man(and if he isn't explicitly going to claim the name, then this is just a Dr. Doom book, call it that!).

Plus Marvel needs all the good villains they can get, you can't keep having the heroes kill each other every 6 months.
    They seem to think it works so far. When was the last event they ran that did NOT involve heroes trying to kill each other?

I'm not an opponent of legacy characters (my favorite character is since Secret Wars, in fact), but I like them to at least make sense. Doom taking on the Iron Man name? That...makes no sense.