Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bor View Post
    No that is really not the truth that is your own limited opinion. And I am going to ask you to stop saying "we". I do not share your limited and quite frankly narrow minded view so everytime you say "we" it feels like an insult. Many of us would have no problem accepting what you have a problem with. So yes the fact that you have such a problem with a different version does seem to go against your claim that people can completely understand others without problems.
    "We" as in most half of the people. i believe they would have a problem with this take on Peter in a new universe series like ultimate. it's not much of an insult.

An alternative universe Peter is supposed to have a different dynamic. Wether thats his sexuality, race, relationships or any number of other aspects.
    Him being gay in an alt universe wouldnt "ruin" anything because theres nothing to ruin. It creates opportunities for new stories and the potential to explore new dynamics for the character.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    "We" as in most half of the people. i believe they would have a problem with this take on Peter in a new universe series like ultimate. it's not much of an insult.
    1. Then you make that clear. And so what if half does not do that? There is a huge difference between half and all, not to mentoon that is only based on your opinion and not actual facts so dobt call that the "truth" when it is clerly not.

2. Yes to me it is an insult to be connected with an opinion I dont share and which in my opinion is incredible narrowminded. If you really can not connect with a character just because they are gay that is your view I dont have to agree with it. If you dont understand why it is an insult to have an opinion forced on you when you dont share it you clearly are lacking in basic polite interaction.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Flux View Post
    An alternative universe Peter is supposed to have a different dynamic. Wether thats his sexuality, race, relationships or any number of other aspects.
    Him being gay in an alt universe wouldnt "ruin" anything because theres nothing to ruin. It creates opportunities for new stories and the potential to explore new dynamics for the character.
    Exactly. Also marvelguy25 can I point out that of 4 people who have commented on this now, including you and me, everyone disagress with you so far.

BANNED

and yet his relationship towards the people he loves for a reason. changing him to be that in a new ongoing series is just pretty much not a good idea.
    Last edited by marvelguy25; 07-12-2016 at 01:34 PM.

BANNED

Exactly. Also marvelguy25 can I point out that of 4 people who have commented on this now, including you and me, everyone disagress with you so far.
    just only 4 who only don't give a crud whether characters change or not nor understand how they work for the most part.

BANNED

1. Then you make that clear. And so what if half does not do that? There is a huge difference between half and all, not to mentoon that is only based on your opinion and not actual facts so dobt call that the "truth" when it is clerly not.

2. Yes to me it is an insult to be connected with an opinion I dont share and which in my opinion is incredible narrowminded. If you really can not connect with a character just because they are gay that is your view I dont have to agree with it. If you dont understand why it is an insult to have an opinion forced on you when you dont share it you clearly are lacking in basic polite interaction.
    it's not lacking in political interactions. it's really hard to explain. by half i meant it in a generous way though most people likely wouldn't care. having Peter be gay in an ongoing series just kinda ruins the whole main everyman approach the character was going for with especially with every important relationship the character has had.

BANNED

just only 4 who only don't give a crud whether characters change or not nor understand how they work for the most part.
    You are right it is only 4 people. Still 4 more people as evidence then you have providee. But great to
    Know that you are an expect and out opinion is wrong because you said so. Great to know that we are factually wring because we have no problem with a gay charactet. Next time I will remember to have a problem with diversity like you have... Are you joking or just incable of understanding that your opinion is not actual facts? You claim to not be oposed to diversity but everytime you comment you prove otherwise.

BANNED

You are right it is only 4 people. Still 4 more people as evidence then you have providee. But great to
    Know that you are an expect and out opinion is wrong because you said so. Great to know that we are factually wring because we have no problem with a gay charactet. Next time I will remember to have a problem with diversity like you have... Are you joking or just incable of understanding that your opinion is not actual facts? You claim to not be oposed to diversity but everytime you comment you prove otherwise.
    like i said. i'm not about to diversity but changing a character or certain types of characters like i've mentioned isn't a good idea. like it's a great idea to make the Thing African American to deepen the theme of Family for the Fantastic Four but not a good idea to make Peter fully gay as it kinda destroys the whole main everyman approach and the character has had so many important relationships with other female characters. same with characters like Scott Summers, Logan, and Bruce Banner.

BANNED

like i said. i'm not about to diversity but changing a character or certain types of characters like i've mentioned isn't a good idea. like it's a great idea to make the Thing African American to deepen the theme of Family for the Fantastic Four but not a good idea to make Peter fully gay as it kinda destroys the whole main everyman approach and the character has had so many important relationships with other female characters. same with characters like Scott Summers, Logan, and Bruce Banner.
    If you cant relate to a gay character that is your bias not mine. A gay character can be an everyday man even if you are to scared to accept that. An alternative version being gay does not destroy the character in any way shape or form for many of us. I have a lor easier time relating to a gay person then one with super powes. If you do not feel the same way that is fine, but try atleast to understand that others can have a different view point then yours and not actually be factually wrong. Espescially when you have no evidence to support your claim, mainly because it actually does not exist. But please go on being scared of others sexuality if you want to.

And how would having a gay alternative universe Peter change that? He'd have new relationships. It wouldnt effect 616 Peter and the decades of stories with that character. This hypothetical new Peter would work because it subverts the preconcieved notions of the characters relationships whilst keeping the core characterisation.

Hell, even if 616 Peter was revealed as gay (which im not advicating) it wouldnt throw out everything that happened. It would just take things in a new direction.

Peter isnt an everyman because he's straight. He's an everyman because he was an underdog who felt out of place with his peers and after many set backs and personal tragedy was able to build himself up to become someone stronger.
    His sexuality is irrelevant.

...am I the only one who is somewhat uncomfortable with the term "fully gay"?

I realise sexuality is a spectrum. But the way that term is getting thrown around here doesn't sit right with me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    ...am I the only one who is somewhat uncomfortable with the term "fully gay"?

I realise sexuality is a spectrum. But the way that term is getting thrown around here doesn't sit right with me.
    well it's a way to describe a specific trait specially in a sentence. saying gay does bring some misinformation as a dismissal to not describe bisexuality or pansexuality specifically.

BANNED

And how would having a gay alternative universe Peter change that? He'd have new relationships. It wouldnt effect 616 Peter and the decades of stories with that character. This hypothetical new Peter would work because it subverts the preconcieved notions of the characters relationships whilst keeping the core characterisation.

Hell, even if 616 Peter was revealed as gay (which im not advicating) it wouldnt throw out everything that happened. It would just take things in a new direction.

Peter isnt an everyman because he's straight. He's an everyman because he was an underdog who felt out of place with his peers and after many set backs and personal tragedy was able to build himself up to become someone stronger.
    His sexuality is irrelevant.
    well it's not just the underdog but it's also his sexuality that pretty much fits his main everyman status. especially with all the important relationships he's had over the years. him being Bisexual or pansexual would do but him being, and i know this word is uncomfortable to you guys but i had to be specific about it, fully gay doesn't sit right.

BANNED

If you cant relate to a gay character that is your bias not mine. A gay character can be an everyday man even if you are to scared to accept that. An alternative version being gay does not destroy the character in any way shape or form for many of us. I have a lor easier time relating to a gay person then one with super powes. If you do not feel the same way that is fine, but try atleast to understand that others can have a different view point then yours and not actually be factually wrong. Espescially when you have no evidence to support your claim, mainly because it actually does not exist. But please go on being scared of others sexuality if you want to.
    i'm saying that it's not really a good idea to make peter gay like it's not much of a good idea to make the Thing gay or Scott Summers gay or even Logan gay. have Ben Reily gay or make Peter bisexual. him being fully gay doesn't seem like a really good idea.