Default "Aeternus Malum": Crime Syndicate Appreciation Thread

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

The Crime Syndicate, and Earth-3, are one of those perennial comic book concepts. Ever since they were introduced, they've never really gone away. Their Earth has been destroyed, renumbered, changed to an anti-matter reality rather than a part of the Multiverse, and still they endure.

They've had a movie, and they've had comics, even being the headlining threat of the Forever Evil event. They might be dead right now, but that's never stopped them before.

Call it Earth-2 or Earth-3 or an Anti-matter Universe; call it America, or Amerika. This is a thread to discuss, post pictures, and appreciate that twisted mirror of the DC Universe, and everyone who lives within it.
    Last edited by Quiver; 07-09-2016 at 10:47 AM.

Owlman is my favorite..

I do not know the old versions of the Syndicate, only the N52 Syndicate and the Syndicate of the movie Crisis in 2 Earths.. But I think Ultraman has always been muscle and little intelligence..

In N52 they were criticized, this villains are vicious people...
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-09-2016 at 10:57 AM.

I've always been partial to the version from Morrison's JLA: Earth 2. Now that the New52 Earth 3 CSA has been well and truly obliterated, I look forward to the return of the Antimatter Universe's version.

Heck, if it were me I'd expand on that notion and reveal that there's an entire Antimatter Multiverse, complete with an Anti-Earth 3 that was protected by its Justice League until the Prime Anti-Earth's Crime Syndicate murdered them. Maintain the symmetry throughout: for instance, Anti-Earth 5 would be home to an evil variant of Captain Marvel (not Mazahs; though I'd be fine with that being this guy's power word) while Anti-Earth 4 would feature evil counterparts to the Pax Americana, and Anti-Earth 10 would feature a struggle between Germany's heroes and occupying forces from Amerika. And so on.

And, much as Prime Earth is the keystone of the “Matter Multiverse”, putting the Justice League in a position of special importance throughout the Multiverse, so too would Prime Anti-Earth's Crime Syndicate be in a position of dominance with respect to the Anti-Multiverse.
    Rogue wears rouge.
    Angel knows all the angles.

Since the new 52 crime syndicate seems quite dead, hopefully, dc can update the pre coie earth 3 crime syndicate :
    http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/...20070608135237

Astonishing Member

I adore the CS.

I enjoy something in every incarnation.

BANNED

What a waste the New-52 version was, all the build up between Owlman and Dick amounted to nothing. Superwoman could have been a cool addition to the Superwoman book but nope DIE DIE.

The build up for the New52 Crime Syndicate was pretty great. The twisted morals and blessings each character had really made them fascinating. I loved the Ultraman origin, for instance, and Johnny Quick...damn. Disturbing slasher grin.great set of bad guys.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    What a waste the New-52 version was, all the build up between Owlman and Dick amounted to nothing. Superwoman could have been a cool addition to the Superwoman book but nope DIE DIE.
    Yeah, Owlman should have been an interesting foe for Nightwing. I wonder why that subplot was not followed up.

I also wonder why we didn't get Superwoman's origin like we were promised.

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    The build up for the New52 Crime Syndicate was pretty great. The twisted morals and blessings each character had really made them fascinating. I loved the Ultraman origin, for instance, and Johnny Quick...damn. Disturbing slasher grin.great set of bad guys.
    I think Atomica was the best addition of this CS. Deathstorm worked in Blackest Night...not so much here.

I would have preferred more development with Sea King or their 'martian manhunter' than Grid.

Astonishing Member

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Yeah, Owlman should have been an interesting foe for Nightwing. I wonder why that subplot was not followed up.

I also wonder why we didn't get Superwoman's origin like we were promised.

I think Atomica was the best addition of this CS. Deathstorm worked in Blackest Night...not so much here.

I would have preferred more development with Sea King or their 'martian manhunter' than Grid.
    Johns has a terrible attention span that's why and speaking of Grid, Johns just gave him the same story he's been forcing on Vic for the last 5 years, the robot wants to be human lol.

Grid probably could have been handled better, though I liked his ending...Hopefully he could come back sometime.

Atomica was awesome though, a great and unexpected addition to the team. Her activating Grid was agreed moment.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    Beautiful.

I love the Crime Syndicate concept too. An Earth 3 title would work and I'd read it. I'd love to see heroic versions of villains resisting the Crime Syndicate and their allies. (I'd use the most recent version of the Crime Syndicate from Justice League, but also have their followers set up similarly to the animated film. The twists and turns and backstabbing would be delightful.)

The only thing I'd like more of is their origins - that's why I think a series set on Earth 3 is the route to go. (Rebirth it already!) I mean, we know next to nothing about Superwoman and her Amazons or Atomica. It'd add a richness to their characters to see their twisted origin.

More CSA please!