Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    There's one thing that always bothered me about the cat save. After Superman gives the girl her cat, she runs inside and tells her mom about Superman. The abusive mom flips out and you hear her slap her daughter. Sooo....Superman didn't hear this? Dude has super hearing, yet we never see him fly back and tell the mom to knock it off.
    LOL, Wait? There is nothing wrong with a parent disciplining their children. She was telling lies before in the past since she said what have I told you about stop telling lies. The one time she tells the truth it is the most outragous thing you could think of. A Man who could fly and saved the Cat.

It's a very funny scene,

Quote Originally Posted by kimchimafia View Post
    StM was pretty weird for me at first. I liked it as a kid, loved the Reeve and the score but didn't remember much else. I think I liked the second one better back then.

After that though, I didn't care for StM until recently. Now I freakin' love it and honestly one of my favorite movies of all time.

7:29 onwards

Always liked it how Reeveman took the time to calm the people down around him before he "super-drilled" into the ground.
    Love the movie myself and it's my favorite out all the Superman films.
    Like what you said about Reevman here in your post.
    And thanks so much posting about posting the deleted scenes video from the film.

Quote Originally Posted by lexrules View Post
    lol, wait? There is nothing wrong with a parent disciplining their children. She was telling lies before in the past since she said what have i told you about stop telling lies. The one time she tells the truth it is the most outragous thing you could think of. A man who could fly and saved the cat.

It's a very funny scene,
    child abuse is not funny
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    child abuse is not funny
    Oh God. It's not Child Abuse to give your child a spanking when it is needed. Just let the child run wild after repeating telling them not to do something is the very WRONG thing to do. It's called discipline, I know if I got out of line I had a spanking waiting for me when I was a child. Made me into a better person and to understand and respect authority.

I thank my parent for caring enough to right me when I was doing something wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    Oh God. It's not Child Abuse to give your child a spanking when it is needed. Just let the child run wild after repeating telling them not to do something is the very WRONG thing to do. It's called discipline, I know if I got out of line I had a spanking waiting for me when I was a child. Made me into a better person and to understand and respect authority.

I thank my parent for caring enough to right me when I was doing something wrong.
    It broke your soul and now you follow orders like a little tin soldier.

I'm kinding lol. I was a kid when I first watched the movie and I didn't find it funny at all that the girl got hit by her mother.
    Last edited by Francisco; 06-30-2014 at 12:24 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco View Post
    It broke your soul and now you follow orders like a little tin soldier.
    LOL......

Quote Originally Posted by Lexrules View Post
    LOL, Wait? There is nothing wrong with a parent disciplining their children. She was telling lies before in the past since she said what have I told you about stop telling lies. The one time she tells the truth it is the most outragous thing you could think of. A Man who could fly and saved the Cat.

It's a very funny scene,
    I'll just say that I disagree with you there.

Even if the scene was intended to be straight up comedy, or cheeky satire, pointing out that it's better to sometimes believe your child, or listen to them, I don't laugh at it.

Or, the juxtaposition of such a good deed, wherein a girls' cat is rescued from a tree, and then that very girl is hurt, not rescued, by her Mother.

Though, if you find it funny, that does sadden me, for my own reasons, but you feel whatever way you feel, about discipline: fine. The scene: fine.

But, I don't find her getting hurt, especially unjustifiably, pleasant, or funny, especially in a Superman film.

That's all I'll say.

BANNED

It saddeneds me to see how overly sensitive people are these days.

Perhaps in the future, The Dark Knight will be frowned upon as pretentious and absurd, and the absolute wrong way to make a comic book superhero movie.
    Oh good. I'll be ahead of the game then.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Conway View Post
    Just watched it again, and it reminded me that out of all of my issues with MOS the biggest disappointment was the lack of John Williams' score. No matter how great Gene Hackman and Ned Beatty are that score outshines them all. Sure the rest of it is so cheesy that my DVD attracts mice but that music makes up for it.
    Nothing wrong with a little cheese (or even a lot of it, really). People have become so cheese-averse during the past twenty-five or so years that it's taken much of the fun out of entertainment. I don't understand the reason that society has become so devoted to depressing "realism" during the past generation or so; I think it's sucked much of the entertainment value out of entertainment, where audiences *cannot* escape the bleakness of reality in entertainment (which defeats the purpose of entertainment and diversion in the first place).

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

I don't find Superman: The Movie at all cheesy but that's probably because it was the first film my Dad took me to in early 1979. I absolutely love it. Christopher Reeve gives what for me is still the consummate superhero acting performance of all (with respect to Hugh Jackman and Robert Downey Jnr). The ability to appreciate this film depends on your age I think.

The special effects are dated today obviously but were pioneering then. Gene Hackman, the soundtrack, the depiction of Krypton (as good as the Star Wars planets the year before), Pa Kents funeral scene, Lex Luthor deciding to give Otis a pasting because his arm isn't long enough - superb film.

Does everything need to be as dark as the Nolan trilogy?

Superman IV: The Quest For Peace on the other hand.....

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I love the effects because they are practical effects. Plus Krypton, Smallville, and Metropolis, it's like three movies. Still great, and to me Chris Reeve created a version of Superman that was new but still very true. Much more gentle than i had imagined Superman before. Bronze, Silver, and Golden, they were much more macho.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Finally found a full body images of all film actors. Reeve's suit is classic. Routh's too dark a hue with it's red and blue. Cavil is a nice update with the textures added to the suit.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    . . . Routh's too dark a hue with it's red and blue. Cavil is a nice update with the textures added to the suit.
    Just going by those pix, the Routh suit looks positively bright compared with the grunged up Cavill costume.

I feel sorry for the red 'S' in all these versions--they always circumcise his bubble end.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Just going by those pix, the Routh suit looks positively bright compared with the grunged up Cavill costume.

I feel sorry for the red 'S' in all these versions--they always circumcise his bubble end.
    Upon rewatching the flying scenes in SR, I noticed that it's not the suit that is dark. It's the filter Singer used to shoot the scenes. Compare the above picture of Routh, with these.

The Returns' suit actually is a bright colored suit. Click this link to magnify the above image. You will be able to see all the little \S/'s that were added to provide texture to the suit. Unfortunately they were not discernible on screen.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...eturns_027.jpg

The MOS suit is a light blue suit. I guess Snyder didn't use to much of a filter with his Superman in costume scenes. The eye can discern the textures of the suit easier that they can the SR's suit.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 07-07-2014 at 08:27 PM.