Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP ANAD Titles

Default RIP ANAD Titles

All-New, All-Different has only been with us since January but a lot of titles have bit the dust already. Here is the full list (by my count). What titles do you miss most? Do you think some of these should have been given a longer shot? I personally am going to miss Nighthawk. This of course is all assuming that some of these titles are not just skipping October.

MISSING FROM OCTOBER or CANCELED:
    A-Force
    Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D
    All-New Inhumans
    All-New Wolverine
    All-New X-Men
    Astonishing Ant-Man
    Carnage
    Contest of Champions
    Drax
    Extraordinary X-Men
    Guardians of Infinity
    Hyperion
    International Iron Man
    Karnak
    Mockingbird
    Nighthawk
    Old Man Logan
    Scarlet Witch
    Spider-Man/Deadpool
    Spidey
    Uncanny X-Men
    The Vision
    Web Warriors
    X-Men '92
    Angela: Queen of Hel
    Black Knight
    Hercules
    Howard the Duck
    Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D
    Illuminati
    Red Wolf
    Starbrand and Nightmask
    Weirdworld

REPLACED:
    All-New, All-Different Avengers (replaced by Champions and Avengers)
    The Amazing Spider-Man (replaced by The Clone Conspiracy)
    Captain Marvel (renumbered)
    All-New Hawkeye (replaced by Hawkeye)
    Invincible Iron Man (renumbered)
    New Avengers (replaced by U.S.Avengers)
    Nova (renumbered)
    Rocket Raccoon and Groot (replaced by Rocket Raccoon)
    Ultimates (replaced by Ultimates2)
    Venom: Spaceknight (replaced by Venom)
    Star-Lord (renumbered)
    Last edited by Hawk_Guy; 07-11-2016 at 06:35 PM.
    Dept. H, Manifest Destiny, Moon Knight, Nighthawk, Power Man and Iron Fist, Strange Fruit

Well WeirdWorld, Angela, Starbrand and Nightmask, and Howling Commandos have been canceled for awhile now sadly.

All-New Inhumans last issue is #11 but James Asmus stated that the story will continue which could mean a relaunch. Howard the DUcks (and I forget what other one) is also canceled for sure.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

It's almost certainly too early to write off the X titles, given the Death of X event.

It also might be too early to write off some of those Spider-Man books, I think a clone event is that month.

Are we sure that Spider-Man and Deadpool is gone?
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    Are we sure that Spider-Man and Deadpool is gone?
    I thought it was killing it in sales, maybe Kelly is taking another break between stories?

Wait a minute, when was Extraordinary X-men canceled?
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Spider-Man/Deadpool very well might be continuing, but it's just missing from the October previews. It does seem odd that they would cancel this especially when they are pushing Deadpool everywhere else.

Good point about the spidey titles and x-titles possibly being on hiatus considering the events in each of their worlds. However it's unlike Marvel to choose to publish fewer titles just because of an event. They usually do the opposite if anything.
    Dept. H, Manifest Destiny, Moon Knight, Nighthawk, Power Man and Iron Fist, Strange Fruit

I've also edited the original post to say "missing from October/canceled" b/c obvs. I have no conclusive news on if the missing titles really are canceled.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Wait a minute, when was Extraordinary X-men canceled?
    At least, replaced by Death of X, along with Uncanny and All New X-men and both Wolverines.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Lightbulb

I think RIP is abit Much, but I get the emotion.

I think Marvel is trying TO HARD to make headlines and as soon as they get ONE Event going they want to start a New One. We just got into Civil War II and now they announce Marvel NEW NOW Before the events of that are even threw yet. This happen with Secret Wars 2015 and at the start they where already on ANAD, they have a serious Greedy Lime-light Problem LOL!

But I am NOT Looking at it as an RIP, I am looking at it as an era of some Increible Titles that gave me New Faith in Marvel! These Titles like VISION, SCARLET WITCH, ALL-NEW INHUMANS, UNCANNY INHUMANS, KARNAK, WEB WARRIORS, ULTIMATES, OLD MAN LOGAN, GUARDIANS OF INFINITY and I am sure I am leaving out ohters that I thought where the Clem of La-Clem!

Honestly I have stated for A LONGTIME NOW, QUALITY will Outlast QUANTITY, Hype-Trains, Cancellations or Comic Book Politics!

What we SHOULD Care about is the QUALITY of Each of these books and in 10 years how much of an impact they had in the QUALITY they gave us and that we share with others!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Now that I'm much more aware of Marvel's MO compared to when I started near the tail-end of the first Marvel NOW, I'm also puzzled by the way they keep doing events and starting up new titles like crazy. But at the same time I'm excited for what new titles there will be, and the continuation of the ones I will be reading.

I know critically, there are many things to lambast and critique about, but I can't help it, I'm just excited.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    At least, replaced by Death of X, along with Uncanny and All New X-men and both Wolverines.
    You know after reading the X-books thread about this, i would like to say that the checklist of Marvel Now books wasn't the October solicitations, it was a checklist of books involved with Marvel Now, odds are the X-men books are still going to be around come October.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Can you grab the recent online sale list, and highlight these supposedly cancelled books from the list?
    I know Marvel claimed those sale number is highly inaccurate, but it would be fun to see, especially Captain M and others used to post those number for discussion.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Spectacular Member

Here's my rundown from one of the NOW threads on what is likely to stick around for a little bit:
    So what's missing off of the NOW! list?

Amazing Spider-Man 19-23 (Announced alongside Dead No More/The Clone Conspiracy title change. Although they could decide not to do these issues.)
    All-New Wolverine (Scheduled through 17 in TPB)
    Old Man Logan (Scheduled through 13 in TPB)
    Extraordinary X-Men (Scheduled through 16 in TPB)
    All-New X-Men (Scheduled through 16 in TPB)
    X-Men '92 (Vol. 1 only goes through 5 and it's solicited through 7. TPB contents could change)
    Astonishing Ant-Man (Scheduled through 13 in TPB. 12 is solicited as the beginning of his trial, so it'll be a short one if it ends in 2 issues)
    Mockingbird (Vol. 1 only goes through 5 and it's solicted through 7. The TPB contents may change though)
    Carnage (Vol. 2 only goes through 11 and it's solicited through 12. TPB contents could change)
    Spidey (Scheduled through 12 in TPB)
    Spider-Man Deadpool (Scheduled through 12 in TPB, I'd be surprised if they cancelled this after all the sellouts and printings)

Also Invincible Iron Man looks to be sticking around through 16, ANAD Avengers through 15, Ultimates through 12, Captain Marvel through 10, A-Force through 10, AoS through 10, Venom Space Knight through 13, Vision through 12. Did I miss anything?

Gonna miss Ant-Man. First Superior Foes of Spidey, now another great Spencer book comes to an end.

Well, hopefully not the last we've seen of Scott Lang/Ant-Man.