I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Default Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #22: preview and discusion (SPOILERS!) Finale :(

http://www.comicosity.com/exclusive-...ds-of-prey-22/

Here we go - final issue of this run. It hasn't been the best run of Birds of Prey, but I've enjoyed it way more than the n52 run, and will miss it.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Okay so... that blurb saying events of this book take place before Batman #41 and Damage #4 mean Ivy and Selina worked as Birds BEFORE the "Everybody Loves Ivy" storyline took place? So... how far in the past is this book supposed to be? In Batman #41-43, it didn't really seem like Pam and Selina teamed-up just a month previously and were referring to each other as "Cat" and "Ivycakes".
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 05-07-2018 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Okay so... that blurb saying events of this book take place before Batman #41 and Damage #4 mean Ivy and Selina worked as Birds BEFORE the "Everybody Loves Ivy" storyline took place? So... how far in the past is this book supposed to be? In Batman #41-43, it didn't really seem like Pam and Selina teamed-up just a month previously and were referring to each other as "Cat" and "Ivycakes".
    Well, the really funny thing is that they recently said that the Birds of Prey run has been going for two years in-universe. Which is manifestly not true of the Batman run. So...COMICS!
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Extraordinary Member

poor Helena back into limbo you go

I still suggest Stephanie and cass take the BOP they can do mission with guest stars like harper, tim, riko, damian, babs Dinah

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    poor Helena back into limbo you go

I still suggest Stephanie and cass take the BOP they can do mission with guest stars like harper, tim, riko, damian, babs Dinah
    Helena's not in limbo quite yet - she's in Hellblazer for the next few months. Then...yup, probably.

It was pretty clear the Fletcher was setting up Steph and Harper as potential younger members of the Birds in Batgirl #51-52. Still confused that they didn't go with that.

Also, RIKO! I mean, I know we saw her again in Batman and the Signal, but she didn't feel very in character, and we didn't get a sense of where her family was.

BoP has lost its mojo after we lost Babsoracle. Hopefully the movie comes out soon (like early 2020) and re-energizes the brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    BoP has lost its mojo after we lost Babsoracle. Hopefully the movie comes out soon (like early 2020) and re-energizes the brand.
    I agree. Though to be fair, even Simone's second run, and Bedard's conclusion to the first run, were much inferior to the Dixon and first Simone runs. I kind of wish DC had let the Birds continue to be a thing, but not forced inferior ongoings.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I agree. Though to be fair, even Simone's second run, and Bedard's conclusion to the first run, were much inferior to the Dixon and first Simone runs. I kind of wish DC had let the Birds continue to be a thing, but not forced inferior ongoings.
    Agreed, there was so much there that made it unique at the time. Now it feels a bit shallow. I will miss them. I hope that someone takes up Helena and they don't side line her for a possible Helena Wanye to come out of this Batcat thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Agreed, there was so much there that made it unique at the time. Now it feels a bit shallow. I will miss them. I hope that someone takes up Helena and they don't side line her for a possible Helena Wanye to come out of this Batcat thing.
    Completely agree!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Completely agree!
    I really hope Helena Wayne doesn't come back as well.