Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I think the level of fear that Batman inspires, depends on which specific incarnation we're talking about. If you're talking about mainstream Bats, then I think most other heroes and innocent civilians wouldn't fear him. However, if you're talking about a version like Miller Bats, then I'd argue he has just as much of a terrifying reputation as Joker.
    Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 12-06-2017 at 05:51 AM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

On one hand, Joker is thoroughly unpredictable and a devout killer, so he inspires much fear.

On the other hand, if you're a criminal, Joker may not be interested in you, but Batman or his crew almost certainly is, and as RIP told us.."the black glove [Batman's fist] always wins."
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

These days, the one that inspires the most fear is . . . Zack Snyder!

Joker Batman has no leverage the criminals are aware he doesn't kill. Joker even makes that very clear in the Batman Ninja trailer

Mighty Member

Does The Joker scare himself sometimes?

All-New Member

Definitely the Joker.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Joker Batman has no leverage the criminals are aware he doesn't kill. Joker even makes that very clear in the Batman Ninja trailer
    There is a big difference between believing that Batman doesn't kill in a general sense, and still believing it when a maniac dressed like fetish Dracula has just giving you the beating of your life and is dangling you by your ankle from the rooftop of some building, inquiring about Two-Face's hideout.

BANNED

The Joker. His insanity knows no bounds. A cold blooded killer and a very dangerous sociopath.

Astonishing Member

Black Adam.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

This is a great question. I guess it depends on your point of view, as do so many things. If you are a criminal I'd say, Batman. If you are an average citizen I would go with, Joker.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Black Adam.
    A pissed of Black Adam is scary...
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

If we're talking between these two then Joker in regard to how he's a danger to both civilians and other criminals. Batman scares the hell out of those that do wrong and, much like a good Boggie man he is a useful story to keep people on the straight and narrow in Gotham.

However, if we have to pick someone who's far more terrifying then both? And not like Darksied level of power, I would say, Hugo Strange, the Scarecrow and Victor Zsasz. Scarecrow because when Crane is at his worst and most crazy he is more then willing to gas the whole city and screw up everyone and everything with his fear toxin and that stuff does not wear off.

Victor is a man on a mission. He believes he's been spoken to and thinks that by killing others he's saving them from a pointless existence. Some versions have it where he thinks he's on a mission from God I think, but there is no reasoning with him. You can, potentially, reason with the Joker in some way, Zsasz, nope.

The one that really scares me though is Hugo Strange, because while he's crazy he's the sort of crazy that matches him with Norman Osborn. He's a man that can easily worm his way into a high ranking office and cause massive destruction by just using the right words to get others to do what he needs them too. He doesn't care who he screws up, and there's logic to his insanity in most cases. He's terrifying!