View Poll Results: Who are you more interested in now, Mary Jane or Spider-Man?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mary Jane

10 50.00%
  • Spider-Man/Peter Parker

10 50.00%

Default Poll: Who are you more interested in now, Mary Jane or Spider-Man?

This poll is slightly different to the "Who is more popular?" instead it asks "Who are you more interested in?

Me, same as the other poll, I really have no interest in what's happening with Peter and his so called company, I'd rather read what happening with Mary Jane.

For instance I would definitely buy a Mary Jane ongoing series instead of ASM.

Thanks for the suggestion Confuzzled
    Last edited by Animehunter; 07-10-2016 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Animehunter View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion Confuzzled
    No sweat.

I voted MJ due to a combination of not caring for Peter's current status quo and also because it's very fun and refreshing to allow MJ out of the Spider-Pen and explore other corners of the Marvel Universe.

BANNED

I voted MJ but honestly I'm uninterested in all of the post-OMD versions of all the characters since they are all OOC

I voted for Peter, but I think that's mainly due to him being the continuing main protagonist of his title. I haven't really appreciated how MJ has been portrayed overall in the recent Power Play arc, but I do really like what was done with her in the final issue (#15). That issue serves as a great reminder of how awesome MJ can be when written correctly and in-character, at least in my opinion.
    “Marvel Fan Rave Podcast” on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, and more.

Spectacular Member

I voted for Mary Jane.

But it really depends on which version of Peter Parker. I have zero interest in the Christos Gage/Dan Slott-ered Lego minifig. He's inconsistent, juvenile, boorish and boring.

Really looking forward to Gerry Conway's version in Renew Your Vows, however.

Peter by a hair, even though, in my opinion, those in charge of Marvel seem hell bent on stripping him of everything that makes him an icon character.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Right now? MJ I guess. Mostly because I don't care at all for Peter Starker. And despite all of his faults, I do think Bendis is a better writer than Slott is. However, now that Conway is coming back. I can't wait to read his interpretation of Peter Parker as a father and a husband and Mary Jane as a mother and a wife. Plus, Spiral was a breath of fresh air when it came out. It'll be nice to have a break from Dan Slott's "Peter Parker" again.

But Overall? Peter Parker/Spider-man. The dude is my favorite Marvel character. He'll always win. But MJ is a close second. Since she's my favorite female character.