Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Bronze Tiger is cool
    DC should either bring back the Outsiders and put him on the team or sub Katana out of the suicide squad and put Ben in

Interesting how Arrow seems to have colored the interpretations of Bronze Tiger currently when I think it wasn't that good of a portrayal to begin with.
    The claws as a weapon
    The suit
    No Tiger mask

it just all doesn't pop but then the new 52 turned him into a tiger man and then they sort of retconned that but kept him as a member of the LOA

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Interesting how Arrow seems to have colored the interpretations of Bronze Tiger currently when I think it wasn't that good of a portrayal to begin with.
    The claws as a weapon
    The suit
    No Tiger mask
    Not to mention he was kind of a one-note villain.

I think everyone can agree Arrow's portrayal of him was awful, which is ironic since Michael Jai White is spot on casting for Ben Turner.

But they turned him into a generic villain with no depth or likeable qualities, in the Task Force X episode I'm pretty sure he has like 3 lines of dialogue the entire episode.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Adam View Post
    But they turned him into a generic villain with no depth or likeable qualities, in the Task Force X episode I'm pretty sure he has like 3 lines of dialogue the entire episode.
    At least he survived longer then Shrapnel .

(Although then they killed him off in the tie-in comic...)

BANNED

Seeing panels from Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter makes it look like such a fun and ridiculous book. Any fans of it here?

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Seeing panels from Richard Dragon, Kung Fu Fighter makes it look like such a fun and ridiculous book. Any fans of it here?
    I like Richard Dragon! I didn't read his old series with Ben though, only the 2005 which was his latest one I think.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I like Richard Dragon! I didn't read his old series with Ben though, only the 2005 which was his latest one I think.
    Yeah, the older one is what I'm talking about. Dragon, Ben and Shiva seem like they had a really great dynamic.

so done.jpg

Ben just looks so done with them here.

Jack Kirby drew an issue of Richard Dragon. One in which Ben Turner appeared. so there are images of Bronze Tiger drawn by Kirby. pretty cool.

SS: Hell to Pay is getting good reviews from what I saw and I'm reading/hearing that Bronze Tiger was good in the film which is all I wanted.

Mighty Member

A lot of people didn't like the claws or were tiger motif. But I think they can work somehow.

-Personally i don't mind the claws. He can still be a martial artist and use a weapon from time to time.

-Weretiger thingy. I don't mind that either. In a world full of metahumans, you need some sort of advantage. (Now that i think about it, it would be cool to see some martial artists who are metas) i don't see why he can't assume his were tiger form as a last resort, depending on the type of threat he's facing. But give it some sort of drawback.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    A lot of people didn't like the claws or were tiger motif. But I think they can work somehow.

-Personally i don't mind the claws. He can still be a martial artist and use a weapon from time to time.

-Weretiger thingy. I don't mind that either. In a world full of metahumans, you need some sort of advantage. (Now that i think about it, it would be cool to see some martial artists who are metas) i don't see why he can't assume his were tiger form as a last resort, depending on the type of threat he's facing. But give it some sort of drawback.
    That's kind of what I've been thinking of as well. I guess some people are more use to him just fighting with his fist, but even batman has to use gadgets and an armored suit from time to time. Plus his were tiger form could be used to expand upon DC's fantasy aspect.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    That's kind of what I've been thinking of as well. I guess some people are more use to him just fighting with his fist, but even batman has to use gadgets and an armored suit from time to time. Plus his were tiger form could be used to expand upon DC's fantasy aspect.
    It could be a curse that was inherited from his family. He's a character with a lot of untapped potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post

I would only allow the Weretiger form if he is fighting other supers that require it. Like say he's on a mission with a team and they're going against rival supers, I wouldn't mind him only using those powers then and there.

As for the claws I see them as unnecessary since he's a weapon himself basically. If Lady Shiva and Richard aren't using weapons, I don't want him using any either.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I would only allow the Weretiger form if he is fighting other supers that require it. Like say he's on a mission with a team and they're going against rival supers, I wouldn't mind him only using those powers then and there.

As for the claws I see them as unnecessary since he's a weapon himself basically. If Lady Shiva and Richard aren't using weapons, I don't want him using any either.
    That's kind of what I mean, even Iron fist can contend with some level of strong meta humans, so at least if he has to encounter a meta well beyond the human strength the wereform can be used as one more technique in his arsenal.

I guess that's fair about the Lady Shiva but would at least wish he would use weapons when he is surrounded. Maybe he can use his environment to fight like Jackie Chan or Wei Shen from Sleeping Dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    That's kind of what I mean, even Iron fist can contend with some level of strong meta humans, so at least if he has to encounter a meta well beyond the human strength the wereform can be used as one more technique in his arsenal.

I guess that's fair about the Lady Shiva but would at least wish he would use weapons when he is surrounded. Maybe he can use his environment to fight like Jackie Chan or Wei Shen from Sleeping Dogs.
    Yep agree. So would you prefer the Weretiger to be innate power or from an item like in Brave and the Bold?