Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default The Rebirth stuff any good?

The Rebirth stuff for the new DC comicss any good or just a hyped up reboot/remake fad gimmick that wont last long?

some titles are some titles aren't.

End of the day it's just a gimmick to get you to try some stuff. The Batbooks are still the Batbooks.

The Superman line has taken a new direction with a big status quo change.

The Wonder Woman title is under new management.

People seem to be enjoying Green Arrow and Aquaman, but no big changes there.

Deathstroke and Cyborg look like they will be good titles.

And Justice League has two issues worth reading so far.

so I'd say there are a handful of issues worth checking out, but depends on you. Rebirth isn't as new reader friendly as the New 52 outside of a few titles.
    The J-man

Overwhelming i've found it pretty good, Batbooks are still doing well(and Detective is the best it's been in a decent while now), the Superman has really turned it around after languishing with the "Truth" storyline, Aquaman is still doing well, Green Arrow and Titans have both been pleasant surprises.

Fantastic Member sustainentropy's Avatar

For the most part it's been fantastic.

BANNED

Well are any of the Rebirth titles better or about the same as the debut of the 52 reboot from last year or whatever?

There still a Rebirth introduction comic book debut to get into before diving into a solo title like Superman Rebirth or whatev er?

The majority of them have been decent or better, though none have really reached the heights of something like The Omega Men. Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Nightwing, New Super-Man, Batgirl, Detective Comics, and Aquaman have all been worth reading.

Better than New52, in three ways, so far:

1. They got their "we're free from the shackles of the Comics Code" out of their system and have moved from shock (or schlock) to trying to focus on the actual stories again.

2. It's more geared towards striking a chord with a familiar DCU, rather than reinventing the wheel in the image of one person.

3. It just doesn't seem as depressing any more. It feels like a dark cloud has lifted.

However, YMMV.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

The reaction from readers (including polls on CBR) has been very positive so far. I think it's safe to say that it's off to a good start, at least.

DC's roster of writers is much deeper now than when they began the New 52, so continued success would not be surprising.

Like some said, so far it lacks the diversity of the New 52. but new books are still to come. Still, I miss some daring stories, like Dial H.
    I am reading just a few books, but I'd say Wonder Woman is the more accessible for new readers, since the first arc(s) are about her story. Batman is also pretty accessible, Titans requires a bit of previous knowledge of the characters. But I find these three tales very solid and enjoyable.
    Other than that, the same old purse-grabbing, with a crossover within bat-books next months.

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

The Rebirth books have been spectacular so far IMHO. And overall it seems the initiative will last at least a couple of years and I look forward to seeing what they do.

And on a personal note I would definitely recommend checking out Action, Aquaman, Detective, Hal Jordan & The GLC, Superman, Titans & Wonder Woman.

My only complaint is that JLA & Super-Sons have been delayed till 2017. But overall yea Rebirth has been pretty great.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

Its absolutely a fad, all events and their taglines usually are. But the first month has been a pretty good success and produced some alright stuff.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Amazing Member

Superman and Action comics have been superb , thank god after so many mediocre and bad New 52 superman runs.

Eh. Superman's been really good. Action's rubbish outside of admiring Zircher's art for the first couple issues. It doesn't hold even a slightest candle to Pak's Action run. Superman, that run is probably the best already than its had in years...the New 52 wasn't kind to that title due to the revolving door of teams. It never established a feel. Jurgens has completely lost the touch as a writer though. In a perfect world DC would finally boot Berganza and install Jurgens as editor. That'd be a much better suited role for him. His ideas are fine he just puts them to page in the most monotonous way. In four issues that story has barely progressed an inch.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-03-2016 at 06:04 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Empty is thy hand!

It'll flame out in time, just like New 52 and the first few times Marvel rebranded, before they went crazy with it. Everyone's high on hype right now, but it won't last.

What its becoming more and more evident that they can't do is get a strong syncing with the movieverse going. They can rebrand and do all the classic comic tropes they want, but it'll be a disaster if they're forced to sync with the films, whether they're calling their movement Rebirth, New 52, or whatever new names they come up with later. Marvel gets away with it because their movies are incredibly popular. DC's aren't. Suicide Squad isn't looking to buck that trend.