Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post
    retcom avengers preCicil war when Tony stark turns an complet jerk?
    Wasn't Tony always a complete jerk?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bl00dwerK View Post
    Wasn't Tony always a complete jerk?
    yeah but only in his book, he was semi decent to everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    Here's how I picture it; whatever goes down, Scott dies. But he dies the way he lived; convicned he's doing the right thing, maybe even actually doing the right thing. That's the kind of thing fans can debate over; it's not important for this story.

What is important? Is that he's dead. And he finds himself standing in the White Hot Room with Jean.

We see his expression; he isn't sad. he isn't shocked, or surprised; he's accepting. He knows that this was the end result of his path; that he was always going to die. Jean smiles at him, tell's Scott that -at last- it's time for him to rest, to put down his arms. To stop being the soldier, and spend time with the one's he loves...

And Scott hesitates. He admits to Jean the truth that's been underlying the character for years now; he doens't actually love her anymore. Yes, Scott Summers will always love Jean Grey... but she isn't the most important thing in his life. And she hasn't been for a long time.

And Jean tell's Scott she wans't talking about herself.

The White Hot Room falls away, and Scott finds himself in the middle of the X-Mansion. An X-Mansion which is full to the brim; students, and X-Men, humans and mutants. Everyone who has ever died in the cause of mutant rights, every ally, ever friend that Scott has ever known, all going about their ordinary business.

He walks down the halls, trading looks with the others around him; each one is a familiar face, each one is someone that Scott cared about. And, yes, Logan is there; Cyclops lingers at an open door, to see Wolvering sitting on a desk, lecturing a class of students.. Him and Scott exchange a glance -

"Logan."
    "Summers."

- nod respectfully, and move on, no animosity between them.

Scott wanders down the halls, finally coming to the end of the corridor; a large, oak door. He hesitates a moment - uncertainty has been mounting as he reached this point- before pushing it open. Beyond the door is a study, lined with books... and a man sitting in a chair.

Chales Xavier looks up from his book, smiles as he see's Scott. He rises to his feet -and of course, Xavier is walking- and approaches him. He lays a hand on Scott's shoulder, gently, and tell's him, "Welcome home, son."

Cyclops reaches up, pulls down his mask, and opens his eyes. No optic blasts; they're just filling with tears. He reaches out, hugs Xavier tightly.

A three row panel at the bottom of the page, of the door shutting as the two men -father and son- are reunited forever. The door shuts, an X burned into the wood. The final words:

'The Dream Never Ends'.
    This is a lovely ending, but is an ending.
    Cyclops has all the conditions to turn into the second mangneto. Or even the black adam or sinestro of this world
    Last edited by somacula; 07-11-2016 at 10:33 AM.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Hmm...Showcases what the #$%$ happened after SW. Turns out Cyclops is not in fact dead but been in hiding see as many would want that after whatever the #$%$ happened.

Secretly, him Emma, Rachel, the Stepherds, and Havok have created a covert X-Men team that executes super black op missions with the intent of stomping out problems before they happen and look for clues/evidence to undermine the Inhuman's rising influence. They are quasi-heroes. Their business stays secret by way of mind wiping and temporary reconfiguration. They've careful created a bullpen of X-Men to pull from, send them out with completely different pre-determined codenames, and personalities, 100% loyal to their cause. Once the Op is done, they are reinserted into their normal lives with no knowledge of participating. The missions are catagorized as the following: infiltration, extraction/ assassination, demolition, recon& surveillance and scorched earth. Possible members of the bullpen: Bishop, Sage, Meltdown, Gambit, Northstar, Cecelia Reyes, Blink, Warpath, Frenzy, Nightcrawler, Maddrox and Cypher.

This would be my ideal end game of it, but I find it hard to think of possible ending to a story we know nothing about, but this is definitely a result I'd like to see. Possibly have it get blown up, but not before Cyclops and co. are able to get something so overwhelmingly positive from it, its casts enough doubt that Cyclops is shown not to be as crazy as people now think he is.... but again, we don't even know what he did. If we're asking posted to make their own Death of X story... well I could do that too, I guess. But an ending without some sort of beginning and end?
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-11-2016 at 10:37 AM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    yeah but only in his book, he was semi decent to everyone else
    in the last time he was even worse in everything else

It has been horroble from civil war I

Now Tony in Civil war II is right, but now will be humbled, he defeated and replaced by a 15 year old girl

If a hero does horrible things, is forgiven everything he has done for no reason if he does something right, he loses everything

marvel logical

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post
    in the last time he was even worse in everything else

It has been horroble from civil war I

Now Tony in Civil war II is right, but now will be humbled, he defeated and replaced by a 15 year old girl

If a hero does horrible things, is forgiven everything he has done for no reason if he does something right, he loses everything

marvel logical
    Yeah my bad, I should've been more specific. Befor bendis took over and started civil war I and illuminati and that crap tony stark was a semi decent guy to everyone else, then bendis turned him into iron jerk.

Regarding Cyclops, so many people have claiming that he's a villain and that he's the worst that maybe marvel should give them what they want, a truly villanous Cyclops. Hell I'm all for it, when arya or anyone else comes saying that Cyclops is the worst I'll say "he's a villain now what were you expecting?"

[QUOTE=Bl00dwerK;2155398]How many mutants are confirmed dead, so far? /QUOTE]

Plenty or are dying from the mists or sterilized.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Hmm...Showcases what the #$%$ happened after SW. Turns out Cyclops is not in fact dead but been in hiding see as many would want that after whatever the #$%$ happened.

Secretly, him Emma, Rachel, the Stepherds, and Havok have created a covert X-Men team that executes super black op missions with the intent of stomping out problems before they happen and look for clues/evidence to undermine the Inhuman's rising influence. They are quasi-heroes. Their business stays secret by way of mind wiping and temporary reconfiguration. They've careful created a bullpen of X-Men to pull from, send them out with completely different pre-determined codenames, and personalities, 100% loyal to their cause. Once the Op is done, they are reinserted into their normal lives with no knowledge of participating. The missions are catagorized as the following: infiltration, extraction/ assassination, demolition, recon& surveillance and scorched earth. Possible members of the bullpen: Bishop, Sage, Meltdown, Gambit, Northstar, Cecelia Reyes, Blink, Warpath, Frenzy, Nightcrawler, Maddrox and Cypher.

This would be my ideal end game of it, but I find it hard to think of possible ending to a story we know nothing about, but this is definitely a result I'd like to see. Possibly have it get blown up, but not before Cyclops and co. are able to get something so overwhelmingly positive from it, its casts enough doubt that Cyclops is shown not to be as crazy as people now think he is.... but again, we don't even know what he did. If we're asking posted to make their own Death of X story... well I could do that too, I guess. But an ending without some sort of beginning and end?
    I like this idea. It would be the perfect setup for a new X-Force series, which we haven't had since Uncanny X-Force ended a couple years back. Usually when mutants are in this dire a state, the need for X-Force grows and Cyclops could definitely organize such a team. I wouldn't mind at all if this was the case after Death of X, him hiding in the shadows and fighting a war behind the scenes. It would highlight some of Cyclops' leadership skills. He's often kept his distance from X-Force in the past, but I think this would be a good time to get more active.

As much as I like this idea though, I still think it's too elaborate for Marvel's taste. There may still be an X-Force book, but it won't be led by Cyclops. Perhaps Emma Frost could lead it or at least fund it. Maybe Havok, who might still be inverted like Sabretooth, could lead it in his brother's memory. Whatever the case, I think Marvel has made their intent clear. They need Cyclops to die and they need him to be evil. That effectively ends his story while it begins the next chapter in O5 Cyclops' story. And I think that's the story Marvel wants to focus on.

Yeah my bad, I should've been more specific. Befor bendis took over and started civil war I and illuminati and that crap tony stark was a semi decent guy to everyone else, then bendis turned him into iron jerk.

Regarding Cyclops, so many people have claiming that he's a villain and that he's the worst that maybe marvel should give them what they want, a truly villanous Cyclops. Hell I'm all for it, when arya or anyone else comes saying that Cyclops is the worst I'll say "he's a villain now what were you expecting?"
    Well there is precedent. Marvel made Reed Richards a stone cold villain in the Ultimate universe. Granted, that's the Ultimate universe and that universe is now defunct, but I think it can work in the mainline comics because there's a time-displaced Cyclops to help pick up the slack. It also continues a curious trend of Marvel's to turn villains into heroes and vice versa. We've already got Sabretooth joining the X-men. We've got Dr. Doom becoming the new Iron Man. We've got Captain America revealing his allegiance to Hydra. Making Cyclops evil just seems like a continuation of an ongoing trend. Marvel goes through these kinds of trends all the time. They rise and they fade. Thanks to the presence of O5 Cyclops, this one is easy to undo before it ever gets as bad as it got in Ultimate.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post

Holy **** that is awesome

Too good to actually happen though
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Here's how I picture it; whatever goes down, Scott dies. But he dies the way he lived; convicned he's doing the right thing, maybe even actually doing the right thing. That's the kind of thing fans can debate over; it's not important for this story.

What is important? Is that he's dead. And he finds himself standing in the White Hot Room with Jean.

We see his expression; he isn't sad. he isn't shocked, or surprised; he's accepting. He knows that this was the end result of his path; that he was always going to die. Jean smiles at him, tell's Scott that -at last- it's time for him to rest, to put down his arms. To stop being the soldier, and spend time with the one's he loves...

And Scott hesitates. He admits to Jean the truth that's been underlying the character for years now; he doens't actually love her anymore. Yes, Scott Summers will always love Jean Grey... but she isn't the most important thing in his life. And she hasn't been for a long time.

The White Hot Room falls away, and Scott finds himself in the middle of the X-Mansion. An X-Mansion which is full to the brim; students, and X-Men, humans and mutants. Everyone who has ever died in the cause of mutant rights, every ally, ever friend that Scott has ever known, all going about their ordinary business.

He walks down the halls, trading looks with the others around him; each one is a familiar face, each one is someone that Scott cared about. And, yes, Logan is there; Cyclops lingers at an open door, to see Wolvering sitting on a desk, lecturing a class of students.. Him and Scott exchange a glance -

"Logan."
    "Summers."

Scott wanders down the halls, finally coming to the end of the corridor; a large, oak door. He hesitates a moment - uncertainty has been mounting as he reached this point- before pushing it open. Beyond the door is a study, lined with books... and a man sitting in a chair.

Chales Xavier looks up from his book, smiles as he see's Scott. He rises to his feet -and of course, Xavier is walking- and approaches him. He lays a hand on Scott's shoulder, gently, and tell's him, "Welcome home, son."

Cyclops reaches up, pulls down his mask, and opens his eyes. No optic blasts; they're just filling with tears. He reaches out, hugs Xavier tightly.

A three row panel at the bottom of the page, of the door shutting as the two men -father and son- are reunited forever. The door shuts, an X burned into the wood. The final words:

'The Dream Never Ends'.
    Whoa.

<chills>

Okay so I didn't want Scott to be dead but this sounds like a lovely send off if it were the case.
    Well done, Quiver.

I am now Quiver-ING.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

It seems as though there are a lot of things that Death of X can't do, because it's a retroactive story designed to fill in the blanks between SW and the current status quo.

Unless it begins the story there, and then picks up things in the present.

I would very much like to see the 05 go back in time and stop the last five years of X-Man storylines from happening. Barring that, it's revealed that the Cyclops who went insane was actually a clone. Or something.

Singer's X-Men: Apocalypse reminded me just how much I love the character, though not anything that's been done with him recently.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I would very much like to see the 05 go back in time and stop the last five years of X-Man storylines from happening. Barring that, it's revealed that the Cyclops who went insane was actually a clone. Or something.
    Or secret hydra agent LOL)

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Ha! Sure, why not? I'd buy into any explanation that absolved Cyclops of any responsibility for the last five years.

I love Marvel but I'm kind of baffled by where the X-books have been headed for a while now. Maybe I'm just afraid of change, but I'll always think of Cyclops as a heroic leader, working to fulfill Xavier's dream of a better world.

Honestly, it feels like we need that dynamic now more than ever.

"Logan."
    "Summers."

'The Dream Never Ends'.
    this would be cool
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Lol, could easily be the best explanation
    1464313078641.jpg

Cyclops has all the conditions to turn into the second mangneto. Or even the black adam or sinestro of this world

This!!!!! I could get behind that idea of Cyclops becoming a version of Sinestro 100%
    That way we can get a conflicting dynamic of three views, Xavier's-Magneto's-Cyclops' each with a separate team,
    but alas, the Death of X (who's writing it?) is nigh, i'm just hoping we get at least on x-men ongoing book (hopefully written by Bunn)