Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I just want Scott and Emma (and others who might be with him) to be NOT dead, if everyone else thinks they are, then I'd love for an explanation for it, but I don't want them to die, it's unfair to the characters. I love Emma and I've been missing her since secret wars started.
    Also poor Scoot, even if I used to find him boring, doesn't deserve all that has been happening to him since the phoenix 5. he needs to redeem himself.

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    Here's how I picture it; whatever goes down, Scott dies. But he dies the way he lived; convicned he's doing the right thing, maybe even actually doing the right thing. That's the kind of thing fans can debate over; it's not important for this story.

What is important? Is that he's dead. And he finds himself standing in the White Hot Room with Jean.

We see his expression; he isn't sad. he isn't shocked, or surprised; he's accepting. He knows that this was the end result of his path; that he was always going to die. Jean smiles at him, tell's Scott that -at last- it's time for him to rest, to put down his arms. To stop being the soldier, and spend time with the one's he loves...

And Scott hesitates. He admits to Jean the truth that's been underlying the character for years now; he doens't actually love her anymore. Yes, Scott Summers will always love Jean Grey... but she isn't the most important thing in his life. And she hasn't been for a long time.

And Jean tell's Scott she wans't talking about herself.

The White Hot Room falls away, and Scott finds himself in the middle of the X-Mansion. An X-Mansion which is full to the brim; students, and X-Men, humans and mutants. Everyone who has ever died in the cause of mutant rights, every ally, ever friend that Scott has ever known, all going about their ordinary business.

He walks down the halls, trading looks with the others around him; each one is a familiar face, each one is someone that Scott cared about. And, yes, Logan is there; Cyclops lingers at an open door, to see Wolvering sitting on a desk, lecturing a class of students.. Him and Scott exchange a glance -

"Logan."
    "Summers."

- nod respectfully, and move on, no animosity between them.

Scott wanders down the halls, finally coming to the end of the corridor; a large, oak door. He hesitates a moment - uncertainty has been mounting as he reached this point- before pushing it open. Beyond the door is a study, lined with books... and a man sitting in a chair.

Chales Xavier looks up from his book, smiles as he see's Scott. He rises to his feet -and of course, Xavier is walking- and approaches him. He lays a hand on Scott's shoulder, gently, and tell's him, "Welcome home, son."

Cyclops reaches up, pulls down his mask, and opens his eyes. No optic blasts; they're just filling with tears. He reaches out, hugs Xavier tightly.

A three row panel at the bottom of the page, of the door shutting as the two men -father and son- are reunited forever. The door shuts, an X burned into the wood. The final words:

'The Dream Never Ends'.
    I could live with that ending

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Jean Grey (the adult one) wakes up. She walks into the bathroom and finds Scott drying off after a morning shower. Jean says "I just had a horrible nightmare!"

Suddenly, we are at the beginning of the Blue & Gold team era. The character assassination of Charles Xavier, Cyclops, and Beast? The X-Men as militants instead of superheroes? The infighting between teams instead of being a family? House of M/M-Day? AvX? Civil War? One more day? Third Summers brother? Nothing but a bad dream. The whole Marvel timeline resets, and the era of deconstructing superheroes is over.

It's cheesy, and it totally rips off Dallas. Frankly, I don't care. I like my heroes to be heroic, and I like to see them fighting villains.
    hahaha. that's good tho!

My ideal ending would have Cyclops leading a covert team into New Attilan, there he finds out the truth behind the mist and the big baddie who would be the source of it all. Unfortunately he's spotted and hunted down by the whole city as he flees he is framed for the murder of some important people. Avengers along X-Men begin to arrive and are confused on what to do. As a last resort and knowing that he's a wanted man Cyclops has a telepath convince everybody that he dies in an explosion and escapes. Knowing the enemy he has to face he goes into hiding with telepaths he can trust (Emma, the Cuckoos and Rachel) and convinces Magik to join Storm's side as a spy and to spread rumors discrediting him to convince anyone else that she's no longer on his side.

Quote Originally Posted by borismortys View Post
    My ideal ending would have Cyclops leading a covert team into New Attilan, there he finds out the truth behind the mist and the big baddie who would be the source of it all. Unfortunately he's spotted and hunted down by the whole city as he flees he is framed for the murder of some important people. Avengers along X-Men begin to arrive and are confused on what to do. As a last resort and knowing that he's a wanted man Cyclops has a telepath convince everybody that he dies in an explosion and escapes. Knowing the enemy he has to face he goes into hiding with telepaths he can trust (Emma, the Cuckoos and Rachel) and convinces Magik to join Storm's side as a spy and to spread rumors discrediting him to convince anyone else that she's no longer on his side.
    This with the added covet that He and Alex are also on a side quest to rescue Katie.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    This with the added covet that He and Alex are also on a side quest to rescue Katie.
    Yes that too!

Mighty Member

I find it sad that Marvel are not only treating such a popular franchise so poorly, but also that they are treating the fans who've bought their products for years so poorly. And all because of movie rights.

For me, the X Men died with Wolverine. I cannot stand X23. And Rogue being an Avenger has spoiled her character, at least how Claremont originally conceived her.

It would serve Marvel right if they lost a lot of money with this, but I doubt it.

BANNED

motherofpearl1 :
    Not talking about individual preferences but Claremont gave a lot of reasons for Rogue to join Avengers. Especially in his later books. And if you add Carey then there was even more reasons for her to join them.
    It was Redemer who spoiled her character, while Duggan is ok

BANNED

Whatever it takes to get Cyclops away from the top of the food chain? Run it. His boring trek has hindered the books to no end. That Fraction run was a NIGHTMARE and the Bendis stuff didn't even make any sense. It was all circles..mutant revolution? When and where did it happen? Gillen did what he could but was cut off in under a year to push Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If Death of X and End of X are the next two events I actually really want the OP and Quivers ideas to happen. I just want the family aspect of the X-men back and for them to be reunited. Everything since Schism has been a cluster **** of bad ideas. IMO. I do want the originals to be merged with their current time displaced counterparts and I think the best way to have that happen is Adult Jean Grey White Phoenix mode. I do have issues with Cyclops being compared to Hitler and I really hope that Marvel does not go down that route. Like others have said I hope he dies doing something that is right but other will view as wrong from their persepective but only he and maybe one other know the whole truth to what he is doing being necessary. But he sacrifces his reputation once more for the greater good and I would love for him to not only be reunited with Jean but with Emma as well. Cyclops was right. And in the end he was never bad.

If anyone read that Gabriel Summers Phoenix one shot. I loved that panel where Jean Grey took him and everything is going to be ok now. I want that scene with her and Cyclops.
    I feel like I just blurted out a lot of words so hopefully it makes sense.

Attachment 37851
    I remember this panel. It came out of a What If issue so we can't expect it to be a recurring theme so to speak. Marvel tends to use What Ifs as sandboxes where they can make characters so laughably OOC that it's hard to take seriously. However, I found this particular story to be very well-done. I really thought it ended appropriately, having Gabriel visit Jean in the White Hot Room. The ideal ending I set forth in the OP was largely inspired by that panel. I think with Cyclops' recent connection to the Phoenix Force, it would be a fitting component of his death. The problem is that it's too fitting. Marvel rarely does anything that's overly fitting and for good reason. An ending that's too complete is an ending they can't build on. It needs to be incomplete to some degree in order to grow and evolve.

There's still a chance they could use something like this. Cyclops has shown that in extreme moments, his thoughts do drift back to Jean and the White Hot Room. One of the Avengers vs. X-men tie-ins, specifically Uncanny X-men, had him stand just outside the White Hot Room. So it's canon that he knows it exists. In Joss Whedon's Astonishing run, he had multiple visions of Jean Grey when he was on the brink of death. So there is precedent. Marvel doesn't always make use of that precedent, but it at least improves the chances beyond a fraction of a percent.

I'm still convinced that Marvel intends to make Cyclops fully evil in order to set O5 Cyclops up for redemption. I'm also convinced that he really will die. He has to in order for O5 Cyclops to biggest possible chip on his shoulder. In that moment of death though, it's possible that he'll have a moment like this, a vision of Jean and the White Hot Room. I think it would be very fitting and help make Death of X more satisfying. However, I doubt Marvel will make it too satisfying.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I remember this panel. It came out of a What If issue so we can't expect it to be a recurring theme so to speak. Marvel tends to use What Ifs as sandboxes where they can make characters so laughably OOC that it's hard to take seriously. However, I found this particular story to be very well-done. I really thought it ended appropriately, having Gabriel visit Jean in the White Hot Room. The ideal ending I set forth in the OP was largely inspired by that panel. I think with Cyclops' recent connection to the Phoenix Force, it would be a fitting component of his death. The problem is that it's too fitting. Marvel rarely does anything that's overly fitting and for good reason. An ending that's too complete is an ending they can't build on. It needs to be incomplete to some degree in order to grow and evolve.

There's still a chance they could use something like this. Cyclops has shown that in extreme moments, his thoughts do drift back to Jean and the White Hot Room. One of the Avengers vs. X-men tie-ins, specifically Uncanny X-men, had him stand just outside the White Hot Room. So it's canon that he knows it exists. In Joss Whedon's Astonishing run, he had multiple visions of Jean Grey when he was on the brink of death. So there is precedent. Marvel doesn't always make use of that precedent, but it at least improves the chances beyond a fraction of a percent.

I'm still convinced that Marvel intends to make Cyclops fully evil in order to set O5 Cyclops up for redemption. I'm also convinced that he really will die. He has to in order for O5 Cyclops to biggest possible chip on his shoulder. In that moment of death though, it's possible that he'll have a moment like this, a vision of Jean and the White Hot Room. I think it would be very fitting and help make Death of X more satisfying. However, I doubt Marvel will make it too satisfying.
    Marvel really do like to turn their heroes into b******* don't they?

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by motherofpearl1 View Post
    I find it sad that Marvel are not only treating such a popular franchise so poorly, but also that they are treating the fans who've bought their products for years so poorly. And all because of movie rights.

For me, the X Men died with Wolverine. I cannot stand X23. And Rogue being an Avenger has spoiled her character, at least how Claremont originally conceived her.

It would serve Marvel right if they lost a lot of money with this, but I doubt it.
    Yep... All we did was keep them afloat during an era where by all rights they should have gone bankrupt by its end.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Fantastic Member SchismOfMadroces's Avatar

I'd like it if Death of X ends with a callback to the X-Men's sacrifice back in the 80's, with Scott and his group operating covertly from the Outback after their apparent deaths.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

I'm still convinced that Marvel intends to make Cyclops fully evil in order to set O5 Cyclops up for redemption..
    Tyke sells in his series finally less of 15k, , remplace one chaacter in his max popularity for a young version not works, only turns Tyke in another clon Joseph o teen Tony Stark.... the people compares and lost...

is more interesnte as un young boy who lives with an older version and hate himself. .
    Last edited by bubibartra; 07-14-2016 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by victor borkowski View Post
    I could live with that ending
    Me too. And then the rest of the real X-men die and join them in this new reality/heaven and just leave the 616 Marvel Universe behind. At this point it's not like they'd be leaving a Marvel Universe that's worth a damn anyway...