Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

All of your endings are probably better than what truly awaits.

This isn't really an ideal ending, but it's something I brought up in the Cyclops Appreciation Thread. After the panels from SDCC, I noticed that when Cyclops' absence was mentioned, Emma was mentioned as well. It may or may not be a telling hint. However, I think it may indicate that their absences is somehow linked.

So here's one possibility I offered: what if Emma faked Cyclops' death and wiped his memory clean so that no psychic or spy could find him? She's done this sort of thing before, Kimura being the best example. Moreover, by wiping his memory, she could basically create a new identity that allows her to get back together with him. In the end of Bendis' Uncanny run, she made it clear that she did want to get back with him, but Cyclops did not. If he's "dead," then perhaps that gives her an opportunity to get what she wants in another way. By warping his mind and his memories, she can have the man she wants and break free from the chaos surrounding mutants. Given her resources, she could move Cyclops and her Cuckoos to a tropical island or some remote part of Alaska where the Terrigen Mists are unlikely to hit. This could be Marvel's way of re-imposing the Cyclops/Emma relationship. They've already undone a good chunk of Bendis' run. Why not undo this?

Personally, I'm against this because I think the Cyclops/Emma relationship became so horribly toxic that getting them back together at this point would be terrible for both characters. I'd much rather see Emma take on a different role besides Cyclops' love interest. However, this is one way for Marvel to have their cake and eat it too. It may be the case that there are some on the editorial staff who are die-hard Cyclops/Emma fans and will jump at any opportunity to undo what Bendis did. I think that would be a huge mistake, but what do I know? If they can find a way to get away with something like this, they'll do it.

I'd still prefer that Cyclops' ending involve him visiting the White Hot Room again. I think that would be more ideal, but that might not be the sentiment of the powers that be.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This isn't really an ideal ending, but it's something I brought up in the Cyclops Appreciation Thread. After the panels from SDCC, I noticed that when Cyclops' absence was mentioned, Emma was mentioned as well. It may or may not be a telling hint. However, I think it may indicate that their absences is somehow linked.

So here's one possibility I offered: what if Emma faked Cyclops' death and wiped his memory clean so that no psychic or spy could find him? She's done this sort of thing before, Kimura being the best example. Moreover, by wiping his memory, she could basically create a new identity that allows her to get back together with him. In the end of Bendis' Uncanny run, she made it clear that she did want to get back with him, but Cyclops did not. If he's "dead," then perhaps that gives her an opportunity to get what she wants in another way. By warping his mind and his memories, she can have the man she wants and break free from the chaos surrounding mutants. Given her resources, she could move Cyclops and her Cuckoos to a tropical island or some remote part of Alaska where the Terrigen Mists are unlikely to hit. This could be Marvel's way of re-imposing the Cyclops/Emma relationship. They've already undone a good chunk of Bendis' run. Why not undo this?

Personally, I'm against this because I think the Cyclops/Emma relationship became so horribly toxic that getting them back together at this point would be terrible for both characters. I'd much rather see Emma take on a different role besides Cyclops' love interest. However, this is one way for Marvel to have their cake and eat it too. It may be the case that there are some on the editorial staff who are die-hard Cyclops/Emma fans and will jump at any opportunity to undo what Bendis did. I think that would be a huge mistake, but what do I know? If they can find a way to get away with something like this, they'll do it.

I'd still prefer that Cyclops' ending involve him visiting the White Hot Room again. I think that would be more ideal, but that might not be the sentiment of the powers that be.
    While that is an interesting theory, but wouldn't it also be because maybe in her own way Emma cares for Scott enough to make him lose his memories so he can restart his life over ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    While that is an interesting theory, but wouldn't it also be because maybe in her own way Emma cares for Scott enough to make him lose his memories so he can restart his life over ?
    I think it is pretty hard to start a new life when you have laser beams from your eyes))
    Last edited by Purplevit; 07-25-2016 at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I don't disagree. Emma Frost is one of those characters who can be both selfish and compassionate at the same time. So yes, on some levels I can see her justifying a mind-wipe as caring about him enough to have a fresh start. At the same time, I can also see it being self-serving in a ways because it means she gets the man she wanted to get back with. So it's kind of a double take, but it speaks to the duplicity of Emma's character. She can be a hero, but she can also be manipulative at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think it is pretty hard to star a new life when you have laser beams from your eyes))
    Well, he has found ways to suppress them in the past. An arc of Astonishing X-men showed that it is possible. So maybe that can be revisited.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Wow, that's very interesting.

It would also be a very dark turn for Emma.

Ultimately, I don't think it would work, because Cyclops isn't haunted by his memories but rather reality and the circumstances facing mutants. Emma would have to keep him in an amnesiac state, making him forget who he is, or continuously keep him in the dark about the fate of mutantkind.

Anyway, I don't think an event called "Death of X" can have an ideal ending, if you're an X-men fan.
    We literally want the exact opposite.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I think at the end of Death of X I feel there are 3 answers:
    1) Cyclops is in fact dead as a result of this first collision with the Inhumans
    2) A combination of Emma and Rachel have been psychically keeping Cyclops and them off the grid and gave the illusion of death. Between both being extremely powerful telepaths, and Rachel being able to use her TK to hide them from scans, it's feasible. It's why Havok, Emma, Cyclops, and Rachel have been noticeably missing.
    3) Cyclops was given the appearance of death, but is in fact being held prisoner for crimes against the Royal Family and no one is aware outside of a select few. Hank is more than likely unaware.

If 2 or 3 end up being true, in a sense, then I could expect to see Cyclops return in IvX.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

The Extraordinary X-Men whining and wailing over EvilClops being a humongous jerk and swearing they would never ever go to war with anyone because it's wrong and evil and screw you Summers.

One In An Infinity amoretpax199's Avatar

That or Cyclops making the Inhumans go back to the moon for good.

BANNED

My ideal ending is that in his last moments Cyclops and Beast, the adult forms, try to rekindle their friendship, admit their flaws and mistakes and outright admit that despite they being the first X-men, they're all screwed up in their own ways.

Cyclops dies, but now it is with Beast not truly hating him anyway.

Cyclops also ask Beast to try to find a cure to this and fix their past forms so that they can return to their own time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Yeah my bad, I should've been more specific. Befor bendis took over and started civil war I and illuminati and that crap tony stark was a semi decent guy to everyone else, then bendis turned him into iron jerk.

Regarding Cyclops, so many people have claiming that he's a villain and that he's the worst that maybe marvel should give them what they want, a truly villanous Cyclops. Hell I'm all for it, when arya or anyone else comes saying that Cyclops is the worst I'll say "he's a villain now what were you expecting?"
    When has Tony Stark ever stop being a jerk ?

Sorry for the off-topic moment.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    Jean Grey (the adult one) wakes up. She walks into the bathroom and finds Scott drying off after a morning shower. Jean says "I just had a horrible nightmare!"

Suddenly, we are at the beginning of the Blue & Gold team era. The character assassination of Charles Xavier, Cyclops, and Beast? The X-Men as militants instead of superheroes? The infighting between teams instead of being a family? House of M/M-Day? AvX? Civil War? One more day? Third Summers brother? Nothing but a bad dream. The whole Marvel timeline resets, and the era of deconstructing superheroes is over.

It's cheesy, and it totally rips off Dallas. Frankly, I don't care. I like my heroes to be heroic, and I like to see them fighting villains.
    Oh, that's also a beautiful dream! Keep on dreaming!

I like Quiver's awesome send-off as well.

Also fond of the idea that Cyclops trashed his own reputation doing what he felt had to be done, and, with Emma's help, faked his death and is now *completely* covert. (In that Storm, Old Man Logan, Beast, etc. don't even know about his new black ops squad, or that he's even still alive.)

Marvel's already written itself into a corner with this event, since we've already seen the world months after it happened. Cyclops is gone, presumed dead. The terrigen mists are unchanged. The Inhumans are unchanged. Mutant-kind is unchanged. No mutant anyone cares about has been killed by M-Pox (making it much like Legacy or the Decimation, in that it specifically avoids A-listers and only bumps off random Morlocks, Acolytes, Gamma Flighters, X-Terminators or other mutants who haven't appeared in a book for the last couple of years anyway...). Anything truly major and applecart-upsetting and internet-catching-on-fire-inducing, like the Beast coming up with a way to make mutants into non-mutants to 'save' them from the Terrigen cloud (and Cyclops dying blowing up this 'cure' that some would consider just as bad as the disease), would be a non-starter, since we already know that pretty much everybody not named Cyclops (and perhaps Emma) walked away from it.

One In An Infinity amoretpax199's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I bet that Emma and Cyclops will be back together again. They will probably do another version of Dark X-Men: The Confession issue or something.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by amoretpax199 View Post
    I bet that Emma and Cyclops will be back together again. They will probably do another version of Dark X-Men: The Confession issue or something.
    Nah, I'd prefer the epiloge to IVX and then they launch their new X men book. Superior X men, that title will piss off and cause lot of controversy, we already know what superior means in the Marvel Universe so I think I don't have to explain

Quote Originally Posted by somacula View Post
    Nah, I'd prefer the epiloge to IVX and then they launch their new X men book. Superior X men, that title will piss off and cause lot of controversy, we already know what superior means in the Marvel Universe so I think I don't have to explain
    That's not a bad idea. A while back, I even started a thread about what a "Superior X-men" may entail. If mutants are still sterilized and endangered at the end of IvX, then it makes sense that the X-men would need to use "superior" tactics to ensure their survival. I still doubt Cyclops will be alive for it. I think with his teen version gaining a major role in Champions, Marvel is going to keep him dead. They want the emphasis to be on his younger version moving forward and his older self can't be alive for that.

But a Superior X-men doesn't need Cyclops to work. I would love to see Emma Frost lead this team. Storm clearly doesn't want to abandon Xavier's ideals, but I think after Death of X and IvX, Emma is ready to throw them away again. Maybe she can team up with Havok to form a team that is a cross between Magneto's X-Force version of X-men and Storm's traditional version. I'd definitely buy that book.