Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930 LastLast
    BANNED

AN ANGELA SOLO MOVIE COULD BE THE ANSWER
    https://rushdownradio.net/an-angela-...be-the-answer/

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I’m not dismissing it as lemonade money, though by that same measure, I’m not making it out to be the be all end all greatest lost treasure of the universe either. Hehe.
    Wait. If anyone has a billion they wanna give away. I'm here.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Wait. If anyone has a billion they wanna give away. I'm here.

Ultimate Member

Don't really see how this is even a thing.

I mean, Angela has barely caught on within the comics themselves. She's a transplant from the 90s who would have been left in the dust bin were her creator not an otherwise excellent writer.

She doesn't deserve to replace any MU character until she proves her chops and value to the company, something we're all still waiting for.

Seriously, Angela needs a codename. I will die on this hill.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Don't really see how this is even a thing.

I mean, Angela has barely caught on within the comics themselves. She's a transplant from the 90s who would have been left in the dust bin were her creator not an otherwise excellent writer.

She doesn't deserve to replace any MU character until she proves her chops and value to the company, something we're all still waiting for.
    I mean, even if they wanted to put Angela in the MCU, she wouldn't need to replace anybody.

People act as if Marvel can only have one big woman hero in the MCU while they have an abundance of co-existing male heroes.

I’m not dismissing it as lemonade money, though by that same measure, I’m not making it out to be the be all end all greatest lost treasure of the universe either. Hehe.
    you seem to be reading things that weren't said
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    you seem to be reading things that weren't said
    As is the same that can be said to those that think I'm dismissing $1 billion dollars as if it was fruit juice proceeds, but I suppose enough has been said about that by now. Anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I mean, even if they wanted to put Angela in the MCU, she wouldn't need to replace anybody.

People act as if Marvel can only have one big woman hero in the MCU while they have an abundance of co-existing male heroes.
    Yeah, there's room for both great women and great men in the MCU after all. lol

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I don't think the majority of MCU fans really think about Carol like that. I think the majority still see Black Widow as the Flagship Female Hero.

I could be wrong (and i hope so) but CM shine is fading quickly.
    I will concede that Black Widow is bigger, but she is dead now and CM is getting another movie plus will most likely be prominent in future Avenger movies. If Carol isn't number one she is number 2 and that can chance depending how her upcoming projects are received.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    I will concede that Black Widow is bigger, but she is dead now and CM is getting another movie plus will most likely be prominent in future Avenger movies. If Carol isn't number one she is number 2 and that can chance depending how her upcoming projects are received.
    Yeah, unless the Black Widow mantle is passed down, which I somehow don't get the feeling will the be case here, if anything, it seems that Captain Marvel is the one they want to push the most as of now assuming they're very much going for "the flagship female." I do wonder if this will change-up when they eventually introduce the women from the X-Men though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowtools View Post
    Well here's an example of a thread that has dated badly
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    A billion dollar proves that she was working as Marvel's flagship superheroine.

And no one said Black Widow was irrelevant.
    As someone that absolutely loves Captain Marvel in the MCU, I wholeheartedly agree. This might be my worst thread of all time, and I had my share of bad ones. No idea how Captain Marvel is doing in comics lately (my undivided attention is going to Hickman’s X-Men right now), but the film was able to inject Carol with a personality that I never saw fully realized in the comics for a long time. Here’s hoping that just like with Iron Man, the writers of her comic are able to develop even further.
    Last edited by ijacksparrow; 09-30-2019 at 01:01 AM.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Ultimate Member

Yeah, unless the Black Widow mantle is passed down, which I somehow don't get the feeling will the be case here, if anything, it seems that Captain Marvel is the one they want to push the most as of now assuming they're very much going for "the flagship female." I do wonder if this will change-up when they eventually introduce the women from the X-Men though.
    Not passing down the mantle in the MCU? DEspite the fact that she has a movie coming up and known other Widows, ya mean?

I haven't seen the movie, but from what I've heard, she's just as boring in it as she is in the comics.

As stated way back, before this got necro'd I don't really think MArvel has flagships in the way that people tend to be thinking, especially these days. At one point in time, it uses to be Spider-Man who is still arguably their most popular character. And there are certainly more predomianntly featured characters or simply popular ones based on race gender and ethnicity. But these days Marvel's got a decent mix.

I know this thread has 2 major themes, the first one being the most prominent.
    1. People upset at Captain Marvel for one thing or another, they don't like her characterization, her current costume or Brie Larson or they feel she's SJW (whatever that means) and they hate that.
    2. The promotion of Angela because people really dig Angela and thinks she should be flagship character

Like or dislike Captain Marvel marvel has been pushing the character for a number of years in the comics with a clear and distinct change a couple of years ago. Her current costume is way more conducive for live-action in the world the MCU has created. They've changed her origin, basically taking parts of Blue Marvel's origin to fit her into the MCU timeline (it's not without its hiccups but most don't seem to notice). Then despite a planned review bomb by a group fans on the internet the movie still got decent reviews. 70 odd percent from critics and over 50% I believe from the general audience. Oh, and it made over $1 billion. I know it's not what it use to be, say 20 years ago, but at the end of the day a movie's success comes down to it's box office, despite how others might try to dismiss it as meaningless that's what a studio is looking at. Awards and critical acclaim are icing on the cake.

As for Angela as stated by several other posters, she's a Spawn character brought over relatively recently retconned as an Asgardian. She's got the cool look and warrior woman vibe, but out of all the characters you'd push for Marvel, there'd be a number of heroines ahead of her at this point. If we are going by history, legacy, comic sales, popularity, general recognition. Angela's not overly high on the list at this point in time.

Marvel has Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Invisible Woman, Storm, Jean Gray, The Wasp, Ms. Marvel and like 30 other characters.

But whatever I guess people gonna keep necroing this.
    The J-man

BANNED

Being genuinely liked matters more. Like spider-verse wasn't close to a billion dollar movie, but it is very beloved.
    Iron man 3 made a billion, but it's not better than civil war, winter soldier etc, largely carried financially by the avengers movie out at the time.

If you make a ranked poll on popularity (like cbr has made or any other sites), captain marvel would be in the 20s or 30s if not lower at this time. I mean, really a cbr popularity poll is coming up, so we can see how the reception is currently.

Captain marvel (carol) is well known and a household name, but the reception seems a bit lukewarm.

Marvel has Captain Marvel, She-Hulk, Invisible Woman, Storm, Jean Gray, The Wasp, Ms. Marvel and like 30 other characters.

But whatever I guess people gonna keep necroing this.
    it's just 616marvel dude doing it
    honestly at some point you could make a separate section for the "diss carol" threads.
    Last edited by Ichijinijisanji; 10-01-2019 at 04:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichijinijisanji View Post
    Being genuinely liked matters more. Like spider-verse wasn't close to a billion dollar movie, but it is very beloved.
    Iron man 3 made a billion, but it's not better than civil war, winter soldier etc, largely carried financially by the avengers movie out at the time.

If you make a ranked poll on popularity (like cbr has made or any other sites), captain marvel would be in the 20s or 30s if not lower at this time. I mean, really a cbr popularity poll is coming up, so we can see how the reception is currently.

Captain marvel (carol) is well known and a household name, but the reception seems a bit lukewarm.
    I think the reception is fine. There's a vocal minority of people who won't shut up about how much they hate the character and/or Brie Larson but overall the movie is liked but most audiences.