Page 8 of 30 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    I like Mar-Vell, I like Billy Batson. But my first and favorite Captain Marvel still is Monica Rambeau.
    She might be your first but she definitely isn't the first and unlike Monica, who should never have been called Captain Marvel, Carol Danvers carrying the name is a legacy from the original Cap from whom she was derived.

Earth's Mightiest Hero RafDanvers's Avatar

Carol's name is a legacy. A mantle. Carol's the best fit for the name in every sense. Unlike Monica, sorry. Spectrum name did a lot more for her.
    My heroines: Captain Marvel Psylocke

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Carol's name is a legacy. A mantle. Carol's the best fit for the name in every sense. Unlike Monica, sorry. Spectrum name did a lot more for her.
    LOL. Why? Because "blonde" and "I'm sorry" is not enough. Carol is not the first. Her "legacy" character is cooler and sell more comics than her, almost the double by the way. Give me Monica Rambeau as Captain Marvel any day of the week. Highly underrated character, at the very least, it'd try something different with the name. Isn't that what just happened with Iron Man? At the very least Monica deserves the Captain Marvel title more than Carol for being first, also for being a hell lot cooler lately. I'd kill for a Warren Ellis written Captain Marvel book with Monica as the titular character. Hell, or just kill Carol and give the name for Kamala. She actually deserves it and I'd be all over either the two books. It's better than these constant relaunches.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    As for Captain Marvel, her costume looks good but she looks old.
    I'm not even sure where to begin with this but I'll start with the obvious and just say that's not accurate.

totally not! haha She looks badass and like a real hero.

And Zauri,no, Not because shes blonde. She is blonde and sho what? She lives a legacy. Monica is great but the name Spectrum did a lot more for her lately. She didnt have any links to the name. Dont take things to other direction.. please.

my pull list: The Mighty Captain Marvel - Ultimates 2 - Uncanny X-Men *I run @captmarvelnews and @psylockenews on Twitter! Join us!

Carol danvers deserve the Captain Marvel title because she actually has a link to Captain MarVell and to the Captain Marvel mythos. In addition her character actually held rank in the military and she constantly find herself in a position of command. Being part Kree, Carol actually has a real connection to the other characters who held the mantle. Also in calling herself Captain Marvel honors the man who saved her life and was once a close friend.

Monica just thought the name was cool with no real connection to the mythos or the Kree at all.
    Last edited by dreyga2000; 07-12-2016 at 11:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    What I like: JUST Carol, fighting MAJOR identifiable villains, with the odd guest appearance now and then. Reed got it right, until the end there.

No Lightning Squads, Banshees, Carol Corps, or anything.
    I get that if she is gonna literally hold a Military rank somebody somewhere thought that she should be put in charge of some sort of unit.

Especially if she isn't going to have a secret I.D. or a supporting cast that is made up of normal folks ever again (I give credit to DeConnick for bringing back that
    aspect to the character).

The various Lightning Banshee Flight Squads must have seemed like a way to kill several birds with one stone. Giving her a command, day job, and a supporting cast
    all at the same time.

That is my guess as to why they keep trying it anyway.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    totally not! haha She looks badass and like a real hero.

And Zauri,no, Not because shes blonde. She is blonde and sho what? She lives a legacy. Monica is great but the name Spectrum did a lot more for her lately. She didnt have any links to the name. Dont take things to other direction.. please.
    She doesnt look badass. Thats the problem its like fenale characters have to be more like men to be considered relevant. So she gets a crew cut and a personality based on Chuck Yeager,covers up and shes supposed to be cool. Nah I'd take the old Carol over the new.
    Last edited by CliffHanger2; 07-12-2016 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    Carol danvers deserve the Captain Marvel title because she actually has a link to Captain MarVell and to the Captain Marvel mythos. In addition her character actually held rank in the military and she constantly find herself in a position of command. Being part Kree, Carol actually has a real connection to the other characters who held the mantle. Also in calling herself Captain Marvel honors the man who saved her life and was once a close friend.

Monica just thought the name was cool with no real connection to the mythos or the Kree at all.
    <3 Exaclty.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    She doesnt look badass. Thats the problem its like fenale characters have to be more like men to be considered relevant. So she gets a crew cut and a personality based on Chuck Yeager,covers up and shes supposed to be cool. Nah I'd take the old Carol over the new.
    You know just because a girl has shorthair and don't dress like a stripper doesn't mean she looks like a man. And her personality has been the same as always...

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Youre WRONG. Shes totally a badass. Short hair doens mean nothing. She looks like shes a badass cosmic powerhouse with military background. Her look stands her out from the crowd. More than ever before.

You know just because a girl has shorthair and don't dress like a stripper doesn't mean she looks like a man. And her personality has been the same as always...
    Yes. Exactly.

Only real difference I can see is that she is a more competent Leader now than she was back pre-dark reign with the Avengers. She still acts and reacts mostly the same other than that.

@Topic:
    This thread is kinda strange, like.. I wasn't even sure if the OP was serious at first. I haven't had the time yet to check out her solo run but Carol Danvers as the Leader of the Ultimates kicks all kinds of ass and is far from "boring". And while her old outfit had the benefit of being black, the new one is much more recognizable and less skimpy (which I consider a good thing). And that Helmet is just awesome.
    I can understand why not everyone is into her short hair especially since not every artist draws it well enough but I think it fits her quite perfectly.
    To be more specific: She looks more beautiful with long hair but cooler with short hair and I'm okay with that since we have... a LOT of female characters who rock the long straight hair anyway.
    Last edited by Matternativ; 07-12-2016 at 12:55 PM.
    "̶l̶̶e̶̶t̶'̶s̶̶ ̶̶h̶̶a̶̶v̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶o̶̶m̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶f̶̶u̶̶n̶̶,̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶h̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶b̶̶e̶̶a̶̶t̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶s̶̶ ̶̶s̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶.̶̶ ̶̶i̶̶ ̶̶w̶̶a̶̶n̶̶n̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶t̶̶a̶̶k̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶a̶̶ ̶̶r̶̶i̶̶d̶̶e̶̶ ̶̶o̶̶n̶̶ ̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶r̶̶ ̶̶d̶̶i̶̶s̶̶c̶̶o̶̶s̶̶t̶̶i̶̶c̶̶k̶̶"
    "Let's have some fun, this riff is sick. I wanna mosh around in the Circle Pit!"

Matt's Stuff [Blog]: Star Wars Visions: Ranked
    Matt Eduardson [YT]: Palpatine's Return - Dark Empire VS The Rise of Skywalker

My Twitter

Ding, ding, ding. We have a winner.

I really like Monica, but she never really had any connection to the name. I think Spectrum works better for her. Just my opinion.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Great TG1982 and Matternativ