Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Cause Carol Danvers being the top Marvel Women is recent. And its more caused by Marvel not having the House of X for Movies. The X-men provided all of Marvels most Iconic Superheroine. It wasn't until the MCU and Bendis redoing the Avengers that the Avengers became more prominent and while some of the dudes were ready made to move into prime positions. The Women of the Avengers weren't really. So its more of a catchup. Carol will be pushed because she Has Marvel in her title. Even though I think Kamala Khan has kinda surpassed her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    What is this. I wouldn't even put Angela in like TOP 30 of "Most Iconic/Popular/Liked Female Characters of Marvel" , heck, 40.

While Carol would be on top 3 for sure.

Mind you this is not a personal list. I'm being objective.

So I don't see the point at all. Carol is clearly way more successful than Angela IN. EVERY. WAY. POSSIBLE.
    In what world is Carol Danvers one of the Top 3 Most Iconic Marvel Females?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Carol is far more popular and successful than Angela. However Carol is indeed boring imo. I keep picking up her series hoping for something different, but each time I get bored.
    I would guess that more people know Angela because of how big Spawn was than know Carol Captain Marvel, or even the Ms. Marvel version. I would guess that most people that know of her still only kind of know of her because of Rogue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGuy View Post
    Youre WRONG. Shes totally a badass. Short hair doens mean nothing. She looks like shes a badass cosmic powerhouse with military background. Her look stands her out from the crowd. More than ever before.
    Her look doesn't stand out from the crowd, it was just one of many new costume updates that was meant to be more "real", which was getting to be extremely boring by the time they gave her what looked like a new version of Marvelman's costume.

Quote Originally Posted by simbob4000 View Post
    I would guess that more people know Angela because of how big Spawn was than know Carol Captain Marvel, or even the Ms. Marvel version. I would guess that most people that know of her still only kind of know of her because of Rogue.
    Actually, this makes a lot of sense. Angela was very popular because of Spawn, and I actually think Marvel Comics could still channel into that. Updating her costume to something more like she used when she was very popular to begin with is a start, but I'd argue that getting Marguerite Bennet to write her again with Stephanie Hans doing the art plus another A list artist and heavily promoting would be the next. I'm enjoying Queen of Hel a hell lot, but the whole bounty hunter aspect of her is way cooler. If Marguerite could find a way of getting her on Earth to fight demons/angels/gods on Earth and if instead of Guardians she was with the Avengers, I could see Angela breaking out hard in popularity. LBGT character that it's even more bad ass than Wolverine. Hell something like this writes itself, and I really like Bennet's writing with her. Controversial sometimes is good, and marrying the kind of violence that you expect from Angela with LGBT stories could make for a hell of a progressive and subversive book. Do it, Marvel.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Her look doesn't stand out from the crowd, it was just one of many new costume updates that was meant to be more "real", which was getting to be extremely boring by the time they gave her what looked like a new version of Marvelman's costume.
    Compared to whom?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Compared to whom?
    I'd say compared with Ms. Marvel, Spider-Gwen, Jane Thor and yes, Angela. I just hate the red and blue on his new uniform and the short hair. I don't want the old costume back, and domino masks don't really work, but a combination of her old costume with the new ones could work.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

i stopped buying Queen of Hel, i missed the good old hunter non-asgardian Angela.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    I'd say compared with Ms. Marvel, Spider-Gwen, Jane Thor and yes, Angela. I just hate the red and blue on his new uniform and the short hair. I don't want the old costume back, and domino masks don't really work, but a combination of her old costume with the new ones could work.
    I too am not enamored of Carl Danvers' new uniform and his short hair.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Do people really dislike Carol's captain costume?

Mighty Member

I never got the hate over Carol's costume. I always thought it was a clever call back to Mar-vell's outfit while not being the same thing because of the inverted color palete.

And it's pretty poor to compare Spider-Gwen's outfit to carol's given that Gwen's outfit blows every hero made in the last 20 year's outfit out of the water. That's a once in a life time design. You don't replicate that. That's like Original BTAS Harley's in terms of 10/10 right out the gate. And Angela's original outfit aint nowhere near as sterling to be called significantly better.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I never got the hate over Carol's costume. I always thought it was a clever call back to Mar-vell's outfit while not being the same thing because of the inverted color palete.

And it's pretty poor to compare Spider-Gwen's outfit to carol's given that Gwen's outfit blows every hero made in the last 20 year's outfit out of the water. That's a once in a life time design. You don't replicate that. That's like Original BTAS Harley's in terms of 10/10 right out the gate.
    I agree about Spider-Gwen's costume being perfect, with that said... look the designs above. Look how the "E" one incorporates elements of Captain Marvel costume AND her originals. Look to the B one and replace the blue with red, lose the scarf. It looks PERFECT. And reminiscent to HER costume, not just Captain Marvel's. Why Carol needs to throw away her costume symbol that always worked for Mar-Vell's? It's HER legacy too, you know. I don't know, bravo to whoever designed those. That's exactly what I was thinking in terms of mixing her classic costume and the new ones.
    Pull list:

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Do people really dislike Carol's captain costume?
    Yes.

I honestly prefer her older costumes.

Mighty Member

Her current outfit does have callbacks to the original. Dropping the sash would be completely removing one of the most notable traits of Carol as a heroine, which is her flowing red sash.

And Carol didn't always have that lightning bolt. She's had that gold star just as long as she's had the lightning bolt. Neither of those symbols is more definitive of her time as Ms. Marvel than the other. It's not like she was rocking Mar-vell's Giant Green circle.

You're free to not like her current outfit, but don't act like she completely threw away everything about herself with it, when it makes nods to several parts of her previous outfits as well as Mar-Vell's
    Last edited by ZephyrSurf; 07-14-2016 at 03:43 AM.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Ignoring the criticisms of the outfit. I've notice the most reiterated criticism against Carol is that her run as CM has been boring.

Astonishing Member

That was my initial reaction as well -- what is this -- Miraclewoman?! Of course, Miracleman was orignally named Marvelman -- so there is a connection -- intentional or not. There is nothing about it that is very head-turning. Even the star logo is less prominent than it should be because of the yellow bands leading to her shoulders. I also think they should have maintained the black/red color scheme -- instead of going with that generic blue.

But I've seen some artists do a better job than others with the current outfit -- unfortunately, few of those artist work on Captain Marvel's series.

As for the stories -- I liked a couple of Kelly's stories from the first CM volume, but they get more boring with each new relaunch. Carol in space seemed like a good idea, but the execution was wanting.