Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Wasp brand is too much of a mess to build upon. If there was one Wasp among all media then yes, that would have been possible.
    This is true. And it makes me sad. I love the wasp (the original).

Invincible Member

The Wasp brand isn't all that messed up. I don't think it would be hard to come up with a pitch that would work even with Nadia and movie synergy what not.

Wasp still has a far better chance than Angela. There are about 12 to 18 other heroines up before Angela
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Obviously not considering that there are like 2/3 different ones from the movies to the comics.
    There have also been numerous Captain Marvels. Not saying they're in the same boat or that Wasp could be Marvel's top heroine, but the reasoning that she can't because there are multiple characters with her name doesn't immediately exclude her.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    There have also been numerous Captain Marvels. Not saying they're in the same boat or that Wasp could be Marvel's top heroine, but the reasoning that she can't because there are multiple characters with her name doesn't immediately exclude her.
    Key words "have been". As in the past. There is only one Captain Marvel right now being pushed in every single media. With Wasp you have Hope on the movies, then on the comic Janet and Nadya who is kinda like 616 Hope but not really. Then when it comes to animation and games... You have Hope on the cartoons, Janet in most of the games... With merchandise it's even worse.

Even the aesthetics have some clashing. Hope's costume is yellow, which is the same color as Janet on the comics, while Nadya who's a Hope stand-in has a red costume, which is what MCU Janet has been wearing on the flashbacks...

Key words "have been". As in the past. There is only one Captain Marvel right now being pushed in every single media. With Wasp you have Hope on the movies, then on the comic Janet and Nadya who is kinda like 616 Hope but not really. Then when it comes to animation and games... You have Hope on the cartoons, Janet in most of the games... With merchandise it's even worse.

Even the aesthetics have some clashing. Hope's costume is yellow, which is the same color as Janet on the comics, while Nadya who's a Hope stand-in has a red costume, which is what MCU Janet has been wearing on the flashbacks...
    Exactly, and it's EVEN more complicated than this. Cartoons have Hope but anime has Janet.

Both Hope and Janet get physical merchandise like statues and figures but when it comes to digital representation or smaller merchandise like stickers and story books, it's a completely different Wasp look that I've seen used for both Hope and Janet and most recently for Nadia in that one-shot. This design right here:

Janet had been dominating the games for years but now Hope comes into the mix, being added to pretty much all the games but even Nadia is starting to appear in games.

It's truly a huge mess

Nadia and cartoon versions of Hope were all created before it was revealed Hope would have long hair in the movie, which makes it an even bigger mess when you realize they failed at resembling Hope. They can't even create a fixed look for Wasp.

Key words "have been". As in the past.
    There's nothing to say that this Wasp mess is permanent, either. Five years from now, Janet may be the reigning Wasp A-List superheroine, you never know. But one thing is certain: Marvel has pushed Captain Marvel but failed to make the general public interested in her so far. But as I've said before, it's all moot until her solo movie comes out anyway. I was merely pointing out that you can't count Wasp out of the running for just having multiple iterations.

We have a statue and bunch of action figures for Hope. But there are 2 statues coming out for Janet also (Kotobukiya and Sideshow). None for Nadia yet.

You have 2 Hot Wheels cars designed for Janet, none yet for Hope or Nadia.

No Funko Figures for anyone but Hope yet. Though it's likely we'll see either movie Janet and/or comic Janet in the following months since they are releasing a comic Hank.

There are 2 different Hope Minimate figures coming up. One for the movie, one for the cartoon she is in.

Hope is starring in Avengers Assemble, and Janet is starring in Future Avengers which has season 2 coming out soon.

So far only Hope has a lego figure.

They just released a Mighty Mugs Figure for Wasp and it's Janet. (this is surprising)

They released a Wasp themed Harley Davidson motorcycle just under a couple years ago and it's Janet.

You have an eaglemoss Wasp figure coming out, classic Janet. That's their third Janet.

There is of course a lot of movie related merch that has Hope.

That coloring book with Nadia and Janet, no Hope.

Marvel Tsum Tsum still making Janet figures.

So yeah WASP as name is definitely up there but I don't think Wasp can ever be the flagship heroine. Or at least in the foreseeable future.

As far as games go:

Janet's in:

- Lego Marvel Superheroes
    - Lego Marvel Avengers
    - Lego Marvel Superheroes 2
    - Future Fight
    - Puzzle Quest
    - Avengers Academy

Janet was in: (these games got shut down recently)

- Avengers Alliance
    - Avengers Alliance 2
    - Marvel Heroes (NPC but was becoming playable this year)
    - Disney Infinity (NPC)
    - Mighty Marvel Heroes
    - Superhero Squad Online

Hope's in: (or about to be in)

- Future Fight
    - Strike Force
    - Puzzle Quest
    - Contest of Champions

Nadia's in: (or about to be in)

- Future Fight

P.S. There is a good chance Hope and possibly Nadia will be coming to Avengers Academy.
    Last edited by Captain M; 06-26-2018 at 08:33 AM.

There's nothing to say that this Wasp mess is permanent, either. Five years from now, Janet may be the reigning Wasp A-List superheroine, you never know. But one thing is certain: Marvel has pushed Captain Marvel but failed to make the general public interested in her so far. But as I've said before, it's all moot until her solo movie comes out anyway. I was merely pointing out that you can't count Wasp out of the running for just having multiple iterations.
    This is a good point, it's very likely that in a decade, give or take a few years, we'll end up with Janet being the only Wasp again.

Yeah Wasp is not at the point of no return. They could easily streamline things by focusing on one Wasp (hopefully Janet) from now on and who knows what will happen if she's given the push Carol's got.
    It will take some work, but it's not impossible to make Wasp Marvel's flagship heroine. it's more about whether Marvel is willing to actually put in the work to make it happen.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Nadia and cartoon versions of Hope were all created before it was revealed Hope would have long hair in the movie, which makes it an even bigger mess when you realize they failed at resembling Hope. They can't even create a fixed look for Wasp.
    They should let Nadya grow her hair. Janet already has a short cut anyway. It would make her look more like Hope AND help differentiate both of them from Janet in general, as now with AMATW I imagine Hope's ponytail is what will be used on all the stuff.

5 years from now the MCU will still be a thing. Hope just became Wasp and got her movie and Feige said she's gonna be used more in the future. MCU usually goes with trilogies so there's still one more Ant Man movie left.

And well, whether they made the "general public" insterested depends on what you're considering the general audience. The GOTG still don't sell well on the comics but I would definetely say they're popular with the general audience.

They should let Nadya grow her hair. Janet already has a short cut anyway. It would make her look more like Hope AND help differentiate both of them from Janet in general, as now with AMATW I imagine Hope's ponytail is what will be used on all the stuff.

5 years from now the MCU will still be a thing. Hope just became Wasp and got her movie and Feige said she's gonna be used more in the future. MCU usually goes with trilogies so there's still one more Ant Man movie left.

And well, whether they made the "general public" insterested depends on what you're considering the general audience. The GOTG still don't sell well on the comics but I would definetely say they're popular with the general audience.
    The bold is interesting. If Carols movie is successful, but her comics continue to not sell well what does that mean for her "flagship" status?
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The bold is interesting. If Carols movie is successful, but her comics continue to not sell well what does that mean for her "flagship" status?
    Well, unless they just give up on doing movie sinergy stuff at all I think they'll keep trying. The difference between her and others like the GOTG and Ant-Man(not as much success on the comics as on the movies) is that she's being pushed as the #1 Marvel female hero, as the thread's title say. I think it would be the same for Black Panther if his comics were doing bad. I think that if it just never happens they may cancel her book but keep her place on the Avengers.

We have a statue and bunch of action figures for Hope. But there are 2 statues coming out for Janet also (Kotobukiya and Sideshow). None for Nadia yet.

You have 2 Hot Wheels cars designed for Janet, none yet for Hope or Nadia.

No Funko Figures for anyone but Hope yet. Though it's likely we'll see either movie Janet and/or comic Janet in the following months since they are releasing a comic Hank.

There are 2 different Hope Minimate figures coming up. One for the movie, one for the cartoon she is in.

Hope is starring in Avengers Assemble, and Janet is starring in Future Avengers which has season 2 coming out soon.

So far only Hope has a lego figure.

They just released a Mighty Mugs Figure for Wasp and it's Janet. (this is surprising)

They released a Wasp themed Harley Davidson motorcycle just under a couple years ago and it's Janet.

You have an eaglemoss Wasp figure coming out, classic Janet. That's their third Janet.

There is of course a lot of movie related merch that has Hope.

That coloring book with Nadia and Janet, no Hope.

Marvel Tsum Tsum still making Janet figures.

So yeah WASP as name is definitely up there but I don't think Wasp can ever be the flagship heroine. Or at least in the foreseeable future.

As far as games go:

Janet's in:

- Lego Marvel Superheroes
    - Lego Marvel Avengers
    - Future Fight
    - Puzzle Quest
    - Avengers Academy

Janet was in: (these games got shut down recently)

- Avengers Alliance
    - Avengers Alliance 2
    - Marvel Heroes (NPC but was becoming playable this year)
    - Disney Infinity (NPC)
    - Mighty Marvel Heroes
    - Superhero Squad Online

Hope's in: (or about to be in)

- Future Fight
    - Strike Force
    - Puzzle Quest
    - Contest of Champions

Nadia's in: (or about to be in)

- Future Fight

P.S. There is a good chance Hope and possibly Nadia will be coming to Avengers Academy.
    Damn....Current Marvel has become just as convulted as DC with Flashes, GL’s, and Hawkmans.

SMH
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.