Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

time to close this thread her movie made $1 billion, and she's going to star in End Game
    The J-man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    My main hope is that if the Captain Marvel gets made -- something new will be designed for the film -- maybe using elements of Captain Mar-Vell's costume or Carol's second costume (loved the bolt which I always though was a sly homage to the original Fawcett version of Captain Marvel).
    I loved the homage to Captain Mar-Vell and Captain Marvel..
    The green color of Captain Mar-Vell

+

The silver and black colors of Captain Marvel

=

The green, silver and black colors of MCU Carol Danvers!

HOLY MOLEY!

For the most part, though, I don't know that there is a strong enough concept here for a solo film. I think Carol works great as an Avenger and am interested in seeing her in those films, but I do think a Black Widow film has more potential.
    I have my fingers crossed that after Spider-Man: Far from Home it will be confirmed without a doubt that the Black Widow movie will indeed be one of the two MCU movies come 2020!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    What I like: JUST Carol, fighting MAJOR identifiable villains, with the odd guest appearance now and then. Reed got it right, until the end there.

No Lightning Squads, Banshees, Carol Corps, or anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    This makes sense and something that I'd be interested on. Make Carol Corps her real fanbase, make me want be part of that, don't just tell me how everyone loves her in universe. That's basically Lyla Cheney and Dazzler schtick, and it didn't work that well for them either.
    What I dunno about the comicbook character Lyla Cheney but everyone hates the comicbook character Dazzler in universe..

Well here's an example of a thread that has dated badly

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Icefalcon View Post
    Either way you look at it the 1st Captain Marvel was a man!
    Attachment 37814
    Attachment 37816
    Quote Originally Posted by ijacksparrow View Post
    I like Mar-Vell, I like Billy Batson. But my first and favorite Captain Marvel still is Monica Rambeau. Her costume? Mostly the same from the first Secret Wars days. Still awesome and cooler than Carol's "Steve Rogers" one by the way.
    The silver and black costume is wholly unique in which the comicbook character Captain Marvel stands out whenever the Avengers Assemble!

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    time to close this thread her movie made $1 billion, and she's going to star in End Game
    And? Is that it? Is a $1 billion movie all it takes to make a woman "Marvel's flagship superheroine," whatever that even means? Does that mean she wasn't "flagship" until her movie came out, and that her comics didn't play a role in that? Does mean characters like Black Widow are irrelevant?

I mean, not that I really "pro-flagship" for anything at Marvel to begin with, but you've amused me, so I felt like replying anyway. Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    And? Is that it? Is a $1 billion movie all it takes to make a woman "Marvel's flagship superheroine," whatever that even means? Does that mean she wasn't "flagship" until her movie came out, and that her comics didn't play a role in that? Does mean characters like Black Widow are irrelevant?

I mean, not that I really "pro-flagship" for anything at Marvel to begin with, but you've amused me, so I felt like replying anyway. Haha.
    A billion dollar proves that she was working as Marvel's flagship superheroine.

And no one said Black Widow was irrelevant.

If you ask the casual superhero fan who is Marvels flagship female hero nowadays they are gonna say Captain Marvel. That’s the effect her movie had. Thread is over

So out of ALL the marvel characters why would marvel go with a character whose history includes starting at another company. sounds convoluted to me. I'm not much of a Carol fan, preferred her when she was a close ally to the x-men but i'd take her over angela any day of the week.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by dreyga2000 View Post
    If you ask the casual superhero fan who is Marvels flagship female hero nowadays they are gonna say Captain Marvel. That’s the effect her movie had. Thread is over
    I don't think the majority of MCU fans really think about Carol like that. I think the majority still see Black Widow as the Flagship Female Hero.

I could be wrong (and i hope so) but CM shine is fading quickly.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Well I wouldn’t say star...

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    So out of ALL the marvel characters why would marvel go with a character whose history includes starting at another company. sounds convoluted to me.
    Wouldn’t bother me; it’s not where you come from it’s where you’re at.
    I mean, we don’t actively think of Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, The Question etc. as Charlton characters, or Shazam as a Fawcett character, unless the conversation is specifically about characters getting bought by one company from another.

Angela’s probably had more “screen time” as a Marvel character at this point than she had prior.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    And? Is that it? Is a $1 billion movie all it takes .......

I like how you've just dismissed $1 billion dollars as if they were proceeds from a roadside lemonade stand.
    The J-man

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    I don't think the majority of MCU fans really think about Carol like that. I think the majority still see Black Widow as the Flagship Female Hero.

I could be wrong (and i hope so) but CM shine is fading quickly.
    Yeah, I think the majority of casual fans would say Black Widow.

On the other hand, Carol is just now getting attention from the mainstream audience, I wouldn't say it's fading. I'd suggest that it's just starting.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Well I wouldn’t say star...

Wouldn’t bother me; it’s not where you come from it’s where you’re at.
    I mean, we don’t actively think of Blue Beetle, Captain Atom, The Question etc. as Charlton characters, or Shazam as a Fawcett character, unless the conversation is specifically about characters getting bought by one company from another.

Angela’s probably had more “screen time” as a Marvel character at this point than she had prior.
    My issue with Angela is just her lack of code name. That’s fine when your name is something like Thor, but when your name is shared with a character from the Office, it seems like a stumbling block to me.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

I like how you've just dismissed $1 billion dollars as if they were proceeds from a roadside lemonade stand.
    I’m not dismissing it as lemonade money, though by that same measure, I’m not making it out to be the be all end all greatest lost treasure of the universe either. Hehe.