Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: Are You Looking Forward to "Jessica Jones'" New Comic Book Adventures?

Are You Looking Forward to "Jessica Jones'" New Comic Book Adventures?

When Jessica Jones returns with a new ongoing series from her creators, will you be adding the P.I.'s comic to your pull list?

Vote on the poll here.

No, thanks!
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Had all the trades of the first series bought for me as a gift. Never made it through the first one and sold them on. Won't be touching this new series.

Quote Originally Posted by QBall View Post
    Had all the trades of the first series bought for me as a gift. Never made it through the first one and sold them on. Won't be touching this new series.
    I remember flipping one of her trades and seeing 4 pages in a row with the same panel cut and pasted on like a 4 by 6 grid? With different dialogue in each panel--it was two characters talking. And I said to myself, this is unreadable--this isn't even comics. A month of Family Circuses is more dynamic than this.

I loved her show, and I would give this a chance with literally* any other writer. Scott Lobdell's Jessica Jones--I would give that a chance.

EDIT: I suddenly remembered I would not give Mark Millar's Jessica Jones a chance either. Forgot the other writer on my no fly list...

Niffleheim

Nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope nope lol! I've tried too many times to get in to the character but she is just not my cuppa tea.
    Last edited by Tofali; 07-11-2016 at 01:22 PM.

Not a fan, to put it as politely as I can.

Peace

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Where's the "Hell no" option?
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I'm shocked by the hate. I am interested, provided it's not a retread. Jessica Jones has progressed dramatically and is a different person now. It may be my imagination, but it looks like Mack's drawing gives her a bit more maturity than she had before.

But I love Alias and also liked Pulse, so I'll be interested in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I'm shocked by the hate. I am interested, provided it's not a retread. Jessica Jones has progressed dramatically and is a different person now. It may be my imagination, but it looks like Mack's drawing gives her a bit more maturity than she had before.

But I love Alias and also liked Pulse, so I'll be interested in this.
    If it is done in the same tone as Alias then I'd be interested but if it is more in line with the MU spin off (Pulse?) then nope.

Astonishing Member

ALIAS was Bendis's best work in comics, IMHO. But I was never crazy about her being incorporated into the mainstream Marvel Universe, and have no plans on collecting the new series.

BANNED

I might have been interested if it were not Bendis writing. I didn't like Alias either in comic form or on Netflix, but I quite liked Jessica as a supporting character turned member in Cage's Avengers. Bendis is surely going to try to recapture the feel of Alias so I'll pass

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr`Orange View Post
    If it is done in the same tone as Alias then I'd be interested but if it is more in line with the MU spin off (Pulse?) then nope.
    I feel she almost has to be less self-destructive, in fairness.

The bad news is I don't think there will be nudity or profanity. The only way for that to work is to avoid crossovers with the major kid-friendly characters. But some of the more mature themes seem reasonable, even if Jessica is approaching it from a perspective of having her **** together now (as best as someone with a kid does).

No and I can't believe it was made into a show at all. It was a good show though

BANNED

No, thank you. I'm never again buying anything written by that horrible writer, Brian Michael Bendis.

I did think Jessica Jones from the Netflix series was a better character compared to her unlikeable comic counterpart. It was also a good show, much better than the Alias comic.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 07-12-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Invincible Member

I'm curious. I'm wondering if BMB will have Jess and Luke "separate" in order to mirror the show more.