Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I miss you...
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Would someone please explain to me the overabundance of teen aged and pre teen characters in these books? Although if the kid has a dragon, she may get a pass.

Mercenary Agent of Wolfram & Hart's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Yet another terrible team on an Iron Fist book.

Sigh.
    Agreed. Can we get something more like Immortal Iron Fist please?

I've said in the past that Marvel should get an Asian to write a run of Iron Fist. This one has an Asian as the artist, at least, which is nice to see. I actually thought Andrews' previous run was really cool, though I read it on Unlimited, rather than actually picking it up. But yeah, since this has an Asian co-lead and an Asian artist, I'll pick up the first issue to show my support for diversity.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Andrews gets another chance, that's really nice. I get a different vibe from this one, like how Morrison did Batman RIP and then some lighthearted buddy action in B&R.

Afu Chan is pretty damned talented from what Google shows me.

Glad to see Andrews continue and with Chan on art duties we're in for a treat with the visuals.

For those not familiar with Chan, check out some of his art here:

http://www.afuchan.com/illustration6.php

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie_1981 View Post
    Ugh! Kaare Andrews again, no please, I really like that Iron Fist has a new volume but I hated a lot the previous one.
    My thoughts exactly that was a truly awful book in both story line pacing and artwork!

Also pass

Didn't expect such a lukewarm reception.

I'm particularly glad they're picking up the plot from Living Weapon. It would've bothered me otherwise if they didn't.

I also get the vibe that this will be much different than Living Weapon too, especially after checking out Afu Chan's style, it seems like it could be utilized as a lighthearted book or a mystical kung fu book.

And to those concerned about all the teen heroes and diversity taking over Marvel, I feel like if anything, this is a right way to introduce them, seeing how Pei was actually developed beforehand and this doesn't come off as forced. It'll be interesting to see Danny in a mentor role for someone much more likable than Victor Alvarez lol. And I don't think anyone will have to worry about Danny being replaced for a long while, seeing how Pei is only 6...

Furthermore, the race discussion surrounding Iron Fist I feel has been indirectly addressed. And at least now, it gives the naysayers and advocates against Danny Rand and the apparent appropriation to put their money where their mouth is and actually support what they've been advocating for. I feel like this is a perfect compromise.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

Kaare Andrews and his inconsistent art style is hit or miss for me.

I remember LOVING his work back in Ultimate X-Men #23-24, when he was the guest artist. Then about 6 years later, I saw his work in that one Spider-Man book, where Peter was an old man with radioactive semen... so awful.

I might give this a chance, but akin to Champions, I am not going to enjoy looking at such hideous artwork, so the story has to be strong enough to keep me invested.

I'm new to Iron Fist, just getting into the character in preparation for the Netflix series. Who is that little Asian girl anyway? Is she Danny's half-sister or illegitimate daughter? :O

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Kaare Andrews and his inconsistent art style is hit or miss for me.

I remember LOVING his work back in Ultimate X-Men #23-24, when he was the guest artist. Then about 6 years later, I saw his work in that one Spider-Man book, where Peter was an old man with radioactive semen... so awful.

I might give this a chance, but akin to Champions, I am not going to enjoy looking at such hideous artwork, so the story has to be strong enough to keep me invested.

I'm new to Iron Fist, just getting into the character in preparation for the Netflix series. Who is that little Asian girl anyway? Is she Danny's half-sister or illegitimate daughter? :O
    Andrews isn't the artist here. Afu Chan is.

The little girl is from K'un-Lun. No relation to Danny. Just a girl that Danny's looking after.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Andrews isn't the artist here. Afu Chan is.

The little girl is from K'un-Lun. No relation to Danny. Just a girl that Danny's looking after.
    Oh wow, Andrews is the writer here! :O
    That promo art is misleading, they should have had a piece by Afu Chan. Do you have any samples of Chan's recent comic book work?

I hope Danny gets back together with Misty and they have a baby together. I LOVED Lucy from the Secret Wars: Secret Love one-shot.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 07-12-2016 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Sorry for my ignorance. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Oh wow, Andrews is the writer here! :O
    That promo art is misleading, they should have had a piece by Afu Chan. Do you have any samples of Chan's recent comic book work?

I hope Danny gets back together with Misty and they have a baby together. I LOVED Lucy from the Secret Wars: Secret Love one-shot.
    You can see some of his work here and also in the "Comic" section.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Séb View Post
    You can see some of his work here and also in the "Comic" section.
    AH! Thanks! ^_^

I remember that Avengers cover! Great composition and interesting line work.

Quote Originally Posted by Of Atlantis View Post
    Didn't expect such a lukewarm reception.

I'm particularly glad they're picking up the plot from Living Weapon. It would've bothered me otherwise if they didn't.

I also get the vibe that this will be much different than Living Weapon too, especially after checking out Afu Chan's style, it seems like it could be utilized as a lighthearted book or a mystical kung fu book.

And to those concerned about all the teen heroes and diversity taking over Marvel, I feel like if anything, this is a right way to introduce them, seeing how Pei was actually developed beforehand and this doesn't come off as forced. It'll be interesting to see Danny in a mentor role for someone much more likable than Victor Alvarez lol. And I don't think anyone will have to worry about Danny being replaced for a long while, seeing how Pei is only 6...

Furthermore, the race discussion surrounding Iron Fist I feel has been indirectly addressed. And at least now, it gives the naysayers and advocates against Danny Rand and the apparent appropriation to put their money where their mouth is and actually support what they've been advocating for. I feel like this is a perfect compromise.
    Ha, well, I'll admit, upon hearing about this new series, I did expect this kind of reaction. Indeed, I think it all comes down to how posters felt about Kaare Andrews' Iron Fist series. As many of us from the Iron Fist thread know, Andrews' take was either hit or miss. Speaking for myself, I particularly liked that reinterpretation of Danny's origin as well as the psychological journey that he went through. Yeah, it was a dark, disturbing, and perhaps inconsistent with past portrayals, but I still feel it made sense. Also, there was a happy ending to it. Danny did triumphantly overcome at the end of that series.

Furthermore, I agree with Of Atlantis' post. I'm also glad that they are picking up on this plot thread. Indeed, part of me thinks that someone may have been reading my posts! I've been on record as saying that I'd like to see the return of Pei (she's just so cute!), Danny serving as her mentor, and how ultimately that scenario would be a way of appeasing calls for Danny to no longer be Iron Fist and stop being labeled as a "mighty whitey white savior" character. So if anyone is angry at this new series, let me be the first to apologize for any part that I've played !

In any case, we'll see how this goes. Hopefully it'll go on for at least a 12 issue run. And I'm glad to see that the Power Man and Iron Fist series is still ongoing as well. Maybe a crossover? Looking forward to this!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

I'm not really a fan of kaare (no offence to him, just not my taste) but the art looks nice