Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows follow-up (ongoing?) by Gerry Conway and Ryan Stegman

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/...or-marvel-now/

Not a lot of details on this, or how it will work, but the new Marvel Now! (Marvel Now! 2016) is rumored to come with a follow-up to 2015's Secret Wars most successful tie-in, Renew Your Vows. By the writer that really first brought Peter and MJ together in the first place, Gerry Conway. Former Superior Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider artist Ryan Stegman on pencils.

(One thing, Rich. The daughter in RYV was named "Annie May," she was specifically not "Mayday.")

This is, for my money, the best announcement of Marvel Now! and the one I'm most unabashedly happy about .

We've got Conway writing Spider-Man again, writing Peter and Mary Jane again, with art by Ryan Stegman. That just seems like a naturally winning formula, especially compared to what's going on in ASM right now.

Well...it's this how OMD starts getting retconned?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    Well...it's this how OMD starts getting retconned?
    OR perhaps it will play out like DC rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    OR perhaps it will play out like DC rebirth.
    Classic Peter is going to die, somehow transfer his powers to Mary Jane, and we have an alternate Peter, MJ, and their kid hanging around?

Who would Annie have a team-up series with? Most children are either too young for her to hang out with (Danielle Cage, Gerry Drew) or too old (most of Power Pack, Kevin Masterson, Cassie Lang, Wiccan and Speed). If only Franklin and Val could come back with the rest of the Future Foundation.

BANNED

I wonder if this is a paralel universe where omd never happened, but there is hints of undoing it.

gerry conway is always nice to have

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Classic Peter is going to die, somehow transfer his powers to Mary Jane, and we have an alternate Peter, MJ, and their kid hanging around?

Who would Annie have a team-up series with? Most children are either too young for her to hang out with (Danielle Cage, Gerry Drew) or too old (most of Power Pack, Kevin Masterson, Cassie Lang, Wiccan and Speed). If only Franklin and Val could come back with the rest of the Future Foundation.
    Well, we've got a six year old Iron Fist now...

Very impressive creative team.

I'm surprised they got Stegman.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Really great news--it's about time, and I'm really looking forward to this title.

This is being treated as confirmed now and not still in rumor mode?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/07/...or-marvel-now/

Not a lot of details on this, or how it will work, but the new Marvel Now! (Marvel Now! 2016) is rumored to come with a follow-up to 2015's Secret Wars most successful tie-in, Renew Your Vows. By the writer that really first brought Peter and MJ together in the first place, Gerry Conway. Former Superior Spider-Man and Scarlet Spider artist Ryan Stegman on pencils.

(One thing, Rich. The daughter in RYV was named "Annie May," she was specifically not "Mayday.")

There's Moon Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Really great news--it's about time, and I'm really looking forward to this title.

It's legit. Several promotional images of other Marvel Now titles have surfaced online. Including a checklist that lists Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post

It's described as a scoop and not a rumor. But I haven't seen anyone else pick it up (unless they're specifically citing the Bleeding Cool piece.)

I changed the title to reflect that this is a claim by Bleeding Cool, rather than a rumor.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

/mini-rant

Please be real! Please be real!
    It looks like it's going to be real.

omg, I'm so hyped!! @_@; especially if it's a continuation of the Secret Wars story!!

ALL of Marvel's announcements have been lackluster but if this is true. Well, then this makes up for everything. And it's gonna be the only new Marvel Now 2.0 book that I will be getting. Cuz nothing could even come close to being as awesome as this.

I'm finally hyped about something Marvel is putting out.
    And more importantly, I'm FINALLY FINALLY excited about Spider-man again.
    Oh God, Marvel don't disappoint meeee.....

/mini-rant over
    . My Little Pony . ASM: Renew your Vows . Ms Marvel . Generation X . Doom Patrol . Super Man . The Flash . Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps . Trinity . Teen Titans . Super Sons . Mister Miracle . Saga . Paper Girls .

Yeah, so I hope and wait for this for close to a year and when I finally get over it and want to see 616 Mary Jane's story move forward, this actually appears. With Gerry frickin' Conway. I'm like MJ trying to distance herself from superheroes only for the world of superheroics to suck her back in.

I hope 616 MJ isn't completely put on the shelf though.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    There's Moon Girl.
    There's rumors of a New young Iron Fist.
    Young Young Avengers coming?