Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

I think if Aunt May knew about what Peter did and how he went about it, she would feel he made a mistake even in-spite of the happiness she's found with the life she was given with OMD. Not when Peter had to sacrifice his own happiness to the devil for it to happen.

Well the thing is other people don't get to choose when you decide to make sacrifices for them. That kind of negates the core aspect of agency which defines what a sacrifice actually is.

Sacrifice being the instrumental term, by definition a selfless act of giving up something of value for the sake of others.
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think if Aunt May knew about what Peter did and how he went about it, she would feel he made a mistake even in-spite of the happiness she's found with the life she was given with OMD. Not when Peter had to sacrifice his own happiness to the devil for it to happen.
    If you ask me May Reilly Parker has been dead since ASM#400 and what we got after that is just a clone created by Norman Osborn and Mephisto...

Really, retconning ASM #400 was a literal crime imo.

Amazing Member

I would just like to say I called Conway almost a year ago

http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post1507647

XD

Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    If you ask me May Reilly Parker has been dead since ASM#400 and what we got after that is just a clone created by Norman Osborn and Mephisto...

Really, retconning ASM #400 was a literal crime imo.
    my head canon likes your head canon
    troo fan or death

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Look at this good post.
    ^^^^^^^
    Thanks.
    I think we've stumbled on another problem with One More Day. Making a deal with the devil is starting to feel like the moral thing to do.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Well the thing is other people don't get to choose when you decide to make sacrifices for them. That kind of negates the core aspect of agency which defines what a sacrifice actually is.

Sacrifice being the instrumental term, by definition a selfless act of giving up something of value for the sake of others.
    Shame that OMD was anything but the definition of selfless. I'm pretty certain if May ever found out what happened she would have slapped Peter in the face and called him selfish and stupid for making a deal with a demon, especially since it had removed his marriage.

BANNED

Well I can't speak for others, but not on this front. There's a difference between "shifting goalposts" and actually acknowledging all factors perceived from properly dissecting the intricate melting pot of elements which is marketing and sales, rather than just running with whatever supports a preferred narrative and ignoring the rest. This time the series is truly will be standing on it's own legs with a lot less shock factor, so it'll be interesting to see how it does.
    No idea what you're on about with the "shock factor" stuff--the original mini was an alt-U just like this one. How much shock can that conceivably carry?

When it's a story anti-marriage types want to support, it's an unequivocal runaway hit. When it's something they don't agree with, it's: acknowledging all factors perceived from properly dissecting the intricate melting pot of elements which is marketing and sales.

I view this plot point as hanging.
    Right on--but now that about 9 years have gone by, I personally think they had / have no intention of following up on it. OMIT was meant to be the nail in the coffin of that story.

"Just leave, go on without me" = sickly person attempting not to burden others in about every film ever. But yes, let's let people die and not try to save them if we have the means!
    If the means involve Peter compromising his moral integrity in such a way, I think even May would be more than okay with being let go. But keep on threading that needle.

Look at this good post.
    ^^^^^^^
    Similar to Peter's demon-worship, one wonders what May would think about Peter obtaining his current corporate status with the help of a feverishly genocidal maniac.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Well, it will be nice to finally read an ongoing comic with Spider-Man in it again.

He's been gone for so long...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Shame that OMD was anything but the definition of selfless. I'm pretty certain if May ever found out what happened she would have slapped Peter in the face and called him selfish and stupid for making a deal with a demon, especially since it had removed his marriage.
    Peter and MJ lost alot with losing the marriage, though. They lost stability, security, the chance for raising a family together, the wedding day itself and that moment with all their friends and family, honeymoon, etc. They lost several years of living under the commitment that is marriage. Its a different state of being than being single and living together, too.

May, having had a happy marriage herself, would recognize the sacrifice. I doubt she would be angry so much as sad.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Similar to Peter's demon-worship
    It's hard to take any of your discussion points seriously when you make claims like this.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It's hard to take any of your discussion points seriously when you make claims like this.
    What would you call it? Does "demon-bargaining" make it easier to swallow?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Well, it will be nice to finally read an ongoing comic with Spider-Man in it again.

He's been gone for so long...

This

2099 is the only one I bother with lately.

MARVEL has portrayed OMD as a heroic sacrifice by Peter. I disagree!

OMD is the thematic antithesis of AMAZING FANTASY#15. Peter's decision to make the Deal with Mephisto was the single most Selfish and Irresponsible decision he has ever made since the day the Spider bit Him. It was a complete refutation of the concept that "With Great Power must also come Great Responsibility".

Peter sacrificed His future, His Love, His marriage and his unborn Children. Peter granted Mephisto both Power and Permission to irrevocably alter the History and Fate of seven billion human beings. He callously disregarded the needs and desires of everyone other than Himself. And for what? So that He wouldn't have to feel emotional pain and guilt. Peter's choice was an act of cowardice.

The second great sin of OMD was when they Satan Shamed MJ by making her complicit in Peter's decision. Under JMS' masterful pen MJ had become a strong willed, passionate woman who was emotionally tougher and more grounded than Peter ever will be! That is why She was Peter's ROCK! That MJ would have understood; As We understand, That no Good, Only Harm could come out of making a DEAL with the DEVIL. She would have stood with Peter and inspired Him to face up to His responsibilities as a Man, as a Husband and as a Son.

OMD is the most horrible Spider-Man story ever told. I honestly don't understand how anyone can defend such a vile portrayal of Peter and MJ.
    Last edited by Cosmic Spider; 07-26-2016 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Removed foul language.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

As a Mayday fan I say, welcome to the family Annie! I'm pretty sure both May and Benji would be happy to have a energetic sister like her running around.

In regard to the world, this might be an alternate take on the Battle world one. For all we know at this point it may be the world if the Regent didn't kill the Avengers.