Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Excited... ok, very excited to look forward to something Spider-Man related... But it's weird seeing the whole family dressed up hanging out in gear... hope it's not just them all doing the Spidey gig together the whole time. That's not exactly my idea of what appeals to me about the marriage. MJ works best not playing hero, at least not all the time... . Don't know what to think.... cautiously optimisic?!
    Last edited by Vortex85; 07-11-2016 at 04:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    They'll probably be okay. There doesn't seem to be a Dr. Doom in that universe, given that Peter and MJ had never heard of him before Regent claimed he wanted to fight the guy.
    What happens if Galactus shows up?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    What happens if Galactus shows up?
    Mary Jane lectures him about Earth being high in calories.

Galactus never stood a chance.

Is that how they actually did it on Ultimate?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Is that how they actually did it on Ultimate?
    No, it was a joke about Mary Jane being able to talk her way through anything. Peter was just imagining her stopping Galactus from eating Earth.

It was just a perfect response given the set-up you gave me.

The look on his face is priceless.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

So hyped about this, honestly 616 2.0 can go stuff it as long as I have this fun alternate reality to read about. Looking forwards to the adventures of the Parkers! (Even if it probably is kind of a response to Superdad, which ironically was a response to RYV in the first place?)

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    I wonder if clonespiricy is the final Dan Slott asm storyline.
    Long ago (like, before Secret Wars?) I read on some random 4chan thread that some insider claimed that Amazing Spider-Man is due for relaunch soon and Al Ewing etc are on short list to replace Dan Slott.
    The event indeed seems like something of a grand finale, giving the characters that are coming back.
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    On the flipside, this will make those that want the spider-marriage happy so... yay?
    I don't intend to be bitter about what's definitely cool news, but this just further kills any and all future chances of a Peter/MJ relationship in the regular continuity, which will (obviously) outlive this one effort.

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks
    Long ago (like, before Secret Wars?) I read on some random 4chan thread that some insider claimed that Amazing Spider-Man is due for relaunch soon and Al Ewing etc are on short list to replace Dan Slott.
    The event indeed seems like something of a grand finale, giving the characters that are coming back.
    IDK, I think he stated earlier this year that he's on board till 2018.

BTW is this replacing the main title? Because I don't see any mention of the actual Amazing Spider-Man in the checklist. Otherwise I'd be suspicious that this is going to be an arc like the original RYV and they'll return to normal afterwards...

Also I do hope that Peter can get back together in 616 2.0 regardless, especially since they look to be working together now she's Iron Spider?

iMan 42s

So long as Regent doesn't show up I'm into delving back into this. As much as I did kind of like RYV, Regent was the weakest part of it.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    BTW is this replacing the main title? Because I don't see any mention of the actual Amazing Spider-Man in the checklist. Otherwise I'd be suspicious that this is going to be an arc like the original RYV and they'll return to normal afterwards...

Also I do hope that Peter can get back together in 616 2.0 regardless, especially since they look to be working together now she's Iron Spider?
    I think the main title is supposed to continue, but it doesn't seem to be any kind of major promotion in place of the Clone Conspiracy story (formerly known as "Dead No More.")

616 MJ gave up on the idea of being Iron Spider and went back to work for Tony Stark. It doesn't seem like they're touching the Peter/MJ relationship in 616 for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    So long as Regent doesn't show up I'm into delving back into this. As much as I did kind of like RYV, Regent was the weakest part of it.
    Given I would assume that like X-Men '92's ongoing this will take place in its own universe and not on Battleworld, it's likely it's have its own elements, maybe takes on more classic Spidey continuity. I could see this being the new Spider Girl/MC2 title, effectively, though one can argue Spider Gwen does that already...

Wait did they die? Or did regent just beat them and put them in stasis tubes?