Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default The Carol Corps Enlists Stohl, Rosanas for New "Captain Marvel" Series

A new series sees Margaret Stohl and Ramon Rosanas guide Carol Danvers through the fallout of "Civil War II."

Full article here.

Was kinda hoping for a jazzy adjective to distinguish the relaunch. Dang.

Still, this sounds kinda neat, from what little there is to go on. That cover is especially promising. Only familiar with Stohl through that back-up part in the Mockingbird one-shot, which was...good? I think? That was a while back. And haven't read any Ant-Man in ever, so Rosanas is a total unknown to me.

Mostly I'm just content that CW2 fallout will be dealt with in an interesting fashion.
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

Will they keep relaunching Captain Marvel every year?
    Expected I guess.

Let me guess though, Spider-Woman who gets slightly more sales is cancelled but Captain Marvel gets relaunched? Really hoping I'm wrong.

Fantastic Member

how may times are they going to relaunch this book im sure when the movie come her popularity will rise but no matter how much marvel pushes her she still just a pretty decent maybe b list supporting character and why marvel decided to build civil war II around her is kinda of head scratrching

So...looks like we know who wins Civil War II.

Extraordinary Member

So many of Carol's comics feel like meta-commentaries on her level of fame, from the '00s series about her trying to become a more popular superhero to the recent attempts to pump up her importance within the Marvel Universe.

I did like Butters and Fazekas though, and wish they could have stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So...looks like we know who wins Civil War II.
    Now it's time to speculate who will Secretly infiltrate the superhuman community and which villain will Reign.

I'm guessing Hydra and Doom.

I love how 2 big events in a row, we basically know the ending to both no matter how much Marvel will deny it.

I don't think Spider-Woman is going to be cancelled anytime soon. Her latest was sold out at my LCS.

Either way I really like Margaret Stohl. I'm looking forward to this.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Well, I kinda like the concept, but I prefer the current creative team... At least Anka for sure.
    I somehow wrote Ewing as the artist. LOL.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 07-08-2016 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CBR News View Post
    A new series sees Margaret Stohl and Ramon Rosanas guide Carol Danvers through the fallout of "Civil War II."

Full article here.
    that sucks (for me not him). I loved Rosanas drawing Ant-Man.

Cool, glad Marvel is actually suggesting that Captain Marvel will deal with Civil War II instead of it possibly being swept under the rug. Plus this is just more proof that Captain Marvel wins, which means there's a higher chance that the "Infamous" Iron Man is actually Tony, and they're marketing Dr. Doom as a misdirect.
    In other news, it would really be nice if Marvel started appending Season #'s to these relaunches if they're really sticking to their TV series metaphor.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Hope it's good, glad they got another new writer. Carol has yet to work for me, so hope she actually is written well this time.

BANNED

How many reboots does it take? How many has it been?

Man, I was really loving the current creative team. Hopefully the new ones actually touch on the Mar-Vell legacy like the current run has been.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven