Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Spreading them into other books so they can eventually get rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    ...So naturally just dump all your black characters into a book starring a black character... as a proud black man I say: "seems legit".

But this is... interesting. Not like I was buying any X-Men books outside of Deadpool/Gambit anyway. I hope Ultimates doesnt get canceled, or I'm going to be due for another comic book hiatus.
    As one black person to another...black people can hang out without other races around.

Nobody says **** when Thor, Captain (Steve) America and Tony go out for drinks. Just saying,
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight1047 View Post
    Can someone explain to me the evolution of Marvel's decision to take one of their best franchises and throw it in the garbage? I just don't get it.
    Myself and a large chunk of the community believe Marvel is cutting off their nose to spite their face... The books at this point serve as nothing more than advertising for Disney/Marvel. Us, the readers fuel hype and provide information for those that known nothing about the lore and basis of the movies they produce. It's theorized that Disney believes if they take the X-Men (a Fox owned movie franchise) out of the books, their popularity will eventually nose dive as there will be no one left talking about them, except in the past tense. Interest in the Fox movies will wain. Fox will have no more comics to base their movies on and eventually lose their fandom and steam forcing them to come back to the negotiating table, or hand over the X-Men rights altogether (possibly for money). This is a long ball approach and will take years to work, if ever.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post

Nobody says **** when Thor, Captain (Steve) America and Tony go out for drinks. Just saying,
    Who? The Blue eye brigade? (what I called them when they had Havok too) I say $#%^ all the time about that... The only reason it's taken this long for Black Panther to be introduced (cinematically) is because Marvel wasnt sure if they could make money off of a black character headlining a MCU movie. That's been talked about for a while now, and business wise, when you're talking about millions or billions of dollars... it makes sense. It'd be like opening a GAP down on Martin Luther King BLVD (if you understand, you understand). Good luck with that. Can say the same about Captain Marvel. Marvel has gotten to the point where they know they can sell anything as long as they have that Marvel logo on it. Guardian's proved that and opened the floodgates for more "risky" endeavors.
    Last edited by donpricetag; 07-11-2016 at 01:01 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

This is... distressing. I guess it's finally happened.
    RIP X-Men
    1963-2016
    Last edited by nx01a; 07-13-2016 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Marvel is pushing so much crap that it is even hard to believe it is true.

Seriously though... So Marvel is suspending all X-Books [for the duration of Death of X]?
    Way to try to force readers to pick up the 'Inhumans Win!' vehicle miniseries.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

When Death of Wolverine was announced, we thought it would be the 4-miniseries and only that, but then there was Logan's Legacy, that book with the Weapon X people, and Wolverines. That was all announced later.

We're probably gonna get some news about new books next month for November, which lines up with when the X-books launched last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Marvel is pushing so much crap that it is even hard to believe it is true.
    Because they keep trying to get younger people to start the hobby. Someone should remind marvel that their books are $4-5 and issue and no kid is going to spend that much money on one.

Honestly, after all the fake outs with Cap and Iron Man and what not. People should really at the very least try to be patient. Yes, they want to feed your angst and anger, cause let's face it it has worked wonders for them. But seriously, why instant panic mode when all these examples being so recent

Fantastic Member

Cyclops die

X-men die

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Grey View Post
    Honestly, after all the fake outs with Cap and Iron Man and what not. People should really at the very least try to be patient. Yes, they want to feed your angst and anger, cause let's face it it has worked wonders for them. But seriously, why instant panic mode when all these examples being so recent
    Lol this gets said everytime. I'm sure there will be something but there's no reason to believe they're interested in the franchise

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by bubibartra View Post
    Cyclops die

X-men die
    In that order, and storm leaves for BP solo

They're probably going to come back after the end of Death of X.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They're probably going to come back after the end of Death of X.
    but then death of x is more than the death of cyclops

it may be that almost all the mutants die, as seen in the image and Cyclops do something to restore but only few remember it....