All-New Member

Default DC Rebirth concerns

Question 1 :
    Will memories, to whomever it may be applicable to, of the pre-flashpoint timeline be restored to the rest of DCU ? So far heroes such as Wonder woman, Aquaman and likely many others arent showing any signs recollection.

Question 2 : Since, as far i know, Pre-Flashpoint and New 52 Superman are the same person, shouldnt Batman or Wally clear that up for the older (original) Superman by now?. Can you imagine how the older superman would feel if he realized that it was actually his younger albeit new 52 self that died? It would be profoundly saddening, weird and awesome all at the same time! It would reinforce Superman's commitment to the League.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by spaceghost View Post
    Question 2 : Since, as far i know, Pre-Flashpoint and New 52 Superman are the same person, shouldnt Batman or Wally clear that up for the older (original) Superman by now?. Can you imagine how the older superman would feel if he realized that it was actually his younger albeit new 52 self that died? It would be profoundly saddening, weird and awesome all at the same time! It would reinforce Superman's commitment to the League.
    Pre-Flashpoint Superman and New 52 Superman are no more the same person than either of them are the same as any other alternate universes Clark Kent.

There like a bag of spearmint gum drops.

Question 1 :
    Will memories, to whomever it may be applicable to, of the pre-flashpoint timeline be restored to the rest of DCU ? So far heroes such as Wonder woman, Aquaman and likely many others arent showing any signs recollection.
    Patience. There have been what, a maximum of two or three issues so far for any given series? If this is going to happen, it's going to be an overarching theme of all the books, I expect. Give it time.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

BANNED

Question 1 :

1. I don't believe so.

2. Well, OK, lets revisit the context here. What we learned in Rebirth is that all of the heroes are the same people as before Flashpoint, just with their histories changed. So by that definition, the two Supermen should not have been able to meet. Pre-Flashpoint Superman thinks that his timeline ended, and a completely new one started with different versions of the heroes. So he doesn't see any reason why the two of them shouldn't have been able to meet. Wally knows that that is not the case, but probably hasn't even gotten to meet the preF Superman so they couldn't have had that conversation. Same with Batman. We, as readers, know the two should not have been able to meet (because they are supposed to be the same person) but in Rebirth preF Superman was told that he might not be who he thinks he is. So it's possible the real preF Superman was transformed into the new52 Superman, and the person walking around thinking he is the preF Superman is something or someone else.

Maybe the current Superman is actually Superboy Prime

I'd love it if the current Superman is actually not pre-FP Superman at all but the new 52 one is. But I'm not so sure if that's where they want to go. If anything one gets the feeling right now they'll do whatever retconning necessary to make Superdad the one true guy and make the New 52 Superman something else. Again, totally unappealing to me and a potential revelation I'm absolutely dreading, but if I had to guess right now that's the direction I'd go. But I'd prefer your scenario, greatly. Not that he's not really a Superman at all, that idea sucks and would be an insult to either version, just a different version from whom he believes, somehow. I think the Convergence origins leave a lot of mysteries for him and his family's origins where it'd be very easy to come up with some shocking reveals in that empty space. IOW there'd be far, far less tangibly written canon material to actually have to retcon. It'd be reveals, not rewrites. If they make New 52 Superman someone else, EVERYTHING has to be retconned.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-11-2016 at 07:11 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

2. Reality was changed at the end of Flashpoint. Reality, all of it. Not just the characters on a one for one basis. Superman not being present for 'the end' of the pre-Flashpoint reality (see Convergence) does not prevent Superman from existing as far as reality was concerned when it was rewritten. That is just comics. So, basically, Superman split. He exists as before Flashpoint, and he exists as a result of Flashpoint.

My guess is the villains did a good job in changing reality when they stole the missing years. I do not really expect anybody to remember the missing years. Somebody seems to have helped Wally escape the memory wipe altho he still lost many years including wife and kids. As for who is the real superman, it is probably not an important question since superman is not that popular compared to Batman.

I agree. It could be as simple as that. I've made that argument before with my OS analogy. When you upgrade an operating system on your PC, there is no inherent difference between an updated system file, and a system file that didn't exist on the computer at the time but was newly created. They're still files created for this OS. That pre-52 Superman was at one point lifted out of time by Brainiac, should not mean that some sort of placeholder or something that's npt quite as "real" had to be made up to fill in that absence. If everything got rewritten, then it doesn't matter that Batman and Wonder Woman were overwritten and Superman was created newly. Its irrelevant to the completed upgrade. So they can easily just say they're both the Superman of this world, one just before changes and one after. Whether that's the plan I don't know, but it certainly makes sense within the confines of what we're told happened.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

All-New Member

Sorry, i dont think that is correct. Pre-Flashpoint DCU and New 52 are not multiversal counterparts. New 52 is essentially the same pre-flashpoint DCU with its history/timeline altered. Old and New 52 are able to exist in the same space by virtue, if im not wrong, of the Convergence series or some other cosmic event that allowed for the original Supes to enter the New 52 timeline.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SSJMorales View Post
    Pre-Flashpoint Superman and New 52 Superman are no more the same person than either of them are the same as any other alternate universes Clark Kent.
    Sorry, i dont think that is correct. Pre-Flashpoint DCU and New 52 are not multiversal counterparts. New 52 is essentially the same pre-flashpoint DCU with its history/timeline altered. Old and New 52 are able to exist in the same space by virtue, if im not wrong, of the Convergence series or some other cosmic event that allowed for the original Supes to enter the New 52 timeline.

All-New Member

[QUOTE=Caivu;2156669]Patience. There have been what, a maximum of two or three issues so far for any given series? If this is going to happen, it's going to be an overarching theme of all the books, I expect. Give it time.[/QUOTE
    I agree.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    1. I don't believe so.

2. Well, OK, lets revisit the context here. What we learned in Rebirth is that all of the heroes are the same people as before Flashpoint, just with their histories changed. So by that definition, the two Supermen should not have been able to meet. Pre-Flashpoint Superman thinks that his timeline ended, and a completely new one started with different versions of the heroes. So he doesn't see any reason why the two of them shouldn't have been able to meet. Wally knows that that is not the case, but probably hasn't even gotten to meet the preF Superman so they couldn't have had that conversation. Same with Batman. We, as readers, know the two should not have been able to meet (because they are supposed to be the same person) but in Rebirth preF Superman was told that he might not be who he thinks he is. So it's possible the real preF Superman was transformed into the new52 Superman, and the person walking around thinking he is the preF Superman is something or someone else.

Maybe the current Superman is actually Superboy Prime
    PreF superman transforming into the New52 Supes would be too problematic i think. Im afraid It'll also
    make a pre-f supes background unneccessarily complex.

But i overlooked that mysterious hooded robed guy thats been around since New 52 Supes was alive. Thanks! Regarding Superboy prime, awww hale
    no. Please no. lawd have mercy!

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    There like a bag of spearmint gum drops.
    Where like a bag of spearmint gum drops?!!

superdad came with his lois and the child... I do not see any possible error here(and I want see errors)... with my superman, for superdad existence they are able to invent anything, even if this superman has been a hero for 5 years.

DC continues with the nonsense of "people have forgotten something"..

If in the end only remains the child ... It would be something like the past. Superboy is the son of superman in a way... but this is imposible,

I doubt Superdad stories can fail in a way to continue with the N52 Superman..Convergence fail and see this.. but truth was a disaster and had negative consequences..
    Last edited by adrikito; 07-12-2016 at 10:11 AM.