Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Actually I'm interested in her. But she's too young. This is WRONG!!!

At least Janet joins Uncanny Avengers! Let's hope lots of her appearances in Unstoppable Wasp too.

By the way the title is stupid. It's not even alliterative, and it reminds me of Juggernaut and Colossus.

Anyone knows anything about the writer?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Actually I'm interested in her. But she's too young. This is WRONG!!!

At least Janet joins Uncanny Avengers! Let's hope lots of her appearances in Unstoppable Wasp too.

By the way the title is stupid. It's not even alliterative, and it reminds me of Juggernaut and Colossus.

she's probably just as old as Janet was when she started Wasp-ing (and 3 x as resourceful).

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    she's probably just as old as Janet was when she started Wasp-ing (and 3 x as resourceful).
    Nadia is supposed to be 16 (which is logical by Marvel timescale) while Janet was probably 20 or 21 when we first met her. She was going out to clubs and such, so she was clearly of legal age.

Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    Nadia is supposed to be 16 (which is logical by Marvel timescale) while Janet was probably 20 or 21 when we first met her. She was going out to clubs and such, so she was clearly of legal age.
    drinking age was 18 for New Yorkers. and Nadia still seems a bit more independent than your average teen.

drinking age was 18 for New Yorkers. and Nadia still seems a bit more independent than your average teen.
    Given Hank Pym's current status, would it not be difficult for Nadia to obtain legal status in U.S.? Drinking would be the least of her problem.

Pym was legally dead, and Janet was divorced from Pym so she was her ex-step-mother so that won't work too, right?

Who will sponsor her residency/citizenship then?

Do Avengers have special program with government to cover these headaches?
    “If you want to really see a road map of where our movies will be (going) in the next five, 10 or 20 years, read the comics,” says Joe Quesada, Marvel’s chief creative officer. “Because they’re almost always a precursor to what’s on the horizon in our cinematic universe and our television universes.”

Looks ok. Hope Hank pops up at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    Does Harley Quinn Make People Poop rainbows?
    Makes me barf rainbows.😝

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    That he's fantastic. He writes the much-acclaimed Princeless comics, including the spin-off, Raven: Pirate Princess. He's a great writer, staunchly feminist with a strong voice. Whitely is the reason I will be picking this book up.

As an aside, Whitley is also a writer who makes a real effort to work with female artists, specifically because he's aware of his privileges as a male. So it's no surprise he's working with a female artist here.

As for Avengers: Mike Del frigging Mundo. Hell yes. Del Mundo is phenomenal.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    That he's fantastic. He writes the much-acclaimed Princeless comics, including the spin-off, Raven: Pirate Princess. He's a great writer, staunchly feminist with a strong voice. Whitely is the reason I will be picking this book up.

As an aside, Whitley is also a writer who makes a real effort to work with female artists, specifically because he's aware of his privileges as a male. So it's no surprise he's working with a female artist here.

When you put it like that, he's the perfect writer for a book like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post

Yeah I checked out his twitter account and he's using Monica as profile pic from his Civil War II tie-in, so that's a plus for me - Not sure about feminist part you mentioned, there are just so many shades of feminist.

I saw the artist style is pretty cute too, very suitable for teen like Nadia.

I'm happy Nadia is getting a strong and popular writer for her solo. Hopefully he gets to write Janet quite a bit in his run as well .

Doom looks like the Green Lantern/Iron Man algamation w/ lee press-on claws.

Where is that image from?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Where is that image from?
    Iron Lantern, one of the Amalgam comics Marvel and DC put out in the '90s.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm happy Nadia is getting a strong and popular writer for her solo. Hopefully he gets to write Janet quite a bit in his run as well .
    she's supposed to be Nadia's mentor, irrc. should be fun. I give it 2 issues max before Whirlwind shows up.

Wonder if Scott Lang will make appearance. Hope so cuz looks like his ongoing title is ending.