Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Beautiful art. Can't wait to read it .

A Themyscira with grand architecture again - yes.

Amazons who are dressed in different fashions and designs (especially love Hippolyta's costume design) - Yes!

Steve FINALLY in the Wonder Woman book - YES!

Good stuff - Nicola's art is gorgeous, as always. Looks like we have a promising new era of Wonder Woman.

BANNED

The art is sublime, often artists just focus on the foreground and neglect the background but here everything is exceptionally well-rendered. Well done girl

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I meant that GPS is a fairly recent development. It would seem to rule out some possibilities as to when this is taking place.
    You know what, I completely missed that they mention a GPS. I only focused on the uniforms.

Either way, I'm glad Diana's year one/origin is set in modern day, so aces.

I figured it would be set in modern day. Cause that would make Steve and Etta immortal.

I like the art very much.
    Diana and Hippolyta are gorgeous
    I look forward to picking this up Wednesday.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Pretty "Blah" reworking of old ideas. Not much of a "This Should Be The Concrete Background Going Forward..." feel to what is in the preview.

That's a pretty harsh judgement considering we've only seen a few pages of the 1st issue of the Year One story. I doubt we'll know Diana's definite origin until at least issue 10 of the new series.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Granted, it appears that Diana is becoming Wonder Woman in the modern world but Rucka mentioned that Diana could have ties to World War II. I'm wondering if perhaps some other Amazon fought the Nazis in WW II(not as Wonder Woman) and the common folks of the present recognize Diana as being yet another Amazon. Maybe it was Hippolyta, Myrna Black, or even Artemis?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    That's a pretty harsh judgement considering we've only seen a few pages of the 1st issue of the Year One story. I doubt we'll know Diana's definite origin until at least issue 10 of the new series.
    I'm just not seeing anything in the preview that feels like it being the best possible combination of the old ideas if it does wind up being what writers will be building on going forward.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Granted, it appears that Diana is becoming Wonder Woman in the modern world but Rucka mentioned that Diana could have ties to World War II. I'm wondering if perhaps some other Amazon fought the Nazis in WW II(not as Wonder Woman) and the common folks of the present recognize Diana as being yet another Amazon. Maybe it was Hippolyta, Myrna Black, or even Artemis?
    Well we already know Amazons have left the Island before. So its not out of the Question of Amazons effecting history.

I would be 100% comfortable with the comic and movie Wonder Woman not being related beyond the
    costume, unless it makes the comic and movie Wonder Woman better.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Ugh, I do not need the reincarnated cavewomen crap brought back. It's needlessly convoluted.

Everything else is wonderful though. Glad the much talked about scene of Diana looking at the horizon finally saw the light of day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Kasia is a new Amazon, isn't she? The mouth-breathing fanboy in me keeps asking "why not Mala?!" But whatevs, we got Philippus. <3
    I hear ya on the Mala thing, but I guess we have to pick our battles. Even getting Philippus back is like a small victory.

I'm just not seeing anything in the preview that feels like it being the best possible combination of the old ideas if it does wind up being what writers will be building on going forward.
    It's the Perez era Amazons with the likely addition of the Zeus origin. Beyond that, there isn't much more they need to reference or combine into this. It's a perfectly solid foundation.

Yeah, the reincarnation thing was always lame. Too bad its being brought back. Everything else reads well though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

This was very pleasant

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, the reincarnation thing was always lame. Too bad its being brought back. Everything else reads well though.
    I don't think so, It probably means that they had lives before paradise. they weren't born/reborn there

never mind, but I think it is interesting. so many women die tragically without a chance, it is somehow conforting knowing they got a 2 nd chance
    Last edited by Tayswift; 07-11-2016 at 07:18 PM.