Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Nightwing: Rebirth #1 Discussion

Preview:

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/nightwing-rebirth-preview/

Way early for such a thread, but since the preview's out so close to Wednesday, whatever.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

It's good. Don't like the faces but the rest of the art is fine.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

I can never get enough of Dick and Damian . This looks pretty good. Like a continuation of Grayson. Which is cool. Except for the thought boxes. Grayson didnt have those. Thats ok though.

I don't mind the thought boxes. But the panels look, and read, as if they are in the wrong order (coming to Damian's favorite game should come immediately after Dick's memories of his parents).

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    I don't mind the thought boxes. But the panels look, and read, as if they are in the wrong order (coming to Damian's favorite game should come immediately after Dick's memories of his parents).
    Wasn't it a two page spread that was split up? Caught me off guard a bit too.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Wasn't it a two page spread that was split up? Caught me off guard a bit too.
    Yeah, that's what it is. Seeley just confirmed it on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    I can never get enough of Dick and Damian . This looks pretty good. Like a continuation of Grayson. Which is cool. Except for the thought boxes. Grayson didnt have those. Thats ok though.
    I wonder if the narration boxes are back full time, or just for the Rebirth issue? It looks very much like this is Dick taking stock of his life and the ways in which it's about to change, and looking back on his time in Spyral. It's pretty useful to get his inside voice for that.

The banter with Damian in his outside voice is adorable though. Good to see them both off duty and hanging out together just because.

I might end up picking up Nightwing regularly thanks to his bromance with Midnighter.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I'm not crazy about the art, but it's Nightwing.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Dzetoun View Post
    Somehow I totally didn't pick up on this. "I was like Helena was rewarding and punishing Dick? What?! I clearly missed some subtext."
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

BANNED

Is it just me or is Damian a little out of character? Since when did he start acting like such a normal kid? And I usually like Yanick Paquette but this seems a little phoned in. Maybe he's overworked at the moment.

BANNED

Writing is bad, art is awful. Even dick seems out of character there. Hopefully it picks up.

This looks rushed. Paquette is usually one of my favorite artists, but something seems off here.

I don't know if it was an intentional artistic choice or not but I loved how bored Dick looked fighting on the crane. The art is a little rough, there's a few weird faces with a sort of pinched look to them. On the other hand Helena looked amazing, the best version of her new costume I've seen so far. I can't wait until Wednesday

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm going to trust Seeley here and wait to read the entire issue but nothing about this preview really grabbed me to be honest. The art looks a bit rushed to me and those narration boxes annoyed me more so then usual because we went so long without them in relation to the character. All in all this preview was just...there.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG