Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

So.... Does this make Miles and Gwen swingers? Or is that... spinners?

I kid, I kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    1000?
    Let's hope Miles and Gwen aren't the type to do it on the side of a building. No matter how kinky that may be.
    Well with Miles' camo ability they'd at least be able to do it somewhat subtlety.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post

So it's an actual crossover between the two titles, not a random one-off.
    Cover's lie. There aren't even any trees.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Seriously. I made one comment in jest at the beginning of this thread, and everyone freaks out. But that seemed to happen all across the internet, so I'm starting to suspect it wasn't actually my off-hand comment.

Bendis was right. Comic characters locking lips really does get people talking. (But with the amount of discussion, you'd have thought they paired up a Gwen Stacy with a Norman Osborn again. )
    Yeah, well, it gets worse when a blog needs clicks.

They should bring back Ultimate Gwen and have her be with Ganke. 'Legoshipping' :P
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Quote Originally Posted by neonrideraryeh View Post
    They should bring back Ultimate Gwen and have her be with Ganke. 'Legoshipping' :P
    Did Bendis ever tell us what exactly Ganke gave to Gwen?
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Did Bendis ever tell us what exactly Ganke gave to Gwen?

COOTIES!, That'll learn Her.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajikaru View Post
    So.... Does this make Miles and Gwen swingers? Or is that... spinners?

I kid, I kid.
    And I laugh because that joke put a genuine smile on my face.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post

another thing worth nothing is that despite the cover they never really went out nor shared any romantic interactions with eachother.
    That's because Cyclops got removed for a solo book, so the intended ANXM storyline was given to Angel instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Model 1911A1 Cal .45 View Post
    It's a swerve. It's actually Ms. Marvel shapeshifted as Spider-Gwen.
    Kamala would have no reason to do that. She also can't imitate powers, so how would she be able to hang upside down like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Who knows. Marvel doesn't really have any rules for how the multi-verse works. May is 16 in Spider-Verse too. And the whole MC2 was always nebulous in whether it was in the present or the future.
    MC2 was 13 years in the future, and started in 1998. It was therefore originally set in the year 2011. Source: Issue 1 of Spider-Girl, on a special editorial page that also advertised the other two MC2 books and explained about Marvel Adventures subscriptions being moved over.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    That could apply to anyone who's from a universe that's not destroyed. Including every person in 616. Hell how would she even know he's an alt universe refugee? Far as she could tell he could be one of the 50+ spiders thats always been in 616
    Gwen should know about Miles being from Earth-1610, as she will have met him and Ultimate Jessica Drew back in Spider-Verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Kamala would have no reason to do that. She also can't imitate powers, so how would she be able to hang upside down like that?
    Possibly, By forming hundreds of small sucker shaped depressions on the surface of Her skin, Or reshaping the ends of her fingers so they are like those of a tree frog.
    Life is the algorithm through which Goddess explores the infinite possibilities of Her own existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Spider View Post
    Possibly, By forming hundreds of small sucker shaped depressions on the surface of Her skin, Or reshaping the ends of her fingers so they are like those of a tree frog.
    Or the even simpler solution, at least for the spider-man #12 cover, is she's just holding on to him since we can't see her arms.

Spectacular Member

ugh enough with these fucking crossovers. It's like they don't even understand what makes Gwen's book good in the first place.

This age gap just keeps shrinking, I just saw a tweet Latour made yesterday saying the gap was two years.

To give my own thoughts on this topic and previews as Spider-Gwen is the character who got me into comics and I love her and her series very much the previews did make me a bit shocked and baffled. But also a bit interested and caught my attention beyond majority of the other previews I saw.
    Now to cover a few things that people here are talking about.

Gwen being 18-19 and Miles being 16 makes them legal. Both are teens and within the legal 4 years age difference. Come into adulthood the age factors is really small (2-3 years which isn't a big difference at all). The age factor their is nothing strange about it at all. Usually we see teens dating teens of the exact age or the male is slightly 1-2 years older (in fact I'm certain we have had tons of tales where a teen female is dating a more adult aged person or close to adulthood while she is mid-teens and people have not made a fuss about that). So age wise i see no problems.

Universe difference: Miles lives on 616 while Gwen lives on 65. The worlds apart I can see being a problem however I think both has a dimensional hopper device so in the end it's alot like taking the bus to ride over a bridge to see your romantic partner (though since it's intast hopping the time to hop to one earth to another seems very quick). I don't know if they can "call" each other before making the hop to ensure the other isn't busy with some sort of adventure or team business or public life stuff but if both have the free time to see each other the trip seems fast.
    Gwen has hanged out with Jessica and Cindy before shown even in the recent Annual on her world and theirs and even in the series Power Man and Iron Fist #2 they were hanging out together while Jessica was telling Gwen about some of the people living on 616. Possibly that when with Jessica her mentor some trouble brewed up and she bumped into Miles and Miles and her remembered each other from the Spider-Verse event but never got a chance to talk before. However it's up in the air how the two properly met and interacted together.

This next few parts is my biggest concerns:

Interaction experience
    Writers
    Focus and what each can bring to the other's tales and developments without stealing the main character spotlight overall.

As many have wrote these two having shared any real time together to form a chemistry and logical formations for a love potential interest for each other. Now the matter is we can speculate till the issues get here but in the end nothing is certain and speculations have constantly been a case of poor accuracy. We know nothing. Maybe a time skip again or other factors that we have yet to see and know about. Overall we have to wait till ths issues come out to get a better idea on how this will be handled and how it was formed. Till then we have only confusion and speculation but no facts only hopes and despairs and our imaginations of possibilities that might or might not happen.

We don't know the behind the scene of how this ideas came about. We don't know if the two writer met. We don't know if one had the idea and convinced the other or both got forced into making this happen. We don't know that if we are reading only one series will we miss important things requiring both or will we be fine just following are one series not requiring getting two series. We don't know the process that the two writers will keep the other informed of something major happening on their series that can affect things.
    Also how will Latour write Miles? How will Bendis write Gwen? I find among many things how strong and the characters consisting of charazations and running developments can shift with a new writer for characters. How the writer feels and sees a character could be very different from another writer or you personality. I felt like Gwen Stacy of Earth-65 charazation was off in her time on Web Warriors series (she wasn't bad or really much OOC for me but among many weaknesses I felt there was something that didn't feel the same with original writer's Latour Earth-65 Gwen Stacy). So everytime a new writer comes on broad writing for or about a character and their mindsets and charazations the shift can happen. Now Bendis 1610 Gwen and Earth-65 Gwen has a very similar vibe plus I for the most part really liked Bendis 1610 Gwens over some other characters he wrote for so while I'm still a bit worried but I'm also hopeful. Latour's presentation and characterization of Miles is a wild card but I also feel less worried as Latour and many other writers has done a good job with Miles so far (I got to know Miles from the ANAD Avengers first and enjoy his time in other series from other writers then Bendis).
    I care alot about how Bendis will write and present to other readers who might be reading for the first time this Gwen Stacy/Spider-Woman. If he doesn't do a great job and hurts her perception with others vs having others fansantied then I'm preparing my voice to be ready for that. I plan to go outside and in the style of Kirk shouting "KHAAAAAAN" I will shout "BENDIIIIIIS"!

Finally I'm certain Miles fans who are reading Spider-Man will not like gwen taking time away just like how Gwen fans will not like Gwen's time being taken away for the other. Spotlight stealing except at a few times when done well for a reason. If the other can be a great love interest but also a superb supporting character as well then things can go smoothly and help both characters gain a bigger fanbase adding "Shippers". If not expect fan uproar where both sides of fans will complain about the other which will not be fun to read on this site.

Here hoping for good things for these characters, series, writers, artists and every other series coming out also. It's better to live in positive hope and fairness.

As we were all probably thinking there won't be anything coming from this considering they'll still be teasing Miles/Kamala next month in All New All Different Avengers Annual next month.
    CnVEcxAW8AAFsoP.jpg