Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    What does Spider-Gwen have to do with 616 Peter's life?
    Peter's life in general. rather not take his girlfriend after everything Miles has done.

Mighty Member

Peter has nothing to do with Spider-Gwen.

But of the same facet. Miles has even less. Which with the added aspect of the age difference and universe difference makes it all the more incredibly awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Peter's life in general. rather not take his girlfriend after everything Miles has done.
    Spider-Gwen is not his girl friend. She wasn't even romantically involved with her universe's peter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post

But of the same facet. Miles has even less. Which with the added aspect of the age difference and universe difference makes it all the more incredibly awkward.

Spider-Gwen is not his girl friend. She wasn't even romantically involved with her universe's peter.
    I'm presuming Bendis main attention is because of the fact that Spider Gwen is part of the "Next Gen" of heroes. If you notice, Miles hasn't really been seen much around the old school heroes outside of his time on ANAD Avengers. Most of his interactions have been with Kamala, Sam, Cho, if I remember correctly he even had a cover sharing flight with Thor. So that's the commonality tie I can see with them. Outside of that, there's nothing really. But there's all different type of reasons for people to hook up so we'll see how things go.

Mighty Member

I still don't have to like it, cause it's still really off-putting and far away from where Gwen is as a character in continuity right now(And in the future cause she's going symbiote).

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It could reflect modern society where people hook up with those they meet in wierd subcultures.
    That would make for an interesting bit of social commentary and it would open a different set of problems for Miles that Peter didn't have to face.

This is going to feel really weird and awkward....

I mean, Gwen's the alternate universe version of a girl who Peter loved and who Miles will probably know of as long-dead and remembered on 616, while thanks to having his memories of the Ultimate Universe, he should still remember Ultimate Gwen and the friendship they had.

I can't even imagine how Ganke might react

Astonishing Member

I still don't have to like it, cause it's still really off-putting and far away from where Gwen is as a character in continuity right now(And in the future cause she's going symbiote).
    Well of course you don't have to like it. Hell there's people who don't like the fact that miles date superpower heroines and prefer for him to date normal women. So I don't think anyone's expecting anyone to have to like anything. But I'm definitely intrigued and curious as to where this is going.

This is incredibly... whatever. So the point to make Miles Morales totes differently than Peter Parker is him making out with a version of Gwen Stacy? Mindblowing stuff.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

BANNED

i meant Peter's life in general like it feels like Miles is taking things from Peter.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

So what's going on in Spider-Gwen #15? Are these two having a crossover?

Mighty Member

I don't want Gwen's life leading to this

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    but he is WAY too young for her and has interfered with Peter's life long enough.
    Gwen is 19 (as per the Spider-Gwen Annual). Miles is 16.

Now that I think about it this could always just be weird spider powers shenanigans or it could actually be Gwenpool under that mask considering the other cover the two share and this is just typical Deadpool-esque character weirdness.

Covers lie.
    However if this were true it wouldn't be a great plot point by any means. Especially for Gwen who hasn't benefited from all the universe-jumping shenanigans IMHO.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Covers lie.
    However if this were true it wouldn't be a great plot point by any means. Especially for Gwen who hasn't benefited from all the universe-jumping shenanigans IMHO.
    Spider-Women was a fun crossover.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.