Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast
    Amazing Member

From the checklist...

- Jessica Jones
    - Moon Knight
    - Spider-man: Miles Morales
    - Thanos
    - Unworthy Thor

In TPB or HC in a couple of years provided these titles can be understood by themselves (no crossovers).

I'm not crazy about this lineup... maybe there are some hidden gems (I would keep an eye on Rosenberg, his work in Black Mask is great) , but marvel needs to produce at least twenty issues of something without me wondering why the **** now Hulka is a fox terrier from mars or whatever...

Too much continuity, too many derivative titles.

Sigh... I guess Image and Dark Horse will continue being my principal source of comics.
    Last edited by Alhazred; 07-12-2016 at 02:53 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Alhazred View Post
    From the checklist...

- Jessica Jones
    - Moon Knight
    - Spider-man: Miles Morales
    - Thanos
    - Unworthy Thor

In TPB or HC in a couple of years provided these titles can be understood by themselves (no crossovers).

I'm not crazy about this lineup... maybe there are some hidden gems (I would keep an eye in Rosenberg, his work on Black Mask is great) , but marvel needs to produce at least twenty issues of something without me wondering why the **** now Hulka is a fox terrier from mars or whatever...

Sigh... I guess Image and Dark Horse will continue being my principal source of comics.
    I dont see the Moon Knight cover anywhere?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Random4 View Post
    Vernedi.....would you agree that it somewhat seems Marvel has no idea what it's plan is with all these constant relaunches after every crossover

i mean we just had ANAD and now were transitioning to Marvel NOW 2.0

it seems like DC has a much better feel for where their going with Rebirth, it seems like they have a long drawn plan

while Marvel just comes up with ideas and runs with them out of the blue
    Yes. I agree. It seems they have no idea what they are doing now. The schism between Marvel and its scattered properties seems to have fractured the comics universe, creating a toxic co-dependence on pandering to film audiences that is killing the interest of some long time fans.

Yes, this relaunch has the most books I plan to buy. There is no guarantee I will buy #2 for any of them. Just in case anyone planned on calling me a hypocrite.

It seems Hickman was their master planner, those seven years he worked on Fantastic Four, FF, The Avengers, New Avengers, and Secret Wars were the most cohesive long-term storytelling Marvel has seen in years (I refuse to acknowledge anything by Bendis). Now that Hickman is gone, they have turned to Bendis and are doing all sorts of random nonsense, trial and failure. Sadly, because of that horrible **** called Civil War II and the upcoming relaunch, they are not letting the experiment work and have not let their books breathe.

After Secret Wars, the universe needed at least a full year before another major event shook up the status quo. Pleasant Hill and Civil War II came too soon!

I have not read Rebirth, I just know it was all Dr. Manhattan's fault.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Yes. I agree. It seems they have no idea what they are doing now. The schism between Marvel and its scattered properties seems to have fractured the comics universe, creating a toxic co-dependence on pandering to film audiences that is killing the interest of some long time fans.

Yes, this relaunch has the most books I plan to buy. There is no guarantee I will buy #2 for any of them. Just in case anyone planned on calling me a hypocrite.

It seems Hickman was their master planner, those seven years he worked on Fantastic Four, FF, The Avengers, New Avengers, and Secret Wars were the most cohesive long-term storytelling Marvel has seen in years (I refuse to acknowledge anything by Bendis). Now that Hickman is gone, they have turned to Bendis and are doing all sorts of random nonsense, trial and failure. Sadly, because of that horrible **** called Civil War II and the upcoming relaunch, they are not letting the experiment work and have not let their books breathe.

After Secret Wars, the universe needed at least a full year before another major event shook up the status quo. Pleasant Hill and Civil War II came too soon!

I have not read Rebirth, I just know it was all Dr. Manhattan's fault.
    Are you a DC fan in general?

I dont see the Moon Knight cover anywhere?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Séb View Post
    is that guy suppose to be Moon Knight? Moon Knight's a white guy? i thought he was Egyptian

BANNED

Are you a DC fan in general?
    I was a fan prior to the New 52. That reboot ruined a lot of things I liked.

I also enjoyed Smallville and the new Flash series.

BANNED

is that guy suppose to be Moon Knight? Moon Knight's a white guy? i thought he was Egyptian
    The dudes fighting in that cover don't look white, they look brown-ish (they resemble Latinos and Arabs that I've seen in comics).

Moon Knight is racially Jewish.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 07-12-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Avengers 1.1 it's the classic team. That's what I have been wanting.
    I am interested in Solo FoolKiller Prowler look interesting but at what price point. Why the hell do they keep changing premium title prices for titles that aren't worth it. If the first issue is $5-6 then they can fuckoff. Hell if they are $4 I might not bother with them.
    If it is Richard Ryder back as Nova then I will get it.
    US Avengers looks interesting. Only it has two characters that should be in a X-Force title. It is a maybe.
    GLA but the price thing might apply hear also.
    I already buy Uncanny Avengers, Thunderbolts, Hulk and mercs but Hulk and mercs might be cut loose.
    Unworthy Thor despite it having Aaron on it the fucking hack.
    Avengers I'm not sure about. Hercules, Vision and Falcon are on the team but Doom looks to be on the team and that is stupid.
    Wasp nope should be Janet.
    The new Defenders title looks nice. I'm not sure about. The same with Ultimates, occupy. Ultimates is nice but it may bee cut loose.
    Squirrel girl and Hellcat are interesting but we get back to that price point problem. I'm not paying the same price for some of these titles as I will for the X-titles, Thor and Captain America. If DC can sell me Batman(the top selling comic) Superman and the there other flagship titles at $2.99 then Marvel can sell me titles like Prowler and Hellcat at that price point.

And great news Marvel and Fox are producing a tv show together. So I will be getting all the X-titles as usual. But if there are no X-titles Marvel will not get another goddamn cent from me.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    Avengers 1.1 it's the classic team. That's what I have been wanting.
    I am interested in Solo FoolKiller Prowler look interesting but at what price point. Why the hell do they keep changing premium title prices for titles that aren't worth it. If the first issue is $5-6 then they can fuckoff. Hell if they are $4 I might not bother with them.
    If it is Richard Ryder back as Nova then I will get it.
    US Avengers looks interesting. Only it has two characters that should be in a X-Force title. It is a maybe.
    GLA but the price thing might apply hear also.
    I already buy Uncanny Avengers, Thunderbolts, Hulk and mercs but Hulk and mercs might be cut loose.
    Unworthy Thor despite it having Aaron on it the fucking hack.
    Avengers I'm not sure about. Hercules, Vision and Falcon are on the team but Doom looks to be on the team and that is stupid.
    Wasp nope should be Janet.
    The new Defenders title looks nice. I'm not sure about. The same with Ultimates, occupy. Ultimates is nice but it may bee cut loose.
    Squirrel girl and Hellcat are interesting but we get back to that price point problem. I'm not paying the same price for some of these titles as I will for the X-titles, Thor and Captain America. If DC can sell me Batman(the top selling comic) Superman and the there other flagship titles at $2.99 then Marvel can sell me titles like Prowler and Hellcat at that price point.

And great news Marvel and Fox are producing a tv show together. So I will be getting all the X-titles as usual. But if there are no X-titles Marvel will not get another goddamn cent from me.
    What new Defenders title? :O

I like Squirrel Girl but I can't stand her solo book. Same goes for Hellcat. Those books are awful!

I need to hear more details about this Fox thing. After the abomination that were Deadpool and X-Men: Apocalypse, I refuse to watch anything by Fox again.

I don't like the new Ultimates books. They are stealing the name of the Avengers from my beloved Ultimate Universe (RIP).

The $4 price is aggravating. Even more the $6 first issue thing they do.

I have no interest in any of the Deadpool books or spinoffs. I wish they had given solo books to more deserving characters instead.

Extraordinary Member

Moon Knight is racially Jewish.
    Moonknight is suppose to be from what i heard/learn is jewish and white and his religion is jewish.Keep in mind there are racially all types of jewish folks.
    If he is a person of color or racially brown,okay,but i always thought he was white.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-12-2016 at 03:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    Moonknight is suppose to be from what hear/learn is jewish and white and his religion is jewish.Keep in mind there are racially all types of jewish folks.
    Jews are also a race. Let's change topic, please.

I don't like talking about religions and characters I despise. I merely informed the gentleman or lady above who asked.

What new Defenders title? :O

I like Squirrel Girl but I can't stand her solo book. Same goes for Hellcat. Those books are awful!

I need to hear more details about this Fox thing. After the abomination that were Deadpool and X-Men: Apocalypse, I refuse to watch anything by Fox again.

I don't like the new Ultimates books. They are stealing the name of the Avengers from my beloved Ultimate Universe (RIP).

The $4 price is aggravating. Even more the $6 first issue thing they do.

I have no interest in any of the Deadpool books or spinoffs. I wish they had given solo books to more deserving characters instead.
    The Docter Strange team book is a Defenders if I ever saw one. I was talking about the X-men comics. I liked X-men Apocalypse and deadpool movies. But I realize they the movie studio's are going to take the great Ideas of the comics then butcher it with their interpretations of the characters and stories. In my opinion the best way to enjoy the movies is to go in with the realisation that some turd who doesn't like the subject matter anyways will try to ruin the characters.

The guys on the cover are Moon Knight throughout the years, they are all Moon Knight,
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    The Docter Strange team book is a Defenders if I ever saw one. I was talking about the X-men comics. I liked X-men Apocalypse and deadpool movies. But I realize they the movie studio's are going to take the great Ideas of the comics then butcher it with their interpretations of the characters and stories. In my opinion the best way to enjoy the movies is to go in with the realisation that some turd who doesn't like the subject matter anyways will try to ruin the characters.
    I really doubt that the doctor strange and the sorcerers supreme is going to be a defenders book. It's just doctor strange with a bunch of dead people who used the title of sorcerer supreme or people of alternate futures that will use the title.