Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nnelg View Post
    The Docter Strange team book is a Defenders if I ever saw one. I was talking about the X-men comics. I liked X-men Apocalypse and deadpool movies. But I realize they the movie studio's are going to take the great Ideas of the comics then butcher it with their interpretations of the characters and stories. In my opinion the best way to enjoy the movies is to go in with the realisation that some turd who doesn't like the subject matter anyways will try to ruin the characters.
    I was responding to your last line about the Fox/Marvel TV collaboration.

I thought it was going to be a street-level Defenders book to tie-in with the Netflix show.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 07-12-2016 at 04:30 PM.

BANNED

is nobody here gonna be reading kingpin?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I really doubt that the doctor strange and the sorcerers supreme is going to be a defenders book. It's just doctor strange with a bunch of dead people who used the title of sorcerer supreme or people of alternate futures that will use the title.
    Damn it! So it's basically Avatar: The Last Airbender...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    is nobody here gonna be reading kingpin?
    *raises hand*

On another note, there sure is a lot of "GET OFF MY LAWN" in this thread.
    I write about the intersection of science, comics and culture. Check it out!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    There, it's fixed now. Personally, I've been reading IM regularly since the Ellis relaunch, and I constantly make my way back, to the older issues. So, yeah, some, if not most, of us "complaining" are actual IM readers who are sick and tired of Tony getting the short end of the stick. The Gillen run was terrible, Superior might as well had been an evil AU Stark, Bendis' run was/is not even worth writting about (Gillen's run, while luckster, at least had some interesting ideas and scope), and now he's being retired/becoming an AI/dying. Therefore, I think we can very well "complain" about the fact that Bendis' OC & Doom (much as big a fan of Doom I am, this is not the Doom solo I wanted, not by a longshot) are taking over.

No as the few that make up the 5% that actually read it are even then drowned out by the high number of those who don't and they're easy to spot as they're the same ones who complain about everything. It's not hard to miss them as they've made a lot of the complaint threads for probably the last five pages and post in those threads over and over

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    *raises hand*

How so? :O

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    Jews are also a race. Let's change topic, please.
    You brought it up,but like i said i disagree.There are white,brown and black jews etc..
    So it's a religion not a race.
    Now the people called hebrew?
    That is a ethnic group,still not a race.
    Anyway you could go back to topic.
    Last edited by mace11; 07-12-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Spectacular Member

So not a single X-Men title in sight (not including Death of X and Deadpool of course). What could it mean!? Cue conspiracy theorists.

Anyway, after something like eight years, Slott's Spider-Man run appears to be coming to an end, unless this checklist is incomplete. Still, if he goes out undoing the final story of his predecessor, I will be more than satisfied. Slott's Spider-Man has had it's ups and downs, but overall I've been satisfied with it. Here's hoping Renew Your Vows and One More Chance finally does undo One More Day and we get that Spider-Man and family story we've always wanted. I can't help but feel that Marvel is doing this in response to DC doing much the same to Superman. I know Conway is a old school writer, but he's usually hit or miss for me. I hope if he's the new ongoing Spider writer that it's good stuff.

Anway, I don't care much for most of these new titles. I'll still be collecting:

MOON KNIGHT
    MIGHTY THOR
    SILVER SURFER
    SPIDER-GWEN
    SPIDER-MAN
    SPIDER-MAN 2099

and all the 2099 Deadpool issues. As for the new stuff?

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: RENEW YOUR VOWS
    UNWORTHY THOR
    THANOS
    CAGE! (gotta love Genndy Tartakovsky)

So, Marvel's finally releasing that Gamora series they announced nearly two years ago? I'll believe it when I see it. And whatever happened to that new Blade ongoing? Oh well, stay warm in development hell. I'm also kind of surprised to see Ant-Man missing. I know there's a new Wasp series, but I thought they were really trying to push Scott Lang lately.

I can't imagine why Marvel thinks it's smart to make series for three of Deadpool's Mercs for Money. The Mercs were chosen specifically because they're obscure and unpopular. No way will Solo, Foolkiller, or Slapstick last beyond a few issues. They haven't been all that interesting in Deadpool's own series, certainly not enough to warrant their own. This is a bad idea. Still, kudos for taking a risk?

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    You brought it up,but like i said i disagree.There are white,brown and black jews etc..
    So it's a religion not a race.
    Now the people called hebrew?
    That is a ethnic group,still not a race.
    Anyway you could go back to topic.
    Wait, religions count in the genocide category ?.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    *raises hand*

well that's one for kingpin

Question

I'm incredibly confused. Lots of new books at #1 and many with continuing numbers. Does this mean that the others not mentioned, like deadpool and flagship amazing spiderman, will continue their numbering? I really can't handle yet another number restart. I'm all for new books, mostly, cuz characters and ideas are getting spread pretty thin, but long time faves that are dothe no just fine, I can't see why there'd be a need to start over again. Maybe some merging or name changes, dropping the "all-new all-different" stuff. Will this Avengers #1 be taking over for the ANAD Avengers? And I'm just gonna go ahead and assume xmen are still around. One more thing, what's the deal with Venom, looks to be the Venom of old. Curious for more info there.
    Please. No more remembering. A standard price decrease across the board, a la DC Rebirth, would be nice, make up for the shitting cover stock and all the ink I smear just holding long enough to read (with clean hands).
    Ugh. Sorry. Just frustrated. Love my Marvel but don't wanna have to give it up just cuz I've gotten lost in the publishing hijinks.

I agree with you on the Mercs. I thought they and the idea were charming enough for a mini series, but when they started showing up a lot in the main Deadpool book and then Uncanny Avengers, it was becoming too much. I'm sure somebody will like their new ongoing but I still find it necessary, even more so with the spin off solos. These guys were obscure for a reason. I agree, they won't hold up. I hope this does get them out of the other books though. Not every group book needs an accompanying set of associated solo books, i.e. GotG.

In response to the end of "davewire"s post above. Still trying to figure out this board, I don't post often.
    Last edited by Victor_robotov; 07-12-2016 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    Wait, religions count in the genocide category ?.
    What do you think the Nazi were doing in WW2

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Prison. Hopefully his daughter Cassie will show up in Hawkeye's book.

Hmm, that's odd. Did they suddenly decide to release issues fortnightly, to avoid contradicting Clone Conspiracy? The cover shown looks like a CC tie-in.
    Yeah. These Mercs for Money spin-offs will be cancelled in short order.

That's not Anya. She'd have a ponytail if it was her. Apparently it's Mattie Franklin, aka Spider-Woman III - this is probably a Clone Conspiracy tie-in.

I wonder if it's a nod to the original 1610 Ultimates? Their book got a new #1 called Ultimates 2 after a year too.

No, Vision was always meant to end after 12 issues.

Shaved head girl is Negasonic Teenage Warhead, as seen in the Deadpool movie. Like I said above, that's Mattie. Both her and the duplicate Spidey 2099 are probably clones, and it's to tie into Clone Conspiracy.

The new Hawkeye book is a Kate Bishop solo, that's why.

Me too - I could've sworn it was already confirmed cancelled, so it's inclusion on the checklist was a surprise.

Former Spidey rogue, now working for Parker Industries in security, and sometimes impersonating Spider-Man to protect Peter's secret identity.

He's already in prison. Its implied that hes going to be recruited in Civil War 2 and i, wondering where that will lead.

This leak is probably going to really hurt cbr, newsarama and bleeding cool's site traffic.