Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223

Quote Originally Posted by capNthor View Post

They cancelled Vision as well? Why not giv another writer at least an arc to test if it has sustainability after King. Yeah this line up isn't appealing. Doesn't even feel Marvel at all. Clearly going all in on a different, new age direction. Here's hoping it works out better than DCYou.
    Vision was going to finish with issue 12. King signed a full time contract with DC and he told months ago that his last issues with Vision would be the last ones of the series. And I think it was the right thing, I really doubt that another writer could follow up with King's great work.

The books revealed for Marvel Now are not all coming out in October so everyone up in arms over certain books not being solicited need to calm down. When the proper previews catalogue for October is released at the end of the month most likely the Spidey and X related solicits will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    The books revealed for Marvel Now are not all coming out in October so everyone up in arms over certain books not being solicited need to calm down. When the proper previews catalogue for October is released at the end of the month most likely the Spidey and X related solicits will be there.
    I think you are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by newy View Post
    Man, that (inlay?) cover for Death of X. That must hurt...
    Yes. Yes it does.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by itspopularnowitsucks View Post
    Teen Wasp IS Hope van Dyne.
    Hope = Nadia (Russian)
    van Dyne = Pym (Marriage)
    They are still not the same characters. Not even legitimate counterparts. They have different mothers, that is the deal-breaker. Hope's mother was the classic Wasp. Here it is the woman in the refrigerator that Hank was married to prior to Janet.

Spectacular Member

Does it really matter? It's not like Earth-199999 is an exact copy of Earth-616 (or Marvel Prime, no idea what the official designation is).

BANNED

Does it really matter? It's not like Earth-199999 is an exact copy of Earth-616 (or Marvel Prime, no idea what the official designation is).
    Personally, I am giving Nadia Pym a chance. Hope van Dyne was an insufferable bee-otch in the Ant-Man film, I couldn't stand her. Hopefully Nadia is more likeable.
    Her backstory is interesting. I just hope the Red Room didn't sterilize her like they did to Black Widow, I want Hank to have human grandchildren for a change.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    I just hope the Red Room didn't sterilize her like they did to Black Widow, I want Hank to have human grandchildren for a change.
    Or turn her into a sleeper for whatever organisation (wonder if we get a little crossover with BW's current series).

BANNED

Or turn her into a sleeper for whatever organisation (wonder if we get a little crossover with BW's current series).
    That too. After Hydra Cap, I'm beyond sick and tired of sleeper agents.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor-Comics View Post
    Dan Slott's Twitter feed was blowing up in rage over Bleeding Cool reposting from 4chan.

I appreciate his frustration over BC blowing the cover, but really, the problem started with whoever posted the images first, which means there's a mole in the production line somewhere.
    Reposting from 4chan? Check that thread, it started with them running links to BC's coverage!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor-Comics View Post
    The situation with leaks and spoilers really is a matter of the weird relationship between publishers and these websites. The sites like Bleeding Cool and CBR couch themselves as journalists, but really, they are click machine promotion extensions of the publishing houses. Not owned by them, of course, but they certainly rely upon each other for their existences.

The houses probably wish they could control the stories and breaking news outright, but unless they clamp down on their internal leaks, it will be impossible.

BC is a little too National Enquirer for my tastes, and I think boundaries have been broken as a result of the economic realities of running a hype site that relies upon clicks to keep the lights on. It's a dirty business. (The BC owner even posted a link to his site in this thread, which seems at least a little sketchy, but maybe he and CBR have a relationship I don't know about.)

Slott is probably right in that creators should get first crack at promoting their work, but even then, in this case, that promotion would have come as part of a Marvel-sanctioned push. BC grabs the chan-leak, gets the clicks and the ad revenue and some of the buzz instead. Creators are still special, though, and people will still be excited and read the books for the characters and creators they follow. BC keeps the lights on, and so do Marvel and their artists.

As soon as it channed, Marvel should have unleashed their PR. Maybe next time they'll have a contingency plan in place for leaks, and the creators can get the buzz, BC gets their clicks, we get our news, and the heroes get their spandex.
    Journalists? Where? This is Bleeding Cool! We weren't running 4chan leaks, that was what CBR did. We had our own sources. You'll see, we ran plenty of stuff ScanBro on 4chan hadn't bothered with, including but not limited to Namor's return in Squadron Supreme.