Default Abe Sapien #35: The Garden (III)

Resistance Is Fertile Junior Wormwood's Avatar

What a stunning issue! I don't want to spoil any of it, but a pair of characters we haven't seen in years make an appearance, from my favorite Hellboy yarn, and I think I actually made a noise because my girlfriend asked if I was okay. Heh. There was one panel in particular of Abe relaxing, and it was just perfection. Absolutely loved this issue, and now I'm reeeeeaal curious how this run is going to finish.

Spectacular Member

It was beautiful, re-reading this series is a must and i can't wait for the hardcovers. yes the cover for #36 now has me wondering is that Abe or Strobl? Will Abe make it out alive and back to the B.P.R.D which is the common assumption?
    Last edited by highlandhellboy; 07-14-2016 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by highlandhellboy View Post
    It was beautiful, re-reading this series is a must and i can't wait for the hardcovers.
    Agreed. It'll be great to have Abe Sapien Dark and Terrible in hardcover omnibuses.

I loved this issue and I can't wait for the finale and to see how it ties back into BPRD.

Since issue #30, the Abe Sapien series look more like a monthly Hellboy in Hell than what they were doing before... and that's amazing! Great art, lots of weird stuff, i wanna see the hardcover too!

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Man, I was sorry to see that happen to the Bogrush

Artieness

Greetings guys,
    sorry I haven't been here in ages!

I just finished reading this and I'm utterly confused.
    I don't understand where does the evil jellyfish-like creature in St. Sebastien comes from or why the Hyperborean priest bursts into light and turns into a twin jellyfish-like creature.
    Are there any threads around where all this is discussed?

Cheers!

You'll need to read B.P.R.D.: Plague of Frogs (the five-issue miniseries, not the big story cycle... although I certainly recommend reading that) and Abe Sapien: The Drowning (which is set in Saint-Sēbastien in the 1980s).

The Abe Sapien ongoing series (the Dark and Terrible cycle) is somewhat of an anomaly in the Hellboy Universe. Most series are written so that they can be read without having read anything else, but the Dark and Terrible cycle heavily leans on B.P.R.D. to the point that some things simply won't make sense if you aren't familiar with B.P.R.D..

However, some of the things you're discussing are still questions, and will likely be explored further in B.P.R.D. The Devil You Know.