View Poll Results: Who Should Be The Amazon That Is Active During WWII?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hippolyta

3 60.00%
  • Myrna Black

0 0%
  • Estoristos

0 0%
  • Artemis

0 0%
  • Other(Please Specify)

0 0%
  • None

2 40.00%
    Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Default Should There Be An Amazon That Fights The Axis In WWII?(SPOILERS)

From the looks of this week's Wonder Woman #3, it appears that Diana makes her debut as Wonder Woman in the modern day yet Rucka mentioned a while back that there were questions as to whether or not she was active during World War II. This makes me wonder if he will reveal that a different Amazon was active during that time fighting the Axis and possible taking Diana's place in the Justice Society/All-Star Squadron. If Rucka goes that route, who would you like that Amazon to be? Keep in mind that this Amazon would probably NOT be called Wonder Woman by the general public.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

Mighty Member

id say none if it wont be Diana

BANNED

Like I've said elsewhere, I kinda like the idea of Hippolyta venturing off the island from time to time for a bit of adventuring and that WWII was simply one of those occasions.

Still kinda hoping Exoristos shows up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite's Champion View Post
    id say none if it wont be Diana
    I agree with this. If Diana isn't the first Wonder Woman, then I don't wanna read it. Others can fill in here and there, but it should always be Diana.
    Richard Alexander

In my headfanon, every 30 years the Amazons of Themyscira hold a Contest of athletic prowess to determine who among them should be sent out into Man's World and return with teachings, technology, and pregnancy.

During the late 1800s, the victorious Amazon returned with a steam engine. In the process of retro-engineering, it exploded and nearly killed Queen Hippolyte. The Amazons demanded Hippolyte join the winning Contestants of the next tournament in order to create an heir.

Hippolyte's Contest and subsequent arrival in Man's World was in 1915, in the bloody heat of the first World War. She and the Amazon Contestants returned to Themyscira in a biplane and forbade all future Contests.

In her trauma, the Queen secluded herself in her palace... and emerged some time later with the Princess.

When Steven Trevor crossed the islands magical barrier in 1941, the Princess saw this as an opportunity to see Man's World and achieve greatness like her mother. She rallied the Amazons to reopen the Contest, but found herself unable to fairly participate due to her magical gifts and superhuman abilities.

In frustration, the Princess flew to the far side of the island, and begged a demigod witch to use magic to change her body: conceal her identity, suppress her powers. In exchange, the Princess would secretly carry the Witch with her to Man's World, and let her free of the island prison.

Upon winning the Contest due to her skill and determination, she revealed her identity to the Amazons and pleaded her case. She would return the man to his world and defeat the new evil that threatened to overtake it. The Princess Diana arrived at Washington DC in 1942 with Steve Trevor in her arms and Circe inside a shell. Alongside the Princess were the Contest silver and bronze winners: Nubia and Artemis.

None ever returned to Paradise Island.