Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Take out the jacket and give it to Donna Troy.
    this 10 chars

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Javier Velasco View Post
    I just never felt like I was looking at Wonder Woman.
    also this too

BANNED

So Diana can wear a black trench coat when she wants to be less conspicuous?

Ultimate Member

I liked it overall. I really like the straps as well. I would have made the boots red, it balances out the black pants. As for the jacket, I don't mind it, but it's not something that NEEDS to be there. It looks more like something that Black Canary would wear. The costume is still much better than her swimsuit outfit.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I liked the tiara and the belt(as drawn by Kramer) a lot. The top was ok. The bracelets, black jacket & pants, and footwear were terrible IMO.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I liked the costume fairly well. I did wish that Kramer (and the fill ins) would have drawn the "W" on her top as larger the way Reis did and I would have added the red boots to balance out the costume better. The jacket was very out dated and didn't seem to fit very well with the attempt at a more modern Wonder Woman.

I would not be opposed to it being given to Donna at all. Trade out the W for an eagle maybe?

BANNED

I saw that cover in a comic shop once and thought it was really interesting. I hope to see the pants again, if not on the main costume then in some alternate (that original version of WW #1 where Chiang drew the pants was so much better than Lee's version).

Was the Odyssey a good story? If I see that issue again it was probably on sale.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I saw that cover in a comic shop once and thought it was really interesting. I hope to see the pants again, if not on the main costume then in some alternate (that original version of WW #1 where Chiang drew the pants was so much better than Lee's version).

Was the Odyssey a good story? If I see that issue again it was probably on sale.
    I enjoyed it quite a lot.

It was an interesting Elseworlds kind of story. I thought Diana had some really great moments and some of her villains were re-imagined in very interesting ways.

I highly recommend giving it a look.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Protector of Mortals Prof. Aegis's Avatar

I actually loved this outfit a lot! I liked the black and red look and the crown/band/tiara, and bracers. The jacket was nice, but I agree, I liked seeing the straps with the outfit. The only thing I would have liked to see was a more defined and slightly larger (not massively) WW insignia. Other than that, it is still one of my favorite and I wish we had been able to see it for a longer period. I was disappointed when the Nu52 outfit went from pants to bikini bottoms. Oh well.

Hope to see the outfit again. Oh and I wish we had an action figure to go with it. Here's a custom I found online...

The Doors of Wisdom are never shut! - Benjamin Franklin

I really enjoyed the story, some nice reinventions.

That figure is AMAZING!

That figure is spot-on with the Kramer rendition. Very nice!
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Really disliked the black. If the pants had been the same dark blue as the shorts and boots are now, it could have been a keeper. I think it's a valid option for Donna Troy...but with the blue, again, not the black (and no tiara.)
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Really disliked the black. If the pants had been the same dark blue as the shorts and boots are now, it could have been a keeper. I think it's a valid option for Donna Troy...but with the blue, again, not the black (and no tiara.)
    I personally like better. I never thought that blue goes well with red, at least not how they're arranged on WW's costume. We basically had red parts and blue parts and each one had a different kind of accessory.

1. gold tiara with red star, but
    2. blue underpants with white stars
    3. red bustier with gold eagle, but
    4. red boots with white stripes.
    5. silver bracelets

It was a mess. This suit (and to an extend the new52 one) unify all those incoherent pieces and choose one metal trim. And on top of that the Odyssey had those awesome straps.

I had been thinking the same thing for a while. Your post reminded me of this so I created a maxi-micro of what Donna could potentially look like in the costume. I ditched the jacket and the choker as I always felt they made the suit look a little too busy:

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    I had been thinking the same thing for a while. Your post reminded me of this so I created a maxi-micro of what Donna could potentially look like in the costume. I ditched the jacket and the choker as I always felt they made the suit look a little too busy:

Looks great to me! I'd buy it!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--