Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    ^Budget hasn't been confirmed yet but Batman Begins only had 150. Iron man one had even less at 140. Most of the film looks to be practical makes sense the budget wouldn't be too high.
    Hey Baggie! On google, it said that the budget was $100 million dollars. I would prefer that you were right though. Maybe you are right.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    I am not familiar with Heinberg's run on our dear diana. How was she portrayed? I suppose I could look it up. ... off to google.
    He's the one that wrore Diana at her most pessimistic and inhuman.

And had the JLA wipe up her collected Rogues' gallery, which she was utterly ineffective against. IIRC at one point Batman outmagicked Circe.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    She was in a bit of a depressed state. An attitude like that is understandable, given everything she'd been through.

And had the JLA wipe up her collected Rogues' gallery, which she was utterly ineffective against. IIRC at one point Batman outmagicked Circe.
    I recall she was doing fine against them, but she WAS massively outnumbered.

And no, the "Batman outmagicking Circe" thing was Amazons Attack. *Spits* We shall speak of it no more!
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Holy Mackerel. Another soap writer.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    He was just there to advise them on the GL mythos. He had precisely ZERO creative control over anything. He didn't write the script. He didn't have anything to do with how the story unfolded.

That movie was directed by committee. It would've taken far more than Johns to right that ship.
    I also heard very different, Johns derailed the movie and pissed some screeenwriters and brought guggenhein, berlanti and kreisberg to do the script.

I can barely read, because it s so no-wonder woman and bad writing. DC made a giant mistake not having Rucka continuing his run
    Last edited by Tayswift; 07-12-2016 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    I also heard very different, Johns derailed the movie and pissed some screeenwriters and brought guggenhein, berlanti and kreisberg to do the script.
    You'll forgive me if I trust my sources more than yours.

Especially the idea of Johns derailing the movie and pissing off screenwriters. If Johns has a specialty, it's in talent relations. And as a mere co-producer/content advisor, he wouldn't have the clout to make such changes anyway.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

She was in a bit of a depressed state. An attitude like that is understandable, given everything she'd been through.

And no, the "Batman outmagicking Circe" thing was Amazons Attack. *Spits* We shall speak of it no more!

I think it would have been ridiculous if Heinberg had made Diana be able to defeat as many of her rogues by herself that appeared in his story. As powerful as Diana is, eventually, several of them would have gained the upper hand on her and put her down for good. If it were just 2 or 3 of her rogues, I could see her taking them down on her own but a double digit amount of rogues? No way.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

You'll forgive me if I trust my sources more than yours.

Especially the idea of Johns derailing the movie and pissing off screenwriters. If Johns has a specialty, it's in talent relations. And as a mere co-producer/content advisor, he wouldn't have the clout to make such changes anyway.
    Of course I only hear nice things about him, but also no one is crazy to burn bridges with him (tv, movie, comics).
    ranking mean little on movies sometimes, it just take to convince the bosses of something to overule.

BANNED

She deals with that in the way her writer decides she deals with it. The writer decided she shall wallow in self-pity.

You are misremembering. She didn't take out even one of them.

My bad. It was roughly the same time period.
    Or exactly the same time period, given how the ending of Heinberg's run came out at roughly the same time as the ending of his succesor's run.

She deals with that in the way her writer decides she deals with it. The writer decided she shall wallow in self-pity.
    And given what happened, that seems like a perfectly valid way for her to deal with it. Diana's not emotionally invulnerable. I'm fine with her indulging in some self pity. What's important is that she works past it.

You are misremembering. She didn't take out even one of them.
    Nor was she ineffective against them. It's not like she was just getting her ass kicked from pillar to post.

My bad. It was roughly the same time period.
    Or exactly the same time period, given how the ending of Heinberg's run came out at roughly the same time as the ending of his succesor's run.
    Yep. The art styles were even pretty similar. So the mistake is easy to make.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

And given what happened, that seems like a perfectly valid way for her to deal with it. Diana's not emotionally invulnerable. I'm fine with her indulging in some self pity. What's important is that she works past it.

Nor was she ineffective against them. It's not like she was just getting her ass kicked from pillar to post.

Yep. The art styles were even pretty similar. So the mistake is easy to make.
    This guy is having the same issue that we are talking about in the other thread. Most people don't want to read Shakespeare or too many emotions in a comic book. People love to see their heroes shine, and be confident. If Heinberg has an issue writing Wonder Woman as confident and powerful... if all she did was "wallow in self pity" during his take on her, then we have a problem. I hope thats not what we see in the movie.

I actually remember his run now. This was after people whined that Wonder Woman was too brutal in the Rucka fight: wah wah wah.

Its a complete toss-up at this point. If the quality of work is anything like what its been for the past few years in comics, it could be a really, really, really bad sign.

So hopefully a transfer to film has recharged his batteries.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by dianafan1985 View Post
    This guy is having the same issue that we are talking about in the other thread. Most people don't want to read Shakespeare or too many emotions in a comic book. People love to see their heroes shine, and be confident. If Heinberg has an issue writing Wonder Woman as confident and powerful... if all she did was "wallow in self pity" during his take on her, then we have a problem. I hope thats not what we see in the movie.

I actually remember his run now. This was after people whined that Wonder Woman was too brutal in the Rucka fight: wah wah wah.
    Good thing she didn't wallow, then. She had a maudlin moment at the end of the storyline, after the enemies were defeated and the danger was past. When she was fighting Circe, Heracles, and her entire rogues gallery, she was strong, confident, and utterly unconcerned with how the odds were stacked against her.

And when you say "most people," you really mean "you." Plenty of people enjoy seeing their heroes go through a range of emotions. It's called good storytelling. Until you can produce some actual evidence that supports your claim, I'm not buying what you're selling.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Good thing she didn't wallow, then. She had a maudlin moment at the end of the storyline, after the enemies were defeated and the danger was past. When she was fighting Circe, Heracles, and her entire rogues gallery, she was strong, confident, and utterly unconcerned with how the odds were stacked against her.

And when you say "most people," you really mean "you." Plenty of people enjoy seeing their heroes go through a range of emotions. It's called good storytelling. Until you can produce some actual evidence that supports your claim, I'm not buying what you're selling.
    You don't have to buy what I am selling my friend. I am quite comfortable with agreeing to disagree.
    Last edited by dianafan1985; 07-12-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Johns got bored of his warrior woman and wrote WW as a character in his latter half of JL :P
    Oh, sweet. Yeah, I dropped off JL after Amazo Virus, but it wasn't JUST in JL; he wrote her badly before then even. Glad he can learn, at least. Because he always used to write her as a stereotypical warrior lady who needs to come down to Earth and learn the ways of the hu-man.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force