Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Marvel Is Teasing the Return of Richard Rider as Nova -- Here's Why You Should Care

With the original Nova Corps hero apparently headed back to the Marvel U, learn what makes Rich Rider a legendary cosmic hero.

Full article here.

Sorry but I don't. Give me Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning taking over both Guardians of the Galaxy and a brand new Nova Corps book and then I care. Hell I'd care and buy if it was just either Abnett or Lanning, how about that for a deal?
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

If Sam's not Nova in it it's going off my pull list. Probably replacing it with Champions since he's in that, so it's not like Marvel's losing money off me. But I have no interest in a Nova book without Sam. I like his character and supporting cast.

Kudos to the fans of the old Nova. Glad you finally got him back. I just have no interest in him.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Nova Corps with Richard Rider AND Sam Alexander and I might actually care.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    DnA or Dan Abnett getting an exclusive to take over the cosmic side of Marvel or literally no deal. I actually think that I like Sam better than Richard, but I want Abnett working his magic with the cosmic side of Marvel again, no more "Cosmic Avengers".
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

All-New Member

Most unintentionally terrible/hilarious normal identity name ever.

YES!

And get rid of Sam Alexander while you're at it plz.

Quote Originally Posted by Zauri View Post
    DnA or Dan Abnett getting an exclusive to take over the cosmic side of Marvel or literally no deal. I actually think that I like Sam better than Richard, but I want Abnett working his magic with the cosmic side of Marvel again, no more "Cosmic Avengers".
    Abnett is now a DC Exclusive and he and Lanning will no longer work together due to some personal issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    YES!

He's going to be in Champions.
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

While I and many Rich Rider fans remain optismistic about this potential revial of the one true Nova Prime, two points:

1) I note in the article that it says complaints about Rich's fate from loyal fans have tapered off over the years. Sorry but that isn't the case! In fact Rider fans have been nothing but persistent in doing their utmost to bring him back. Right now there is still an active petition via 2 fan sites to get him into the MCU. And fan sites such as NPP and others never gave up their hope or support to see him back.

2) Fans of Sam still have to reconcile and remember that if it wasn't for Rich Rider your version would never had existed!

This annoucment marks the possibility that both factions of Nova can have the hero they want. The young newer readers to continue enjoying Sam's adventures in Champions and us older guard enjoying the hero we grew up with when we were your age. In short everyone can be a winner and moreso as 2016 marks the 40th Anniversary of the Human Rocket. Let's hope Marvel Now is finally a step in the right direction not only for Nova but for other heroes too! Nuff said.

All-New Member

Finally. a NOVA comic to read.

you had as much chance of getting me to read a book about Sam Alexander as you had me reading a book about Penance.

Female Nova blasting her way through the Galaxy. It's marvel's thing right now.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    2) Fans of Sam still have to reconcile and remember that if it wasn't for Rich Rider your version would never had existed!
    There's that, but keep in mind it was Sam Alexander that brought Nova to issue 100.

If you ask me, both sides of the Nova fandom need to buy this.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    If Sam and Rich both have solos then i'll pull both but if it's just Rich then my money is going to Solo

Amazing Member

There is plenty of room for both Richard and Sam (and both Wendell Vaughn as Quasar and Phyla-Vell too). Richard should be out in space protecting the cosmos and rebuilding the Nova corps alongside the World Mind, while Sam is the Earth-bound Nova. I hope RR is finally back and in the Annihilation version of his costume as well. I own a lot of statues and that Bowen Modern Nova is still one of the best around. Def one of the best 1/6th scale statues.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    YES!

Let them co-exist, that's the whole point of the Nova Corps. Plus if we can 2 Spider-Men swinging around, 2 Novas isn't that big of a deal. Just let Richard handle the galactic threats while Sam takes care of the problems of Earth, with the occasional crossover.
    Marvel Fan (Avengers, Guardians, Spider-Man, X-Men, Inhumans, you name it), DC Fan (Too Many Just to Name), Smash Wii U Tournament Organizer/Competitive Player, Overall Gamer